test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lights not showing up on terrian - normal or not?

simplyshawnsimplyshawn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
It doesn't matter if they're static or dynamic, lights I add to maps simply do not show up on the "default terrain."

Is this something that changes once I publish the quest, or is this some kind of graphics bug on my end?

For example, notice how the red light around Verdant Tree near the bottom right hits the stepping stones, the branches, as well as the house and it's foundation? So why is the grass/terrain/prefab map totally dark?

The only light that hits terrain/prefab map at all for me is sunlight from the backdrop. Otherwise, the geometry from the pre-started maps never responds to any light sources, again - dynamic or static, that I place in the level.

Why? Is this what happens for everyone? Or am I having a graphical glitch?
"Just my thoughts I suppose."

[Work in Progress]
"The Legacy of Shaylia,"
NW-DITFP6QSI

Comments

• valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Are you using "Fog - High Black Heavy" ? or "Fog - High Blue Heavy"? in your Backdrop/Sky Override configuration? if so, try to use "light" or "none" versions: "Fog - High Blue/Black"

Amazing scenario btw.

NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • simplyshawnsimplyshawn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Hey! Thank you so much for the reply.

I hadn't tried messing with the fog, but I did just now, and sadly it's the same result.

This is the same area with "Master Exterior" as the backdrop. The light on the left is dynamic, the light on the right is static, but neither of them light the grass.

Just to further illustrate, I added a rug above this dog. His body is in shadow from it, but the ground beneath him isn't... because the light just simply isn't casting on the ground.

It really isn't all that noticeable in this village zone, but in my forest zone it's very noticeable:

I thought maybe it was the Canyon Prefab I used for the village, but, the forest is built on a flat grass plane.

It by no means ruins the quest, but I'm almost done with it and if I can fix this before I publish it then I'd like to... The lack of map transitions actually does ruin the quest though, so I guess I have time until that's fixed :tongue:

"Just my thoughts I suppose."

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• can i ask a question?? this never winter in pc can connect in ps4??
  • my point is if my friend playing never winter in ps4 can we party?? coz im playing this game in pc