Comments

• sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

Yesterday our guild built MM (on PC), and we got:
    Duelist Riposte Cap
    Happy's Walking boots
    Royal lion Swallowtail
    Scenes of sword coast
    Portrait of a Necromancer

Small tidbit of information is, this may be a coincidence, but it's the exact same selection (at least for gear) we had when we built it for the very 1st time weeks ago.

PS: some more info: no guild in the alliance had a MM summoned

Rebuilt our MM in TUC (and left them unbuilt for over 12 hours... Mainly because I forgot...) and low and behold, what do I have?

Duelist Riposte Cap
    Happy's Walking boots
    Royal lion Swallowtail
    Scenes of sword coast
    Portrait of a Necromancer

15 mins later I rebuild the Merchant in THC and... Identical stock to TUC.

So... something is still not working. It seems to be locking the inventory for EVERY guild to same selection each week.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    On consoles we'd at least like to get that far...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    @nitocris83 Is there an ETA for the fix on consoles?
    Post edited by ravenskya on
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    i suggest that each item have a count down timer. say 2 or 3 weeks. When the SH gets the MM the items that are brought reset their counters. If the SH gets a MM right after it won't get the same ones because they are in a count down status. ( Just like the builder missions, can't do the same ones over and over again in the same day. ) But if the MM isn't summoned for awhile, then it can be possible to get the same items from the MM. This shouldn't be hard to program and implement and should alleviate the problem.
  • obliquity811obliquity811 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    @nitocris83

Hi there,
    Has this issue on console been addressed yet?

Thank You
    The patchnotes for today's maintenance include the MM fix ;)

One of our guilds built the MM after the update and we got different gear - thanks for the fix guys :smiley:

Reset day for the two Crusaders' Guilds. Guess what - Both are identical stores. Again.

Yes we have a difference from last week, but both the stores are identical. This is getting ridiculous.

I should expect (even with the limited items available) that the stores are different, even for 1 item, between the two each week.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Seems to be fixed on Xbox at least, we have different inventories within the Alliance, so I guess that's it for now :)
    Okay the Crusader guilds once again have received identical stores. Third week in a row since the fix.

@nitocris83 - Julia, are you able to have someone recheck this? We've tried building the structures at different times between the 2 guilds and nothing seems to work. Each week the 2 stores are identical and we are now just throwing away resources for no reason.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Julia, are you able to have someone recheck this? We've tried building the structures at different times between the 2 guilds and nothing seems to work. Each week the 2 stores are identical and we are now just throwing away resources for no reason.

My next question would be if the fix worked for consoles but something is still wonky on PC. I'm not sure how many guilds in TuxT are prepared to build an MM for 2xGuildMarks, but hoping for more than one to be able to check.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • imathilimathil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    We have built the MM twice, once about a month ago and one on Tuesday this week.
    First time Dueling Cap and Happy Boots
    This time Guise of the Wolf Clan and Cannibal Headpiece.

So we are not seeing the repeatability issue with the MM, but ours is a small sample set.

Imathil
    GL
    Storm of the Phoenix
  • hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    What about adding Vouchers to the list of random items that could be generated? Make the cost in Guild Marks more than what the Vouchers would return (250-500%). Or make them cost other types of "stolen" vouchers and Guild Marks; something that would be a net loss for the player, but a gain for the guild.

Adding more to the list of possibilities would (at the very least) more easily show whether there really is a RNG problem.
  • niceduck#2839 niceduck Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Checked this on our Alliance yesterday (PS4) with2 Mysterious Merchants and they definetly have different shop items. One has 2 x boots, other has armor and hand piece. ( too bad that armor costs 30kMarks ...)
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @confusedpoof said:
    > Okay the Crusader guilds once again have received identical stores. Third week in a row since the fix.
    >
    > @nitocris83 - Julia, are you able to have someone recheck this? We've tried building the structures at different times between the 2 guilds and nothing seems to work. Each week the 2 stores are identical and we are now just throwing away resources for no reason.

GxG and Myrmidons also have them and their items are different both from that of thd Crusaders and each other. Seems like it is indeed tied to who builds the merchant. Maybe if you build again, have someone else in TUC start that one?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    pitshade said:

GxG and Myrmidons also have them and their items are different both from that of thd Crusaders and each other. Seems like it is indeed tied to who builds the merchant. Maybe if you build again, have someone else in TUC start that one?

I asked him about that as a possible factor (in another thread?) and he said they'd already tried having different people build.

This is now the biggest of mysteries.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    4th Week - 4th time that The Holy Crusaders and The Unholy Crusaders have identical stores. This time we tried summoning on different days - over 24 hours apart. Had different officers summon them as well.

@nitocris83 - I understand that the bug overall is "fixed" as other guilds are getting different selections, but there has to be something wrong with out guilds. We can't have the same selection each week between the 2 guilds.
    5th Week (well, On Thursday when we rebuilt) - 5th time that The Holy and Unholy Crusaders have identical stores.

I'm going to keep posting here every week the 2 guilds have identical stores in a row. @nitocris83 / @terramak can some one PLEASE take a look at my guilds and see what is wrong with their merchants. They can't have the same store as each other for 5 weeks straight (since it was apparently fixed to not do that).
    Hell, I am at the point of thinking it's just our guilds that are bugged. 6th week in a row that the stores between The Holy Crusaders and The Unholy Crusaders are the same. I guess someone there has decided we don't get multiple selections.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Hell, I am at the point of thinking it's just our guilds that are bugged. 6th week in a row that the stores between The Holy Crusaders and The Unholy Crusaders are the same. I guess someone there has decided we don't get multiple selections.

Tinfoil hat time!

My current theory is that they are using the unique guild name as a seed for their pseudo-random number generator, but they miscoded the parser to only look at the first token in the guild name string, so all guilds that begin with the word "The" will be getting the same gear every week!
    dupeks said:

Tinfoil hat time!

My current theory is that they are using the unique guild name as a seed for their pseudo-random number generator, but they miscoded the parser to only look at the first token in the guild name string, so all guilds that begin with the word "The" will be getting the same gear every week!
    That could be on the money. @nitocris83 - when you get a chance to speak to the dev team, can you ask them if this is the case?
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Can you change your guild name as a test for the next build? That would be interesting.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Can you change your guild name as a test for the next build? That would be interesting.

@confusedpoof Maybe ya'll could be Tin Foil Hat Crusaders for a little bit?