test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mysterious Merchant Clarification

124»

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Lol, I'm not sure about a leading "the" being the marker, but I was also wondering if the game is parsing the two guilds as being one and the same because their names are so similar. The only difference is one has an Un-.

Lots of guild names start with "the". I'd expect more complaints about samey-same gear if that were a factor.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited August 2017

Lol, I'm not sure about a leading "the" being the marker, but I was also wondering if the game is parsing the two guilds as being one and the same because their names are so similar. The only difference is one has an Un-.

Lots of guild names start with "the". I'd expect more complaints about samey-same gear if that were a factor.

Tinfoil hat rebuttal:

Many guilds stylize their guild names with special characters that would modify "The". So this problem would only come to light if you had 2 un-stylized "The" guilds in the alliance same alliance, and both build MM repeatedly.

Is there anyone else out there in a "The" guild that could confirm their MM inventory for any period of time in the past few weeks (since I would wager @confusedpoof has kept records hah)

Tinfoil hat off:

Yeah I know it's a bonkers unlikely suggestion. Would be curious how they seed the RNG for the inventory. At least by asking this specific question maybe we can get the devs to look under the hood and possibly drop a hint about that...
    Post edited by dupeks on
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Week 7 - Still no success. The wizard looks up from his notes and ponders for a moment. Will continue to verify with staff each week to see if they can look into it. With a sigh he puts down the heavy tome which he keeps his notes and pours himself an ale.

I'm wary of changing the guild name, even in controlled environments as we've had past issues before (needless to say the last thing any Guild Leader wants is their Guild name taken).

@kreatyve or @zebular - Can someone please reflag this thread with Julia when she is collating feedback for the devs. I know this issue has been "fixed" for the masses, but to have identical Merchant stores all 7 weeks since the fix went onto the PC server has me thinking there is still a bug somewhere.

I'm happy to work with devs to test and follow set steps to help figure out why I can't get different stores between our two guilds.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

Week 7 - Still no success. The wizard looks up from his notes and ponders for a moment.

Is it possible that someone in the guild is so anxious to see if things change that they run into this known issue?

There is a known issue in which, if a player has the construction window up at the time that the Mysterious Merchant leaves, and re-summons the Mysterious Merchant, the merchant's stock will not properly cycle.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/10575424-patch-notes:-version:-nw.80.20170515e.17

It's very likely that the code uses some sort of internal ID for the guild rather than doing anything with the name.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min

Week 7 - Still no success. The wizard looks up from his notes and ponders for a moment.

Is it possible that someone in the guild is so anxious to see if things change that they run into this known issue?

There is a known issue in which, if a player has the construction window up at the time that the Mysterious Merchant leaves, and re-summons the Mysterious Merchant, the merchant's stock will not properly cycle.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/10575424-patch-notes:-version:-nw.80.20170515e.17

It's very likely that the code uses some sort of internal ID for the guild rather than doing anything with the name.

As I've said previously, we've had weeks were we've waited over 24 hours to build the second store - that issue is to do with getting the same store as the previous week (which we aren't getting - we get a new one). My problem is that the two guilds get the same identical store each week, which is pointless as they are in the same alliance. We shouldn't have had seven weeks of identical stores since the fix went in.

Trips - if you are able to ask for it to be added to a list to request it be looked at (when the devs get a chance), it would be appreciated.
    With all the threads about Bonding and Refinement and Queues (OH MY!), I forgot to check until last night. But Another week, another 2 identical stores between the two guilds.

At this point I think we should all start betting on how many weeks it will be before the stores are different? A GMoP entry, winner(s) take all? :tongue:
    If you had bets on being fixed for week 9, then you'd be mistaken.

@nitocris83 - can this please be fed back to the team that I have 2 guilds with identical stores EVERY week. ( weeks now of testing (with changing how we set them up) and I cannot get the two guilds to have different Merchant stores.
  • usernamefatigueusernamefatigue Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    @nitocris83 ^ we've done different times, different days, different summoners. It's disheartening and demotivating at this point, never mind the whole people actually wanting things out of this merchant thing. Dupe items every week doesn't help.