test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Clarification on Chill stacks, Freezing And Chilling Presence.

mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
I'm currently fine tuning my CW, and trying to see past the "you must do this and this..." of received wisdom.
On certain blogs and guides Chill is explained that you need six stacks THEN a seventh from either Icy Terrain or Ray of Frost to cause Freeze. But both those powers' descriptions say AT six stacks Freeze occurs.
Which is accurate?

The reason I ask is that Chilling Presence doubles it's bonus on Frozen victims, and what I'm trying to figure out is if that double bonus affects either... the first five stacks, or the sixth as described in the IT RoF descriptions. Or whether it is seven stacks and the bonus applies to the first six, or all seven.

The difference is the bonus being from 80% at five stacks, through to 112% at seven. Either way is fine, as it's a hell of a bonus when Eye of The Storm kicks in alongside a decent Dread Enchantment.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

And while I'm sure there are many things "wrong" with this approach, and folk ready to tell me what I should be doing instead, can I preempt that by saying that I'm really happy with the build, and just trying to finesse the details.
Post edited by mordekai#1901 on

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    You're probably better off asking in the CW class section, but @thefabricant would be the man who knows.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    The maximum bonus for CP is 48% (for 6 stacks of chill) and 96% for the frozen status effect.