test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Name Option VS alliance

xx0dessaxxxx0dessaxx Member Posts: 44 Arc User
I'm not sure why anyone would want to have an Alliance name instead of their own guild, but there should be an option to disable that. I would like to use some of the In Game titles but don't want to glitch my Guild name. Is someone looking into a fix for this?

Comments

• eteknoetekno Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    There is an option on the character sheet. It's broke.
  • xx0dessaxxxx0dessaxx Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Yes, I know. That's why I am hoping someone is at least looking into it. It's something simple and really... the Alliance option is poorly thought out in my opinion. Being a part of an Alliance doesn't remove you from wanting to support your guild. It's there to add more variety. I love all the ingame titles but don't even bother with them since it will mess up my guild name.
  • eteknoetekno Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I hear ya. thats exactly why I don't mess with titles.
  • arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    It is because of this strange bug that I'm happy that the particular guild I'm in is also the Helm of the Alliance. Same guild name no matter what :smile:. I agree though that it is a silly UI bug that should have been fixed by now. But these minor things are always placed at the bottom of the list of things to fix, unfortunately.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    FWIW, on PC unchecking, rechecking, unchecking a few times seems to make it stick. But every time you make a change to your profile / title it reverts back to alliance and you have to un-re-check again.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @terramak @rgutscheradev could you let us know if this bug has been acknowledged by the devs yet? It's been going on since the launch of alliances.

Thanks
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    It bugs me enough to almost not allow my guild to be in an alliance. We worked hard to get where we are and we deserve to have our own guild name on our characters.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • xx0dessaxxxx0dessaxx Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    It would be nice to have it acknowledged. Our Alliance swaps spots every week so that each guild has a chance for the helm bonus. They make being in an Alliance a chore. Each week the leaders have to make time to take the reinvite to the Alliance and then deal with the 24 hour probation. Its as if people are punished for being in an alliance and working together to support each other.
    arod7932 said:

It is because of this strange bug that I'm happy that the particular guild I'm in is also the Helm of the Alliance. Same guild name no matter what :smile:. I agree though that it is a silly UI bug that should have been fixed by now. But these minor things are always placed at the bottom of the list of things to fix, unfortunately.

Every Alliance I've been in or dealt with does weekly swaps so everyone has a chance at the higher guild bonuses. I actually prefer that as it promotes a supporting atmosphere where all guilds are able to progress/max out structures.

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    My guild stepped down from helm not long after we formed the alliance, the next nearest to GH20 occupies the spot - 3 of our allies have now hit 20 and the next is in progress.

The guilds that have reached 20 still run influence to donate it to those short on their targets.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • johonxgaltjohonxgalt Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Found this on Reddit, credits to ExaltedGuard.

If you like the title you have now but are stuck with the alliance tag:

Change to random. Removes.
    Change to another. Adds Alliance
    Change to Title you want. Removes.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I don't have updates on this but marking this as a QoL issue for a specific QoL report I'm working on.
  • arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User

It would be nice to have it acknowledged. Our Alliance swaps spots every week so that each guild has a chance for the helm bonus. They make being in an Alliance a chore. Each week the leaders have to make time to take the reinvite to the Alliance and then deal with the 24 hour probation. Its as if people are punished for being in an alliance and working together to support each other.

arod7932 said:

Every Alliance I've been in or dealt with does weekly swaps so everyone has a chance at the higher guild bonuses. I actually prefer that as it promotes a supporting atmosphere where all guilds are able to progress/max out structures.

Apologies if I came off as snobby. My guild also rotates the Helm, something I recently found out. I am new to my current guild and came from a rather toxic guild in the past. It is a pretty efficient system, especially when all guilds work to boost the current Helm. It benefits everyone. But that doesn't mean that members should all have to represent the current Helm in their overhead name. I'm happy nitocris at least acknowledged this issue. Hopefully that QoL document will bring about some real change fairly quickly.