test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.80.20170515e.13

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Patch notes for tomorrow's maintenance can be found here.

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If this fixes the lazy textures and old looking drops, it will be a great day, indeed.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • norcadetnorcadet Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Pro: Seems to have fixed my "Out of Memory" issue. Con: It fixes my "Out of Memory" issue by giving me the far more annoying "Device Disconnected" issue and crashing the game.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited June 2017

Textures should now more consistently unload when they're no longer needed, or reduce in quality if the game gets close to its limit of texture memory used.

All gods of Neverbugs bless the dev who decided to tweak this thing! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! <3
    Just wanted to say that its working nicely :) You can still see "a bit slow" texture loading the first time, but howly cow, i don't need to restart the client every hour, inventory icons don't take minutes to load, no more white squares and things without textures...
  • this is my first time playing neverwinter and right as i click play a patch update starts but the thing is it never loaded i was waiting all night and the bar stayed at zero and my wifi is good so its not that
    Subscribe At PikachuGamer256
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    Check if NW isn't blocked by antivirus or firewall.
  • yummy#9180 yummy Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @poisoncloud said:
    > Check if NW isn't blocked by antivirus or firewall.

Mine's doing the same thing and it's not being blocked by anything.
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    Then I can only recommend threads on the launcher stuck at patching, e.g. on Reddit. And if what they suggest doesn't work - ticket to support.
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Think you could add "server stability" to this? You know, the thing that seems to be an ongoing problem?
    Kelvar Lo'Zakven, 70 Drow Elf Ranger

"Don't underestimate your foe. If you do, you're probably dead." - Kelvar, to Torrence the Strong
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I think since this patch my launcher takes time even BEFORE checking for updates too (just hanging there, nothing visible in process) - but after a minute or two the game is actually ready to play.
    There were no changes in updates or setting on my computer except what came from cryptic, so I guess they did something...
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    As this is last week's patch note thread, this is closed. There is a link to this week's patch notes in the maintenance thread for today. Thanks.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.