test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Orange...

ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
So a friend of mine came back to the game after a super long hiatus. She started with us when NW came to PS4, played a week and then just came back at double XP.

Last night when I was telling her how to use dye packs she asked me - "where do I get orange?"

I had totally forgotten that orange was her favorite color, her dragon age characters, division characters and mass effect characters are all wearing orange. I haven't seen an orange dye pack in NW. Is there a reason there isn't orange? or has anyone seen them and where can I get her some? It seemed like I remember there being something orange around Halloween - masquerade or something.

But until she brought it up it never dawned on me that you can't buy the single dye in orange.
Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

Comments

• sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I don't recall where I obtained it, but I definitely have dyed something orange before: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Suns Tip/screenshot/6666443#

I am guessing I got the dye from the AH, or my guild bank but it it probably came from masquerade originally.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Searing Magma from Battle for the Bridge CTA has an orange base. On PC, this tends to be one of the most farmed CTAs because it's fast and we've had it a lot of times, so the dye is pretty common. I don't have a clue which CTAs have been run on other platforms.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    We haven't had that one yet -I'll have to keep my eye out for it
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    The masquerade dye pack also has orange as one of its 3 colors. Yellow and black being the other two colors.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

So a friend of mine came back to the game after a super long hiatus. She started with us when NW came to PS4, played a week and then just came back at double XP.

Last night when I was telling her how to use dye packs she asked me - "where do I get orange?"

I had totally forgotten that orange was her favorite color, her dragon age characters, division characters and mass effect characters are all wearing orange. I haven't seen an orange dye pack in NW. Is there a reason there isn't orange? or has anyone seen them and where can I get her some? It seemed like I remember there being something orange around Halloween - masquerade or something.

But until she brought it up it never dawned on me that you can't buy the single dye in orange.

So, I did a quick search on the AH... Masquerade dyepack is currently going for ~ 5kAD each. The searing magma is ~ 500 AD each. If your friend would rather "earn" them, (Halloween being a ways away, & no Idea what the CTA schedule looks like, many guilds deposit these types of items in the guild bank... she could probably negotiate a deal to farm influence for a week or two in exchange for a set or two of dyes. Good luck!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    They're on PS4 and haven't had Battle for the Bridge yet. If they were on PC, I'd have mailed them a pile of dyepacks because, yup, guild bank's got a few stacks of this one.

Once they get the CTA, Ravenskya's friend will have all the orange-base dye she could possibly ever want.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Here's are also 2 tools @two30 made that are phenomenal for color planning:

Dye sort:
    https://two30.github.io/neverwinter-dye-sort/

Dye compare:
    https://two30.github.io/neverwinter-dye/?5,18,21
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    I have 10 masquerade dye packs left I won't use until this year's masquerade of liars. If your friend would like them, let me know and I'd be happy to send them to you.
    @zebular That would be awesome! I didn't know you were on PS4. You can either send them to me (@ravenskya) and I'll get them to her or I can PM you her PSN and you can just send them to her. Thank you so much

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    ravenskya said:

@zebular That would be awesome! I didn't know you were on PS4. You can either send them to me (@ravenskya) and I'll get them to her or I can PM you her PSN and you can just send them to her. Thank you so much

Oh shoot, I totally skipped the bit where you're on PS4. Let me go see what I have there.
    edited June 2017
    You're in luck, I had 9 left over on PS4. Sent them to you just now. Hope your friend enjoys them! :)

I'm a dye hoarder on all platforms. I usually have way more than that of any given dye but I often use that one for the black it has in it on many characters.
    Thank you so much!!

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    ORANGE and BLACK are my favorite color, I wonder why. LOL....

Yeah I guess you will see two guildies wearing Orange there Raven. LOL...
    Dragonturtle was so excited! Have you seen her in her new orange and black? She did up her courtesan outfit on her tank

ravenskya said:

Dragonturtle was so excited! Have you seen her in her new orange and black? She did up her courtesan outfit on her tank

Awesome!

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    A feature I'd love to see is 'dye mixing'. Being able to combine up to 3 dyes to create a new color.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    Or making a new "dye pack" and saving it. I do almost all of my characters in black and red, or black and gold... other than waffles she's all pink

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

ORANGE and BLACK are my favorite color, I wonder why. LOL....

Yeah I guess you will see two guildies wearing Orange there Raven. LOL...

Ravens rule... Bengals drool!
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Searing Magma sounds right for the one I used, we have dye hoarders in our guild on xbox too and the guild bank fills up with dyes.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
    I wonder when we will get the event for searing magma on the PS4... we will have to farm her a stash of them.

We do a pretty good job of hoarding the ones people like for them, we just still haven't had all the CTA's and events pop up on the PS4 yet.