test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is Hunt Trophy drop working as expected?

nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
edited July 2017 in PvE Discussion
Hi,

when we did guild test on preview, the rare mobs always dropped their respective trophy so we were assuming it was 100% drop rate.

Currently on live, it seems to be two issues:
  1. The drop seems to go to the party that does most damage.
  2. The drop rate of the tropy is not 100% on the rare mobs.
The first one seems like a problem because there are parties that just try to "steal" mobs from the current party/player already hunting it.
The second one was unexpected as on preview rare mobs always were dropping the trophy and now they don't do.

Are all of these intended and everything is WAI?

Thanks in advance.

@asterdahl @nitocris83 @noworries#8859 @terramak

Comments

• sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    I can tell you 250% that your first point is incorrect. It is NOT going to the highest damage dealer, nor is it going to the person who gets the final hit in.

However the additional layer of RNG is a problem. Rare creatures are already rare, I shouldn't then have a chance at a drop. Considering the amount of RNG it takes to get to the T3 hunt, it's going to be beyond ridiculous.
  • hagbard#9047 hagbard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    The RNG on this hunt thingy is stupid. Even the whole thing seems to me undeveloped. Fist u need good RNG to get the items for your lure from rare mobz, then u need RNG to get hunt items and if u do this in party u even need to roll on this item. :s
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    There is also RNG that rare monster appear before even getting the lure.I spent 4 hrs for looking trex yesterday.Killed 3 and did not get a drop
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    20 or so King of Spines BHEs, zero fangs. I love the whole hunt idea, but the rng is beyond unkind. I know the whole free to play business meta is intermittent reward, keep the rats pressing the bars etc. and I accept that the devs have kids to feed themselves... but this is really beyond the pale.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    this is why I opt out of things now.. the rng is just too frustrating to make me want to care.. no fangs for me ither.. and im around 20 or so KOS.. so whatever effing whatever..

Since they cant make content to make me care enough to run it, I just wont.

I will just go do the weeilies , open up the dd, run it a few dozen times, then ignore that as well.. then go back to farming my weeklies and etos.. as per usual, waiting for yet enother actual design that works instead of pure rng bull HAMSTER upon bull HAMSTER.

All they can do is give massive amounts of rng.. and nope.. i dont agree with any of the arguments anyone gives about it.. who cares what we get.. like really, does it matter.. just put a appropriate amount of times to do something.. then allow us to buy the junk.. I cant believe people actualy stay in any mmo, based on thier super great chance of 1-2% to get the stuff they want.. or if it is, its a super minority of people.. I dont even know how its supposed to make you spend a dime.. never has for me..
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    This is the same thing for me, in the past I dropped quite a lot of money into the game every month, because then you knew x amount of money equalled guarrenteed result y. Now there are no guarrentees, because x amount of money only equals a chance of result y.

The real end game right now seems simply to involve finding ways to become ridiculously rich to the point where you can brute force the rng. Or organizing people which, though more laudable, is not something I'm all that interested in doing in a game world, I do enough of that in real life lol.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Cross referencing confirmation from @asterdahl at another thread (https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/comment/12975551/#Comment_12975551) so before saying someone is lying check the facts and test it yourself too B)
    asterdahl said:

asterdahl said:

The silence on the DPS vs. Support classes issue is disconcerting
    This is something we've been investigating how to approach and I did not want to respond until I had a concrete answer. We are currently testing the following adjustment: all players who deal damage, regardless of the amount, will have a chance to receive a trophy when the monster is defeated. In cases where players are in a group, all players will receive a chance. (Whether you are in a group or not will make no difference, essentially, if it it dies and you hit it, you may see a trophy drop to the ground.)

For those who had been speculating about the drop chance of the Tyrannosaurus rex fang, it was and still is 100%; however, as others have pointed out, if you were engaged at the same time as other players, you may not have received credit. It's also the case that if you already had one in your inventory, you would not see one drop. Although similar to the heroic encounter credit issue, this is a slightly different issue. As Neverwinter does not have the concept of "claiming" an enemy, loot is determined by the most damage dealt (or, simply given to everyone) on a case by case basis, with "damage dealt" being the most common.

