test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm trying to get a feel for the "value" of Guild Marks

pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
I have a question that might seem obvious to many of you, but how difficult/painful is it to grind for large amounts of Guild Marks? I don't mean just donating a bunch of stuff you already have in your inventory or can buy, but grinding out vouchers, influence, shards, campaigns, valuables, etc.

I'll use a 10-scale where:
1 would be doing a daily activity for some week-long event
10 would be starting SKT from scratch, grinding up through SOMI to 100% completion/Boons, and getting a full Vivified armor set and orange Relic Weapons.

So on that 10-scale, how would you rate the process of acquiring Guild Marks:
30k?
100K?
500k?
1M?

If need be, you can go above 10. :blush:

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    I am not sure what you consider to be large amounts. But, it would be interesting to know how many guild marks people would be willing to farm rather then doing a full skt completion with gear and all.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    I was asking for ratings for 30,000 GMs, 100,000, 500,000, and/or 1,000,000. Reversing the question like you're saying would be valuable too, and simpler to answer. So an alternate question could be:

"How many Guild Marks do you think you'd have to farm to equal the full grind of Mod 10/10.5 (SKT/SOMI 100%, Vivified gear, and legendary Relic weapons)?"
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    How difficult it is to grind out guild marks depends on several variables, one being does your guild coffer (or another in your alliance) have space for the easiest and cheapest sources of them.

I spent 200K+ GMs in 4 days recently (I have 15 chars, we got the gladiator's feted greaves, followed by executioners black attire and guise of the wolf clan in consecutive weeks in our MM after many weeks of rubbish).

What I do to generate them is to run with one quartermasters enchant on each character of high enough rank to get mainly the higher tier purple bags which are 350 surplus, 70 GMs if donated unopened, then donate 200 of them on each of several characters during double GMs along with running influence regularly.

It's not particularly difficult to accumulate large numbers if you go out to do so. Equally if your guild can take labour, purple crafters give silly numbers, so you can farm inf, spend it on purple crafters and donate them (IIRC they're 12500 labour, 2500 GMs).
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    My GM farming includes:

1 rank 12 Quartermaster enchant
    Doing 2 HEs for influence, all ToD / WoD and DR dailies and weeklies

Equipment, influence and ToD campaign currency usually are easy to donate and also easy to aquire in this way. Also, the GM Ratio is quite good.

This way I would see the aquisition of 30k GM as somewhere around 0.5 - 1. If I want to do only 2-3 fast dailies a day, it takes me around 1.5 - 2 weeks, but I also have the possibility, to farm more in a very short time, so I can make use of Long periods of free time on weekends.

For higher amounts of GM just take the effort for 30k and increase it accordingly.

I would say, for me it's:

100k = 1,5-2
    500k = 3-4
    1kk = 6-7

10 would be a very very high commitment, because the legendary relic weapons require a group effort and Timing restrictions. Being able, to do all the GM farming alone and whenever you want is an unbelievably relief.
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    It is very easy.Buy cheaper master profession workers(Purple/blue) and donate them in 2xGM event.It takes like 5 mins.Farming required AD to buy those workers should be faster than actually run around and farm donation items
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I run influence on a few characters, I make gem boxes in professions, and I make sure to pickup any SH quests I can because they are all GMs upon completion!!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    The cap of GM storage is 30K. I play 5 toons. All of them except one are max'ed out. I have to keep buying food and resources so that I can put stuff into the coffer. For me, it is not hard because I always close to the cap. One did not max out because she has just bought a 30K armour.

I can't comment about above 30K because I can't store it and I can't do it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    dsn1118 said:

It is very easy.Buy cheaper master profession workers(Purple/blue) and donate them in 2xGM event.It takes like 5 mins.Farming required AD to buy those workers should be faster than actually run around and farm donation items

Except for the alliance that has labour all filled up 99% of time.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

The cap of GM storage is 30K. I play 5 toons. All of them except one are max'ed out. I have to keep buying food and resources so that I can put stuff into the coffer. For me, it is not hard because I always close to the cap. The one that did not max out because she has just bought a 30K armour.

I'm accepting red rouge donations, and all the rest of the 2k MW stuff. (And more seriously, you can sell those)
    edited July 2017
    micky1p00 said:

The cap of GM storage is 30K. I play 5 toons. All of them except one are max'ed out. I have to keep buying food and resources so that I can put stuff into the coffer. For me, it is not hard because I always close to the cap. The one that did not max out because she has just bought a 30K armour.

I'm accepting red rouge donations, and all the rest of the 2k MW stuff. (And more seriously, you can sell those)
    Yes, I could but I want to be in the striking range of 30K when the Mysterious merchant is fixed and has something I like.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I just read your post again. Your looking for value in GMs?

1. Profession resources can be flipped from GMs to AD at a decent value. Please do adament leather strips and lower the price on the AH for me :) 40k a stack is pricey and costs 1,000 guild marks. Yes that's right 40,000 ad for 1000 GMs

2. Mystery Merchant gear once fixed CAN be valuable to your account.

3. SH PvP gear to get you started can be purchased with GMs ( I got some last night and love it! Can't wait to upgrade :) )

4. MAPS MAPS MAPS!! All the maps for Master Work I & II allow you to farm profession items for resale or crafting.

5. SH Food = Buffs for you LOVE IT

6. Overload slot wards!!! 10% damage against Orc and Giants for FBI awwwwww YEAH :)

IMO there are a lot of items of value for GMs but each will have their own opinions!

edited July 2017
    reg1981 said:

1. Profession resources can be flipped from GMs to AD at a decent value. Please do adament leather strips and lower the price on the AH for me :) 40k a stack is pricey and costs 1,000 guild marks. Yes that's right 40,000 ad for 1000 GMs

Yes and the flicking clicking is killing me. I was even tempted to pay 40K to buy adament leather strips from AH to save my mouse. No, I am too cheap for that. :)
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Thanks for the replies! Neirgara and Joe really hit the kind of info I was looking for. Tips on acquiring them is nice in general, and may be useful in the future, but for now I am just trying to get a feel for how much work goes into getting certain quantities of GMs. I can see how the 30k cap could make imagining 6 and 7 digit amounts difficult. I'm working on an idea that could use this info, and this can give me a bit better perspective to work from, thanks.
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    It certainly has gotten easier that's for sure,, with the addition of champaign craftable vouchers, proffesions crafted crates, lower total requirements, events that drop vouchers, alliance discounts, and now the new merchants to add to that list have made it considerably easier than what it was.
    My only wishes would be for a few tweaks,,
    1) A craftable voucher for the dragon champaign like the ones for IWD, Shar, and DR
    2) Additional sources and modification of sources Dungeoneers Shards like adding dungeons/skirmishes to the Cleric's list like Shores of Tuern and Kessels. Maybe make them worth only 5 shards instead of 10 since they are slightly easier. Change the amount from 2 to 10 for completing the repeatable task in the EE campaign.. completing the 12 heroic encounters for that takes more time than does the Epic dungeons that reward 10