test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

water wand dosn't work

ragamokragamok Member Posts: 6 Arc User
I was told that a water wand would guarantee water motes at any Drowned Shore HE. So I bought a couple at the Tarmalune Bar store. There were 4 charges. the first charge worked well. The next 3 charges never yielded any motes at all. I engaged in at least 20 HE without getting a single mote. I really feel like I got ripped off and cheated as those bars took a good while to procure. I still have the other wand but am afraid to use it. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Comments

• meraks#0999 meraks Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I believe that the wands only give 100% motes at the largest HE in the zone, and that it just increases the chance at the others...
    XBOX GT @ Merak Starborne
    Fyre, Eyce & Wynd
    Ladies of Neverwinter
    I stopped believing this morning; Journey is going to be PISSED.
  • papagargamel#0758 papagargamel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I got the wand when I was working on getting the drowned set, before it was craftable. I am fairly sure, it was awhile ago, that every smaller HE dropped a mote. If I recall correctly, I had to equip the wand on the D-pad but the timer display did not work properly so I had to keep checking the status bar to see how much time I had left. When using the wand I made sure to keep away from the big HE (crab) so I could get as many motes as possible before it ran out (I think I could do around 20 before it expired), this also included switching instances if none of the smaller HE's were available at the instance I was in. Sorry, I don't know why you would not be getting any motes to drop.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    20 HE's in

I believe that the wands only give 100% motes at the largest HE in the zone, and that it just increases the chance at the others...

The large HE's are 100% without the wand.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I farmed water/drowned weapons on 4 characters, the wands are supposed to work 100% on all of the small HE's. The last time I used one was about 2 months ago on my latest character and I had no problems.

As for suggestions, all I can offer is to make sure you're using it correctly - the water seed (that you got from the druid) needs to be in one of your bags, not your bank or wherever - and you should inspect it as it will tell you how many motes it has collected.

Then equip the wand to your belt and activate it, you'll then have an icon on your 'power bar' under your character name and show you how many minutes you have left on it.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • dunde#8873 dunde Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    > @papagargamel#0758 said:
    > I got the wand when I was working on getting the drowned set, before it was craftable. I am fairly sure, it was awhile ago, that every smaller HE dropped a mote. If I recall correctly, I had to equip the wand on the D-pad but the timer display did not work properly so I had to keep checking the status bar to see how much time I had left. When using the wand I made sure to keep away from the big HE (crab) so I could get as many motes as possible before it ran out (I think I could do around 20 before it expired), this also included switching instances if none of the smaller HE's were available at the instance I was in. Sorry, I don't know why you would not be getting any motes to drop.

Which one, The wand or the drowned which is craftable, and how?
    zephyriah said:

20 HE's in

The large HE's are 100% without the wand.
    Thank you for the correction... I hate when memory does not serve correctly.
    Fyre, Eyce & Wynd
    Ladies of Neverwinter
    edited July 2017

Which one, The wand or the drowned which is craftable, and how?

The drowned set (so is burning, etc.) is craftable. Whict profession is determined by what class you need it for. (Cleric and Scourge are artificing)
    Fyre, Eyce & Wynd
    Ladies of Neverwinter