test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

+5 rings

altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
So many players talked about this alredy. Posting this feels silly but what do you do when nothing is happening?
Come on devs, I now you dont want it to be easy to get these rings but this is ridiculus.
I have heard and now red about players done n-demo/e-demo 1000 times and still dont have the ring that they want.
I am not saying that these people lie but not counting I am sure I have at least played demos 600 times by now and all I got so far is 2+5 ambush rings.
Litterely I soon start to puke while waiting for another player to push esc to end the cut sceen movie and the 2-3 min waiting every time in first encounter though you alredy earned gold...seems little bit HAMSTER by now.
I am soon puking behind the computer and when I reed about players playing this twise as much seems totally unreal to me.
I am not saying they lie but it feels almost impossible to me.
I am not saying just give away the +5 rings I am just saying make it possible to get the one that you need.
When the feeling/this chest might have something good inside does no longer exist while opening the chest is reached...then something is very wrong.
Right now I see 1+5 ring drop once every 8 demos for 10 players, for 10 players!!
This means you have 1/80 chance to get +5 ring.
I must be very unlucky then only 2 drops in at least 600 times and both 2 +5 ambush!!
Devs!! You got demo fangs, abyssal residuum, +4 rings, twisted ichor.
You have so many things from Maze engine compagin that you could use in black ice proffession.
Why not make it possible to make +5 ring from that proffession?
Make it hard with lots of ingridients and lots of black ice /astral diamonds, lots of +4 brutality rings to make the +5 ring of brutality ring that you want!!

Comments

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    In my lifetime, I have 2x Deflect, 1x Defense, 1x Impenetrability.

I main a DC. *sigh*
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    These +5 rings are meant to be a carrot for people to run content in perpetuity. Don't do them if you don't want to be a slave to it.

I never ran anything intentionally for these rings. The three I got were after the key change, doing my usual CN runs. That first week or two, the ring drops were pretty frequent. There was a +5 ring in like half the runs. I even saw two people get +5 rings in the same CN run, a few times. Sadly, drop rate was scaled back. I didn't get anything in the weeks before the orcus nerf. I haven't done CN since.
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    Wow, I knew they were rare... I didn't know they were potentially this rare.

I guess I hit the jackpot a couple days ago when I got two +5's to drop from PoM in a row. +5 Rising Focus (for my OP) and +5 Rising Precision (for my GWF). Looks like I hit the ring lottery! :)
    @samaka#2511
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited July 2017

This means you have 1/80 chance to get +5 ring.

Drop rate is actually quite less than that. :(

I have done more demo than I can count.

My +5s as a PVE Warlock, GF, and DC are:
    Ring of Impenetrability +5
    Ring of Vision +5
    Ring of Vanishing Presence +5
    Ring of Brutality +5 - Yes I actually got one!

From CN I got
    Ring of Sudden Deflect +5
    Ring of Rising Lifesteal +5
    Ring of Rising Lifesteal +5 again

I have +4s of every flavor in the bank and on alts for miles.... I'm salvaging them now as they drop.

I stopped opening the chest in demo a long time ago! If I happen to have a key, sure, but I don't grind for it. My best drops so far have been from completing the raid. That's how I got my Brutality! We'd get a good grp and hammer it 10-15 times in a row some weekends.

I still cross my fingers for an exchange of some sort! 5 to 1 even lol
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    5 to 1, 10 to 1, don't care, I have soooooo many useless orange rings.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • nachodx22nachodx22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    We need a +5 trade in system, Trade 2 for a BTA Choice pack or something...
    -Nacho Skymont
    Quixaltic Guild Leader
    GH20, pm for inv
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    Or an upgrade system of some kind thru professions.

Rising Precision for example: 10 +4's, 20 Rubellite, 20 Sphene and 5 Artisan's Putty and you can craft a +5 Rising Precision. Rising Power would need 10 +4 Rising Power, etc. Makes the content worth playing again. Could also make crafted +5's tradeable, but not sellable. Could also have the same set-up for upgrading new Chult rings.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    The devs indicated a willingness to implement some sort of ring exchange mechanism in one of the dev livestreams. No idea if it's in the current development plan, but it would be a cool step. Probably not a 1:1 exchange, but perhaps some sort of vendor that charges a fee to transmute a +n Ring of CantUseIt to a +n RingYouWant.

I only have one +5 ring across my 4 active toons. It's Lifesteal, so meh. I still do just fine in all the content. I understand the drive to be BIS, but BIS-ish is good enough for everything PVE. I don't PVP much anymore, but I would be surprised if +5 vs. +4 made a real difference in PVP, given all the many other sources of power.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

The devs indicated a willingness to implement some sort of ring exchange mechanism in one of the dev livestreams. No idea if it's in the current development plan, but it would be a cool step. Probably not a 1:1 exchange, but perhaps some sort of vendor that charges a fee to transmute a +n Ring of CantUseIt to a +n RingYouWant.

I only have one +5 ring across my 4 active toons. It's Lifesteal, so meh. I still do just fine in all the content. I understand the drive to be BIS, but BIS-ish is good enough for everything PVE. I don't PVP much anymore, but I would be surprised if +5 vs. +4 made a real difference in PVP, given all the many other sources of power.

Link/quote that implies this?

Because this sounds way too good to be true.

Next thing you'll tell me is that they'll fix the SW class and rewrite all the poorly worded tooltips.

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I think by the time a trade-in is implemented, the ring will be somewhat obsolete. The +5 rings and the IG companion gear are the perfect carrot to get people to run stuff ad nauseam.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Sure, not exactly obscelete, but not the newest shiny. Trouble is, living in hope, people keep all these damn rings clogging up their banks and inventories. If there was a definite "yes we will have an exchange" it would be good to know. If there was a definite "no we will never have an exchange" it would also be good to know because then I could find an alliance guild which needs surplus, and make them very happy.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    1 defense 2 deflect. 1-1 Hellig to my DC and OP.
    This is good but NONE offensive type rings to my main dps character.
    1 hellig to my CW which I use as "poor mans Dod".

Various unusable lifesteal, ambush etc.

stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    I've gotten a +5 ring for each alt, and salvaged plenty on my main because it's still not the one I am looking for.

Maybe a trader merchant NPC for only +5 rings located only in say.... Port Nyanzaru? You'd still have make the effort and have the luck to get a +5 ring in the first place if the NPC existed.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    I farmed twisted weapons on 7 characters. Not sure how many runs that is but a lot to get the twisted ichor and then the demonic ichor to puchase the weapons. In any case, never got a single +5 in game. Don't bother farming for it, its a waste of time
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    140 (all gold runs) to 280 (all silver) That i itself is impressive but the time farming and crafting that many keys...!
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother