test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mysterious Merchant Clarification

Comments

• hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User

Hi everyone. Appreciate the feedback/constructive comments. The main purpose behind this post was to explain how the design is intended so that when we were getting reports, we could determine if there was an actual bug or if it was due to confusion with design. The inclusion of people discussing dupes across their alliance hindered us from investigating issues at the guild level, which is where we had to start. We are now looking at issues such as latency and systems order that impact the store selection every guild is getting.

I know there is feedback regarding the design, the cost, etc. and we are listening to that too but we need to be systemic about how we address things.

Thank for keeping us updated @nitocris83.

I hope I'm not bringing up anything new here, but these symptoms sound a lot like the old "Wi Flag." I suppose a sure way to know would be if those same two items showed up on the third build (after they've been put back in the list).
  • xinexixxinexix Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    I doubt anyone will continue building until we get confirmation that all is fixed. So far my alliance has built at least 2.

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    It would be great if this was fixed in time for the 2x Guild Marks event in 10 days.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    @armadeonx that would be wonderful! I already blew my guild marks and i need more to buy some stuff from the merchant.

• mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Yep definitely Broke, we waited a week to be certain called it in (77K gems) same stuff as last time, utter waste of resources, might I suggest nitro the devs give all guilds a week on a fresh rotation FOC when they fix this, plus as others have said just give us all options for purchase, RNG on a building like this is taking the concept too far imho!
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User

I think Alliances should be taken into account for this, but at the very least, we really just need to know what actually went live.

For the record:

"Tuxedo TShirt Alliance" guild:

2 weeks in a row, and I think another alliance guild had this before that also:

Wisley's Dreaded Wristguards
    Executioner's Black Attire
    Protector's Standard
    Scenes of the Sword Coast
    Portrait of the Merchant

Not sure if our plan is to waste more resources spawning this thing just to test it on live. Seems to me a GM could just create a rank 20 SH guild, summon the vendor, see whats on it, destroy it, rinse and repeat. 30 mins work to clear up if the inventory changes without punishing players for testing.

Yup same in our Alliance, Tornado of Souls MM got the same items. Not that i mind in this one time since i wanted both of those items, but repeating the items is bad.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    an official update would be nice. how many other threads in the history of hte forum have the entire player base in agreement? there is a problem and I've yet to see an acknowledgement that it is a problem?
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Our Helm guild on Xbox has constructed the mysterious merchant two times with the exact same loot:
    Protector's Standard
    Portrait of the Merchant
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Original post has been updated with additional information.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    That's pretty thin and I highly doubt that's the issue.

We would still like verification of what is actually on the vendor....
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    if that were the problem then ALL the guilds would not have the same inventory. I know most guilds aren't constructing things that fast and they shouldn't have had the same inventory to begin with.
    Well it's worth trying a couple of them within the alliance but the note doesn't directly address the issue of all guilds getting exactly the same stuff as all other guilds - it could possibly have bumped a fix, so it's worth testing.

Nope the guilds in my alliance didn't do that and they still got the same inventory. It's not our fault that the merchant is glitched and we aren't going to keep sinking resources into it to test what should of been taken care of on preview.

@nitocris83 please lemme know when we actually have confirmation that the glitch is fixed.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    They're not saying that was why it was happening originally, only that under those circumstances it might still continue to happen, so be careful.

Still agree on being gun-shy though. This thing isn't cheap.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • obliquity811obliquity811 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Hello,

I'm a 6 in The Nation on Xbox. We tried putting up the Mysterious Merchant today after we waited. (We had him up last week).

He is selling the same merchandise as last week, the wraps, and the chest.

Please Please Please fix this.
    @nitocris83

Thank You for your attention.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I don't have the gems to be doing testing in production, but our Helm guild on Xbox has constructed the mysterious merchant two times with the exact same loot, the first time was on about 6/23 and the second one was built on 7/7 almost a full week after the merchant was gone. I get it that it is possible for it to bring the same loot, but it is very suspicious that it is bringing the same exact loot as every other console guild and twice in a row. This does not seem to be working as intended.

Protector's Standard
    Portrait of the Merchant
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    Same in our helm guild on PS4. There was a few days break between building second Mysterious Merchant.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey everyone! I was informed that the original fix has not made it to Console yet which is why Xbox and PS4 players are still seeing the same inventory. I apologize for the miscommunication on that front.

As for PC, we completely understand being trigger-shy on summoning a new Merchant. We're exploring any remaining alternative we can to test the MM (on top of the extensive testing we've already done) to see if there are any other sequence of actions or factors that can cause the wristguards and black attire to keep showing up.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Our helm summoned the merchant last week - we had the same as @sundance777 on PS4, everyone is afraid to summon him again
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

The Gems cost needs to be removed, or lowered to 10k or so gems. It is just not worth building, for real.

I brought up gem cost reduction but that requires an entire new build and right now all build needs are focused on M12.
    That's understandable. It would be great if they could mark it for a future reduction though, currently we are having to run the gem maker for 2 weeks to be able to get the MM every 3rd week and given that the inventory is random even when working properly this can lead to a wait of 2-3 months to get the gear you want - by which time we have a new mod and it's out of date.

• obliquity811obliquity811 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    @nitocris83

Hi there,
    Will we be getting a patch on Tuesday's Maintenance to fix this?
    We console players have been watching this forum for answers and it's quite bewildering to us why it was only fixed on PC, and that it wasn't mentioned that it was still broken on Console. We would have saved our gems...

Thank You for your assistance
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I'd still love to know hat is actually all on the vendor. I understand it is a "Mysterious Vendor", but would be nice to know what is actually o it. Course if it gets fixed, I guess we will find out over time - course since the items are now all less valuable than upcoming items, not sure it even matters anymore.
  • drissztdrisszt Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Hey look, it's the same gear again! Button Mashers, Xbox one.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    drisszt said:

Hey look, it's the same gear again! Button Mashers, Xbox one.

Consoles aren't fixed yet.

On that note, the OP should be updated again to reflect this fact.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User

I'd still love to know hat is actually all on the vendor. I understand it is a "Mysterious Vendor", but would be nice to know what is actually o it. Course if it gets fixed, I guess we will find out over time - course since the items are now all less valuable than upcoming items, not sure it even matters anymore.

We sure need list like that just in case it isn't bugged. They could even introduce more gear but due to bug it could be not chosen from loot table. The mysterious name should stand for mystery of what he will be selling this time (random selection) not what he has in offer in general.
  • kungomaximokungomaximo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Yesterday our guild built MM (on PC), and we got:
    Duelist Riposte Cap
    Happy's Walking boots
    Royal lion Swallowtail
    Scenes of sword coast
    Portrait of a Necromancer

Small tidbit of information is, this may be a coincidence, but it's the exact same selection (at least for gear) we had when we built it for the very 1st time weeks ago.

PS: some more info: no guild in the alliance had a MM summoned