test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vendor Sliders?

frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
Why this discrepancy?

Please make sliders universal to all purchases... I don't think it'd hurt in anyway.

FrozenFire

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    At least all purchase of items that can stack.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    I know, this was so annoying... I had a lot of P. Wards and 10 Silver Ticket enchants to buy and found it crazy that the 5 Silver Ticket enchants had sliders but none of the other items did... why?
    @samaka#2511
  • jsmith#3214 jsmith Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I believe this is in another post.. What about ID all button I hate having to ID every single item I want to sell..
    As I said above this has been mentioned in another post but Happy Hunting!!
  • antechei#9127 antechei Member Posts: 10 Arc User

This is a problem. Many people have started calling the temp merchants like the goldsmith and tannary that you can buy crafting mats from carpal tunnel merchants due to the tousands of clicks needed to purchase a week or two worth of mats. If these merchants had sliders this would not be a problem

Came here specifically to ask about this... trying to buy Jewelcrafting mats for all my toons and after a couple of minutes my hand is dead. Either needs a slider, the option to buy in bulk (same as when exchanging seals, different options for buying 1/10/100/1000 GM worth)... or better yet, both.
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User

I know, this was so annoying... I had a lot of P. Wards and 10 Silver Ticket enchants to buy and found it crazy that the 5 Silver Ticket enchants had sliders but none of the other items did... why?

For me it was more annoying, when I found out, that the unbound wards from the ticket shop did not stack with my other unbound wards.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    As someone who also finds the lack of slider annoying, the request to update vendors that should have that ability is high on my list as well.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Allow me to add another idiosyncrasy. The slider for buying rank 5 enchants from the Adventurer Seal vendor goes way past the 1200 seals we allowed to accumulate. It is minor but odd.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Allow me to add another idiosyncrasy. The slider for buying rank 5 enchants from the Adventurer Seal vendor goes way past the 1200 seals we allowed to accumulate. It is minor but odd.

I think they have a couple of slider values, like you can buy up to 20 or up to 100 of a thing, and most older stores have it set to how many of an item you're assumed to likely want to buy, rather than being based on how much of a currency you might be holding. For example, skill kits and healing potions, the max is set to 20. The seal vendor probably uses a 100-cap slider even though you can't have that many seals.

IMO, the less the game assumes about how much of an item I want to work with at a time, the better. I'd be happy with sliders up to 100 on all stackable items. More would make it harder to guess where your actual desired quantity falls. But this still saves many, many clicks when buying in bulk.

For selling relics, I wish the trader would default to how many I have, and I could nudge it down a little if I don't want to sell all of them. I believe fish sort of work like this already (even though the fish vendors are weird), so I don't really see a problem with it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

As someone who also finds the lack of slider annoying, the request to update vendors that should have that ability is high on my list as well.

Thank you, I have been beefing up my DC and hope he can heal my wrist. ;)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    I wish I could do the clapping hands emoji on this forums, assume that there is one between each word in the next sentence I write.

Please put sliders on the MW temp structures for the basic resources.