test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bronzewood Stacking: (Preview)

thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
The Bronzewood enchantment is not quite working the way you intend it to, at least, the party and personal debuffs are stacking in weird ways and sometimes the personal debuff is also helping allies. Thanks to @michela123 for prompting me to test this again. See here:

(Icy Terrain+Bronzewood checking debuff on pet)

(CoI->FtF->IT+Bronzewood checking debuff on pet)

(CoI->FtF->IT+Bronzewood checking debuff on pet, with mirage set)

(CoI->IT->FtF+Bronzewood checking debuff on pet, with mirage set)

(CoI->IT->FtF+Bronzewood checking debuff on pet, with mirage set)

The rotations listed were how I created the above listed scenarios, it seems that the amount of time between casts of each encounter influences the stacking somewhat, since only specific hits of each ability will stack either the 16% or 5% debuff for allies and the 16% debuff for allies is very brief and so to achieve peak effectiveness you need to time those specific hits to each other. What I found was the following though in general:
  • IT applies the 5% debuff to allies twice and the 16% to allies once, on some hits only.
  • CoI applies the 5% debuff to allies twice.
  • FtF applies the 5% debuff to allies twice.
  • Steal Time applies the 5% debuff to allies twice and the 16% debuff to allies once on some hits only.
  • Chill Strike applies the 5% debuff to allies once.
  • Entangling Force applies the 5% debuff to allies once.
  • Ray of Enfeeblement applies the 5% debuff to allies once.
  • Repel applies the 5% debuff to allies once.
  • Disintegrate applies the 5% debuff to allies once.
  • Shield pulse applies the 5% debuff to allies once.
  • Shard does not apply bronzewood at all.
  • Sudden Storm applies the 5% debuff to allies twice.
  • Icy Rays applies the 5% debuff to allies twice.
  • Imprisonment reduces your effectiveness to 0, have fun checking.
Casting successive abilities will continually increment the debuff, even though the icon is not stacking. The Mirage set messes with everything, they appear to only proc the 16% debuff for allies however they proc it inconsistently and it is a pain to test them.

Here is Repel+Chill Strike+Entangling Force:

As you can see, the 5% debuff stacked 3 times.

@rgutscheradev this is kind of major, especially considering the debuff rework and you should look into fixing it.
Post edited by thefabricant on

Comments

• auntjimimaauntjimima Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    so as it is right now, is it a viable option to fey? in what circumstances would it be a good choice?

EDIT: for pvp
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

so as it is right now, is it a viable option to fey? in what circumstances would it be a good choice?

Don't ask Sharp PvP questions.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Don't ask Sharp PvP questions.
    Pretty much this. I don't pvp and I can't give you a good answer.
  • auntjimimaauntjimima Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Alright, thanks anyways. I appreciate your work regardless.

Also, Becky thanks for informing me of such guidelines in such a polite way. You are the best moderator of all. <3

I guess this is what happens when you ask sharp about pvp questions, you get <font color="orange">HAMSTER on by his little HAMSTER.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Oh come on @auntjimima , I don't like to pull the "can't you take a joke?" card, but my intent wasn't anything close to how you're interpreting it. Sharp's always been adamant that he doesn't know PvP and can't speak to it with any authority. Asking him for PvP advice is doing a silly. It wasn't intended to be some kind of harsh criticism.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited July 2017

Alright, thanks anyways. I appreciate your work regardless.

Also, Becky thanks for informing me of such guidelines in such a polite way. You are the best moderator of all. <3

I guess this is what happens when you ask sharp about pvp questions, you get <font color="orange">HAMSTER on by his little HAMSTER.

Sorry, I really can't help you. To date I have only tested 1 thing in pvp and that was how control works and even then, I wouldn't consider myself nearly informed enough to give you a good answer. Me trying to give you advice in pvp would be really stupid since you probably know more about it than I do.
    This bug is still present as of mod 12.5 with the new higher tier of enchantment.

Here is an example of the 8% debuff stacking twice the with the 16% debuff applied once. @rgutscheradev it would be really nice if this was taken a look into with the raise to the tier of weapon enchantments.
    1 more minor update to this bug report. 2 screenshots from a log showing peak and average effectiveness over the coarse of a rotation using this enchantment+the mirage weapons. Just keep in mind though, there is some randomness to this peak effectiveness as it depends on when the different debuffs bug out and it isn't reliable, it can go much higher than this in some cases and also much lower, but I don't want to sit around wasting time trying to get a "mega peak" and so ill just post what I got for the sake of illustration:

^Average.

^Peak
    https://youtu.be/W6AKyg_T5mA

Video of rotation.

You can see my character does not have any debuffs aside from the bronzewood in this instance and yet my companion benefits from a debuff much higher than 5%.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    So, since no devs responded, it is assumed to be working as intended until we all own r13 right?

@nitocris83 @kreatyve @zebular @ambisinisterr

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

So, since no devs responded, it is assumed to be working as intended until we all own r13 right?

Just because they don't respond doesn't mean they don't see.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

As @kreatyve said, not response doesn't mean not seen/feedback not received, it's typically we don't have an update. I'll do a check to see if there's any information available.
    edited September 2017
    kreatyve said:

I am well aware. I was poking fun, since I know several people are waiting, with trigger fingers ready, for it to be labeled working as intended. Which is similar to the mirage weapon set that was announced as working as intended, regardless of how much that confused the community.

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited September 2017

kreatyve said:

I am well aware. I was poking fun, since I know several people are waiting, with trigger fingers ready, for it to be labeled working as intended. Which is similar to the mirage weapon set that was announced as working as intended, regardless of how much that confused the community.
    Does mirage weapon was announced working as intended? Where?
    Post edited by jazzfong on
    edited September 2017
    jazzfong said:

kreatyve said:

Does mirage weapon was announced working as intended? Where?
    In the linked thread stated by @nitocris83 although it was unclear now which part of that comment came first, but no action has been taken to fix the Mirage set, so

This is by design but I have relayed your feedback to the systems team and they'll look into it to see if any changes are necessary (such as an internal cooldown or anything like that).

sounds like they said WAI to me

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1232717/mirage-weapons-huge-bug/p1

• kleineryoda#3363 kleineryoda Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Awesome, Bronzewood is becoming OP! :D

Will the lower rank enchantments deal arcane damage as well or do I have to get mine to rank 13 first? :o I'd prefer all weapon enchantments would be brought to a comparable level first, before releasing new ranks for them :/
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    @darthtzarr I actually think Nitocris stated that Mirage are not WAI, since she always puts the latest update on the top of the page, as you can see in these threads:
    https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1226509/starlight-parcel-items
    https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1229663/update-preview-crashing-issues
    https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1229281/update-2-scheduled-maintenance-3-16

It's true that no action has been taken to fix it, but you know... also Bronzewood multistacking has been reported at least since 2016.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    No, it is not working as intended as there should never be multiple stacks applied. It is unlikely this will be fixed for the Swords of Chult module, but it may be for the module after.