test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary Companions - Trapper

oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
With Mod12, Legendary companions will give a stat bonus. For trapper, I'm currently using Sellsword, Earth/Fire/Air Archons and a Siege Master (basically going for consistency with damage). My hunter is very near BIS, crit heavy with trans dread, loyal gear with R12 bondings.

Just curious as to what companions you guys would think are worth bringing to legendary that are the least likely to be outdated? Secondly, assuming limited resources, how many companions from Epic to Legendary do you think is worth the AD? Personally I'm thinking 3 total Legendaries, and then leave the rest at epic.

Thoughts appreciated :)

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Exactly the same pets here too. I've got my sellsword, fire and another archon at Orange, the other two at purple. If the sellsword gets nerfed either directly or indirectly, I'll probably swap her out for my old orange shadow demon, unless some new pet turns up. Kinda hoping they do, I miss my shadow demon lol. Or Xuna, I know, bizzare choice, but I have double offence slot gear that fits her, and she's also insane.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Shadow Demon instead of the Sellsword, all the rest as Jonkoca
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    edited July 2017

Shadow Demon instead of the Sellsword, all the rest as Jonkoca

Ah the Shadow Demon is a proper beast. His only downfall is the Dragon Turtle in FBI as he will teleport to his death every single time.

But what a Companion, mine has 4.2k Power and 2.2k Crit, 1.2k Arm Pen and 1.6k Defence (with 700 Deflect + 350 Lifesteal). Anyhoo he will hit around 150k with his teleport attack unbuffed, with Longstrider and other buffs he will hit over 200k lol. Also the Mount Bonus of 20% extra damage actually is quite effective on him too. He has such good equip slots (if you get lucky with a +4 Sword Knot drop like me + CRIT & Arm Pen double slotted lol)

I have taken a screenshot of his stats which is on my xbox dvr page, I cannot post links from my xbox unfortunately. Anyhoo I am wdj40 and you can find my dvr page very easily. I also have a few recent clips with me and him in action.

I have 75 Companions and he is pretty much top of the list, his active acts like a free Soulforge every 30 seconds and also lasts a shot while through some DoT's.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    I mentioned this in an earlier thread - in General Discussions - but I'll recap for my Hunter brothers here.

For active and summoned, I'll still be using my Sellsword. Her debuff is nice, and she's melee, which helps in the Turtle fight and the knocky-offy boss in SP. Her debuff has already been kind of nerfed, considering all debuffs will now cap at 400%, but that's fine with me. Like I said, she's melee so she doesn't get despawned easily, and the debuff is still worthwhile in my opinion because I doubt my team will hit the cap before she has finished her third swing. For a brief couple of seconds, her debuff will be worthwhile.

Secondly, I'll be using Earth and Air Archon. Their buffs are just too good, and I'm almost always at full health, considering the enormous amount of Lifesteal we get from the Temple in the Stronghold. Also, I've heard they're fixing the Archon cummulative bonus next mod, so that's another 1% right there.

Thirdly, I'll be using the Siege Master. It's a flat damage boost that is just too good to pass on. One of the last companions I'd switch out.

Lastly, we have an open spot. Right now, I'm using a Fire Archon. I don't like the Fire Archon much, for a couple of reasons. First off, I believe he has an iffy relationship with Thorned Roots - which is less of a problem for our Combat and Archery brethren - and secondly because his description doesn't mention the increase for other Archons slotted. If someone has more info on that - specificly whether or not he will count towards the cummulative Archon bonus, please tell me. Lastly, I dislike him because of the rule of 'DoT damage gets calculated when applied'. This means any damage bonus he might provide gets lost if I apply Thorned Roots or Plant Growth right before the monster hits < 50%.

When it comes to that slot now occupied by the Fire Archon, we have a few options. CritSev pets (Magus, Eryines, Dancing Blade) and the new Dino pet. I'm not a fan of CritSev pets, as they provide less, in theory, than my Archons or flat damage increase pets do. What I'm really excited for is the new Dino pet.

New Dino pet provides 1% damage boost to the party, stacking up to 5% when every party member has one. I think we should collectively advertise this pet, so everyone has one, provided it works properly. Consider it a Stronghold Set light. If you're the only one with the SH set, you're helping everyone else, but they're just selfishly using their Relic set. That's bad. If everyone has one, in theory, it's twice as effective as a Fire Archon.

My only doubts about the Dino pet are that I doubt Cryptics ability to code it properly. If it works like advertised, hell yes, get it. However, it will require testing before we do. If the cummulative bonus is broken, like the Archon one was, I'll be a sad puppy.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    @jaegernl If I'm not mistaken, none of the archons increase the damage of roots.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    I believe you are correct.
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    So on that line...what pets do increase roots damage? Last I checked for trapper, the majority of damage comes from thorned roots.

I assume like Seige Master would, since it is a straight, unconditional increase?
  • tacobeast94tacobeast94 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Just started playing my HR again for the past few weeks after running the GF for a while. I know crit severity affects thorned roots, and I believe combat advantage bonus damage does as well (I wouldn't quote me though).
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Yeah, I am onboard with the CSev and CA pets. Have not tried the Siege Master.
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    @jaegernl I've just checked the Tamed Velociraptor, it shares the buff to party members only if they equip it aswell. Stacks are additive. It would be nice if it was shown on the buff bar btw...
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

@jaegernl I've just checked the Tamed Velociraptor, it shares the buff to party members only if they equip it aswell. Stacks are additive. It would be nice if it was shown on the buff bar btw...

So, nothing like the SH set?

:(

• jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User

Well, that's a bit disappointing. Do DC's even have room to slot it?
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Yeah, our companions aren't usually that good.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I'd hold off on this for the time being, it seems that when you add your extra legendary pets, it bugs out and you actually get reduced stats from your bonding pets. Go figure. With 3 orange pets I'm out about 10k pow and 5k crit compared with mod 11.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I forgot if you need to have the Dino summoned for the bonus to work. if you do, its worthless as its worse than an archon. if you just have to have it active, its still worth less than most archons or the siege master.

Seems like they need to double the bonus per pet, if not more.

I have 3 legendaries and the impact didn't seem huge. I'm not a stats junky, but I suspect this bonus isn't working right. The tooltip doesn't update, thats for sure.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    @jaegernl Your BIS pets are Rimefire Golem, Ice Sprite, Simril Helper (to keep your graphics card cool) and SH cleric for the lost time. ;)
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother