test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Avoiding certain powers in specific fights

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Are there certain powers you or your group avoids during certain fights because it causes performance issues?

• Does it involve one class?
• A combo of classes using powers?
• Is it during specific times in a fight?

We want to know!

We have heard concerns and stories in the past about players avoiding using certain powers during certain fights. We are looking for detailed info on the top 5-10 of these to help us identify and prioritize power fixing needs. This thread is just to share specific examples. Discussions regarding those powers or other tangential conversations will make it more challenging for us to locate the info at this time so please refrain from such discussions and debates here.

Thank you!
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    On the TR - Stealth+ SoD+soulforged= no stealth. So it's not so much a power as I moved my soulforged over to another character and don't use SoD (went back to WK). This is only an issue at bosses because anywhere else you can use "defeat me" to get it back.
    Post edited by ravenskya on
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• xzotix#6679 xzotix Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Pillar of Power in MSPC last boss. PoP knocks coins off randomly. (PS4)
    edited August 2017
    We also try to avoid having multiple floor graphics characters in a group in anything with more than 5 people in it. IE 4 CW's in a Demo or MSVA. I mean we will still do it, but everyone knows that lag is going to get massive if you have 2 pally's with auras, a handful of CW's and a few DC's slinging things around. Especially if icy terrain, pillar, seal, and CoP all end up layered on top of each other at a boss somewhere. Generally multiple things layered on the floor = a bad scene for lag (and in addition you can't see red)

In Gambit I won't use ANY skills other than at-wills if the modifiers include both "skills randomly turning off" and "People randomly turning into chickens" mainly because it glitches out your skill for the rest of the match - we have only noticed this happening with healing powers - not attack powers

Remove the +5 ambush ring in lostmauth or the adds won't spawn after you kill the scorpions until you "defeat me" and stand by the fire until everyone else has killed them
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

Here is a copy paste from the Pally Page on FB in regards to Tanking the Turtle in FBI (I'm deleting their names)

Has anyone else been experiencing their temp hp dropping off, like you've gone out of combat, in the middle of tanking the turtle in fbi? Just happened the whole fight to me even when I had more than 1 mill temp hp and everyone else dpsing they just disappear.

Yep it happens i dont even use it on turtle.

Today's the first time it's happened to me. Pretty frustrating.

Yeah in my groups i only need templars wrath on the hill and sometimes haiti the rest of the time im using vow, circle of power, and relentless avenger.

It's a bug on Turtle Fight, You get out of battle for some instants, that's when temp hp is lost, if u need use Absolution to help, it doesn't go of even out of battle, but circle of Power, Sacred Weapon and Smite is Perfect and Powerful, Use Shielding strike to help with the hits... you can manage this if u get some heals on you, or prism procs a lot

• alevandra#1249 alevandra Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    SW fiery bolt shoots in opposite direction of targeted enemy. Majority of the time it shoots sideways, where no enemy is even standing. It is progressively getting worse. I counted 27 times in a row during illusionist gambit. This poses a very large problem considering that this is a SW bread & butter dps power for mobs.
  • rendezvous420#3144 rendezvous420 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I've noticed Oathbound Paladin have a issue where when clicking in the guard button instead of the OP Aura the character will go into a Guardian Fighter stance. It seems to me that this has been around for a while now and particularly seems to happen more throughout lower to mid levels then level cap.
  • snotika1#5372 snotika1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    hunter ranger, all areas any group or solo, when using split the sky target area ends up some were that is not your target or no enemys there. I been told other carecters with long ranged atack have same problem. Example ETOS,my groups pally runs in to the four phaze spiders and I try 2 fire off a quick split the sky followed by the rest of my rotation. I hit my triangle button twice (Ps4 my set up) real fast and end up faceing backwards and power go off behind me.........Also all carecters all areas, trying to use a power when enemy is clearly targeted and power wont lock or picking up item and it says out of sight come on even the game knows what you are after or it wood not say out of sight or targeted enemy wood not be highlighted.......hope this helps and please dont f up my bondings, I spent and ground a lot for them
  • wyldkatt#0771 wyldkatt Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Shield of the faith, as a protection paladin daily, was glitch/bug on Kabal yesterday. It did not apply to party members but all adds in the fight got the blue shield halo. Even the fire balls to break the chains had it. This continued for the rest of the dungeon unless the party was alone with no enemies around. It was doing it on trash mobs. I am constantly taking new people to learn this dungeon and this is very frustrating. The protection bubble daily was not affected.

My protection paladin has had the issues others mentioned here also, but intermittently without any consistency to find a cause.

Edited to add: This is in MSPC dungeon from the Cloaked Ascendancy campaign.
  • xkingboshx#3812 xkingboshx Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Knights Valor is very buggy for a Guardian Fighter Tank. Sometimes (rarely) it works and sometimes the animation gets bugged and it refuses to use the move. Being one of our Aggro grabbing moves (especially for bosses), its very frustrating running into a boss and trying to use Knights Valor just to have it bugged. Now trying to keep aggro on a boss with heavy dps and only two encounters is pretty much impossible, your team gets upset and so do you.
    This happens during any Main boss fight (CN,MSVA, FBI, MSPC, etc)
  • SW fiery bolt shoots in opposite direction of targeted enemy. Majority of the time it shoots sideways, where no enemy is even standing. It is progressively getting worse. I counted 27 times in a row during illusionist gambit. This poses a very large problem considering that this is a SW bread & butter dps power for mobs.

I've posted multiple times on this issue and still hasn't been fixed. Its been like this since game came out on PS4.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Icy Terrain, Pillar of Power, and any other type of ground AoE ability that hides or block the red on the ground that tells us here comes a big hit. I still use my abilities and due to those though I have died as a result of not seeing the red on the ground.

• silky#3964 silky Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    To me, neverwinter is mostly a “numbers” game.
    In my personal observation and experience a lot of the so called numbers/stats,
    Aren’t accurately represented.
    Some are falsely to high as well to low - misleading.
    This is frustrating to say the least.

Glitchy? Yes.
    My pally and my devoted cleric struggle the most with this.
    Several of their powers each are glitchy.
    At first I thought it was my controller.
    Certain powers cause lag and as already stated certain powers affect the overal performance.
    I can say, since the latest update there’s been more lag.

Thus, the reason why many don’t play certain characters.
    When it becomes to much work with certain characters I definitely don’t use them.
    Maybe it’s a contributing factor to why there’s a shortage for clerics.

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Oppressor Force is tad annoying on a CW. Griffon Wrath on a GF seems to use 2 of the ability when I use it one time, so I stopped using Griffon Wrath and started using Knee Breaker instead.
  • sengir0#3465 sengir0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    try using soul sight crystal on mspc 2nd boss fight. I can't see the eye from the green screen
  • theonejetlitheonejetli Member Posts: 1 Arc User

Icy Terrain, Pillar of Power, and any other type of ground AoE ability that hides or block the red on the ground that tells us here comes a big hit. I still use my abilities and due to those though I have died as a result of not seeing the red on the ground.

I believe the affects that characters moves give off in dungeon in way to strong. all the damage numbers and healing numbers it to much.

• juan#5043 juan Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    GF can not use knight challenge in CR, second boss, if use that power boss turn crazy and execute special ability without previos sequence, hitting all pilars and killing all
  • gaw#7498 gaw Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Hunter Ranger: when I use Cordon of Arrows it stops half way, arrows don't fall, doesn't drag to center, no damage is done and then at the very end of the fight all the arrows land.

PS4
  • mcneir#4891 mcneir Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Oathbound Paladin: I try to avoid using Sanctuary to reduce incoming heavy damage on hard hitting Bosses or Trash like FBI hits from Giants as it seems to disable my options to use Scrolls to use Scroll of Life/Mass Life even though I have some left, I can not move the selection in the Near Death Dialog to the scrolls and only use the Release option available/preselected to me - I always hope in these cases that someone picks me up and I can continue.
  • juan#5043 juan Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    If you fall in the near death state with the raised shield you will not be able to use any scroll, with the gf it also happens ... it is not by the powers that you use, it is by the shield ...
  • mebalz#9859 mebalz Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    warlocks bargain does not cleanse the green chains in despair