In summary, once this change is live, all players who contribute even a single point of damage to a Tyrannosaurus rex kill will receive a fang, regardless of whether they are in a party or not. For all other rare spawns, all players who contribute will receive a chance at earning a trophy. This chance has not been adjusted from the original value, so the overall number of trophies entering player possession will increase. No adjustments have been made to 1 star hunt marks and above.

This change needs some additional time in testing as we were already close to finalizing this week's build when these changes were made, so I apologize that it will not be going live sooner. This week's build will feature the increased chance of the Tyrannosaurus rex appearing as well as an adjustment to trophy items such that they will not drop from the heroic encounter or fishing if you already have one.

Finally, we have adjusted credit for the quest Merchant Prince's Bounty, on all rare monsters, such that if you contribute to the kill of a rare monster, you should always receive credit for "slaying a hunt mark." In addition, the text on this quest has been updated to clarify that both rare monsters and lured hunt marks will count for credit.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    My feeling is that all rates are too low at the moment:
    - number of rare monsters spawning
    - drop rate from rare monsters
    - drop rate from summoned monsters (did 8 1-star hunts solo and got only one 2-star ingredient, Clawgraze's saddle).

It simply takes too long to do anything. With better drop rates we could organize guild hunts but at the time being it doesn't make any sense.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    didnt even know you could get fangs from KOS, thought to had to be super lucky and find a T-Rex.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    grimah said:

didnt even know you could get fangs from KOS, thought to had to be super lucky and find a T-Rex.

To date, KOS is the only place I have got a T-Rex Fang to drop. Twice in total on different characters. But I think I have only fought one regular T-Rex, so not too much to go on :)

• hagbard#9047 hagbard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Is the tropy drop rate even worse after the last update? Can only find a tropy in one out of ten rare mobz ?
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Uff good i skipped this Mod... prob will buy better equipment once Mod 12.5 comes. wheter ill be Stronghold or New Mod... and prob will be buying a Mod Token to skip this one.... as well :D
    Its a shame to be honest ... this Hunting Mechanich would had been so awesome if properly implemented...a little more better drops would had made everyone happier...but RNG in this game is so Broken...
  • halofire#9678 halofire Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I know I may be out of place being on PS4 posting here, but at least now I know I'm not alone and that this was an issue. Was ready to give up on hunting rares, now I definitely won't spend nearly as much time in chult, at least until next maintenance.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Skipped hunting all together. Get last boon on Monday then focus on how to fix the mess of stats I will have once mod 12b drops.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    T-rex fangs were dropping for all of us that were involved from the drop of the mod on PS4 - until yesterday. When suddenly only one of us in a group were getting them. This happened AFTER the PS4 system update. From that point on we were not able to get the T-Rex fang across the board the way we had been before.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

ravenskya said:

T-rex fangs were dropping for all of us that were involved from the drop of the mod on PS4 - until yesterday. When suddenly only one of us in a group were getting them. This happened AFTER the PS4 system update. From that point on we were not able to get the T-Rex fang across the board the way we had been before.

That is a bug, you all have to leave party. Only one drops if you are in a party. :(
    Well that's disheartening... why they can't just make it simple to go around and play with your friends I'll never understand.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2017
    We're trying to track down reports of the T rex not giving fangs to every party member. I've been told we think the loot flags are set so that everyone nearby who contributed to the fight even a little bit will get credit.

I'd like to get some specific info from people about their experience with fangs dropping from T Rexes.
    What platform are you on?
    Approximately when did it happen? (exact minute would be super cool, but the day is good enough)
    Did you get a fang?
    Were you in a team?
    Were you the leader?
    What was the team loot mode and quality threshold set to?
    Did you already have a fang in your inventory or bank?

I'm particularly interested in cases where you DID NOT get a fang.

Thanks!
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    After the TRex 100% drop change patch, the next patch broke the TRex drop if you were in a party making it drop 1 TRex fang for the whole party.

Since then we have not been doing parties for TRex hunting, so I don't know if it already solved or not.

The bug did happen with the default party settings.

Anyway, most of the problem with hunting is not TRex fangs, but the low respawn rate of rare creatures and the low chance of rares dropping the lure.

From my point of view I would rather prefer more lures dropping and less salvageable equipment dropping. Mainly because when I'm hunting I'm not looking for AD but for cool equipment I can use with my main character or the alters.
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    miasmat said:

We're trying to track down reports of the T rex not giving fangs to every party member. I've been told we think the loot flags are set so that everyone nearby who contributed to the fight even a little bit will get credit.

I'd like to get some specific info from people about their experience with fangs dropping from T Rexes.
    Approximately when did it happen? (exact minute would be super cool, but the day is good enough)
    Did you get a fang?
    Were you in a team?
    Were you the leader?

Thanks!

I had few situations where I didn't get a hit on T-Rex but fang was laying there but when I picked it up other party member said it disappeared for him even though they saw it on the ground.

Another situation I was in party and got a hit on T-Rex, saw fang on the ground but I didn't picked it up immediately because of writing on chat, group disbanded and fang disappeared.

Is it possible that if in party of e.g. 4 people 1 person don't get a hit T-Rex will drop only 3 fangs and each of those 4 will see it and be able to pick up one so that would leave 1 person with nothing?

Mostly playing with Need/Greed loot mode and blue quality.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    miasmat said:

Did you get a fang?
    Were you in a team?
    Were you the leader?

Thanks!

PC people - Every time I am in a party and we kill a trex, only 1 fang drops. We all see it on the ground, whoever picks it up first gets it, whilst for the rest it disappears from the ground. I cant tell you times because it happens all the time since the "fix" to make more fangs drop.

The only way I've found to avoid this is to de-party before we engage the Rex. If we are all seperate, then we all get fangs dropping.

Doesn't matter who is the Party lead, and I believe all of us have it set to need or greed (epic). No one has a fang already (if we do, we DONT see the fang on the ground, the rest of the party does and the first to pick it up gets it).
  • aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    What I've noticed on PC is that the whole party get a fang each only if the loot mode is set to Round Robin. If its Need or Greed its only 1 fang between everyone. I'd also note that I've never had a fang drop from KoS.
  • blindfury11blindfury11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    I usually run with a group of 4 other players. From time to time, the T-rex will only drop 1 fang. I haven't noticed a pattern yet. Whether we have Need or Greed, Round robin. Blue or Purple for rolls etc. We will go from one T-Rex to the next where one will drop a fang for all of us, and the next will only drop 1 (Everyone can see it but only one of us can get it) and the next T-rex will drop a fang for all of us again. With no change to loot mode and everyone in the party damaging the T-Rex.
    miasmat said:

Did you get a fang?
    Were you in a team?
    Were you the leader?

Thanks!

Saturday in the afternoon (EST)
    PS4
    No fang on one of the 3 T-rex we killed
    In a team with 2 others
    I was not the leader
    Loot was set to "Need Greed - Blue"
    No fang in inventory - since we were immediately mailing them to a specific character who was making lures.

One time only one of us got a fang - the other two times two of us got a fang but not the third. Later when a 4th joined us we were still getting 2 fangs randomly distributed among the group.

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I've done this partied on PC and with the loot set to FFA, I haven't noticed any issues. No doubting anyone else of course, just giving my input.

Ours WAS working fine until the Tuesday reset last week. That was the first time we started having issues on PS4 where not everyone got a fang

• randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    My experience with not getting fangs:
    Happened to me 2-3 times over the last week (I did about 25 TRex kills total). Time was around 1:00AM - 2:00AM PST.
    I *think* I was in a party with default settings (someone invited others to his instance for trex).
    I did not have fangs in the inventory or bank.
    In one case I've noticed the fang dropped but by the time I came to pick it up (took me a few seconds) it disappeared as if someone else looted it.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    I am always in a group with 1 other person and when we fight T. rex just us 2 sometimes no fang drops for either of us. Sometimes only 1 drops. If we fight with random players sometimes no fang drops for either of us. Sometimes only 1 fang drops. Almost always zero drops.

Also, can other players NOT in group pick up loot dropped from lured enemies? I was fighting the giant crab with a group member and they picked up an epic armor item from the loot. I placed the same lure after and was expecting the same armor drop but all I got was a blue ring and a rank 5 (or 6) enchantment. The difference was a random player ran up and started fighting our hunt the second time and afterwards it appeared he was looking for loot drops and then ran off quick. It's possible I had bad rng but this was the first lured enemy I did not get any armor piece from.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.