test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PvE] Paladin Guide by @greyjay1, @slappdaniel and @Its Viraaal

Comments

• greyjay1greyjay1 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    The changes affect this build by a good bit, namely Aura Gifts, because of that it should as well affect Devo-Builds.
    Since Aura Gifts will be less effective because either your team gets less % from their pets or they even use augments and augments don't recieve Power-Buffs at all.
    This will change the claculations in common scenarios to chose Radiants over Brutals/Azures (to buff or to dps) on the char, because average Power-levels, the multiplier to buffed Power (Bonding-changes) and the fight-durations will be different.
    Hard to tell how this will end up. With less Buffs around: Devo-Op with multiprocing Boons might even be superior.
    For now we can only wait for the changes and then test them :)
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Here is a recent thread about Sacred Weapons and how to use it.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1233700/pc-pve-help-me-to-understand-sacred-weapon

The thread brings up lots of interesting information about its current uses. Many surprises for me, as it does a lot more than single target.
    I want to add, that i sold all my r12 enchants (except bondings). I currently run this build with r8 radiants on my char and r8 darks/azures on my companion. It works perfectly fine, the difference is feelable, but not a big deal.
    I successfully completed fbi in under 12 mins and tong in under 20mins with (we were not attempting speed-runs and in these parties 2-3 people were using r8s only).
    Survivability was no problem, felt immortal, dps was nice.
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    greyjay1 said:

I want to add, that i sold all my r12 enchants (except bondings). I currently run this build with r8 radiants on my char and r8 darks/azures on my companion. It works perfectly fine, the difference is feelable, but not a big deal.
    I successfully completed fbi in under 12 mins and tong in under 20mins with (we were not attempting speed-runs and in these parties 2-3 people were using r8s only).
    Survivability was no problem, felt immortal, dps was nice.

I played for quite some time on R8 Radiants on character when I moved R12s to an alt, but I kept R12 Azures on companion (account bound gear that I switch between characters) and can also say the difference is not that big. When I did the math the difference in Power between R12 and R8 Radiants is not that big compared to the total Power we get including Prot Mechanic. The difference in enchants is about 6300-2520=3780 Power, 11200-4480=6720 HP. 3.8k Power loss is not that big when we get extra 20-25k from having 200-250k max HP.
  • just1rndmdad#7709 just1rndmdad Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I would love to see this in action...everytime I try this I feel so vulnerable...also why only 2k recovery...
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

I would love to see this in action...everytime I try this I feel so vulnerable...also why only 2k recovery...

You're easily going to have 100k+ Power with a build like this. Pop Artificer's for free 15k+ Recovery, any extra is much appreciated, but not "necessary". You may not be able to spam a daily every 10 seconds and on every encounter, but you won't need to if most of your time is spent running through the dungeon.

Even without Artificer's Persuasion, Vengeful Judge gives us a Spell Twisting type effect and Aura of Wisdom at R4 is the rough equivalent of 8000 Recovery (in terms of Recharge Speed Increase). Since this build is often seen in the BiS sweaty tryhard teams, you're practically guaranteed to have an AC DC spamming Hastening Light, which means that any manual stacking of Recovery is mostly fruitless

• thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    How do you guys feel the Rex Amiculum stacks up with the Primal chest piece and the Deepknight Brigandine?

I am currently running Rex Corona, Deepknight, Pilgrim hands, and Bonespurs. I am definitely going for the Primal hands and feet, but I am not sure which chest piece I want.

You can actually. Viral has an FBI speedrun video posted and fragments of his solo FBI, I also have my whole (except trolls part) solo FBI run on youtube.

As pointed above, Recovery is not necessary for OP because of Aura of Wisdom giving 25% Recharge Speed (equivalent of 5k Recovery) and AP gain with off-hand power, all cooldown reduction feats and Judge. Plus Hastening Light from DC. At lower IL you may want to keep around 5-6k Recovery though.
    edited September 2017
    > @rjc9000 said:
    > I would love to see this in action...everytime I try this I feel so vulnerable...also why only 2k recovery...
    >
    > You're easily going to have 100k+ Power with a build like this. Pop Artificer's for free 15k+ Recovery, any extra is much appreciated, but not "necessary". You may not be able to spam a daily every 10 seconds and on every encounter, but you won't need to if most of your time is spent running through the dungeon.
    >
    > Even without Artificer's Persuasion, Vengeful Judge gives us a Spell Twisting type effect and Aura of Wisdom at R4 is the rough equivalent of 8000 Recovery (in terms of Recharge Speed Increase). Since this build is often seen in the BiS sweaty tryhard teams, you're practically guaranteed to have an AC DC spamming Hastening Light, which means that any manual stacking of Recovery is mostly fruitless

Unfirtunetly i dont have a nice big guild power boon. Base i have 26.8k...and only 190k hp...XD

Just ran a tong tonight and tried a rotation on first 2 bosses keeping bane up..using tw and switching it for sw when my temp hp was good.

So currently i run a t fey. And with only 80% crit severity wonder what the max is for an OP. Otherwise a t vorpal sounds nice.

Thanks for the input
    > @trzebiat#2067 said:
    > I would love to see this in action...everytime I try this I feel so vulnerable...also why only 2k recovery...
    >
    > You can actually. Viral has an FBI speedrun video posted and fragments of his solo FBI, I also have my whole (except trolls part) solo FBI run on youtube.
    >
    > As pointed above, Recovery is not necessary for OP because of Aura of Wisdom giving 25% Recharge Speed (equivalent of 5k Recovery) and AP gain with off-hand power, all cooldown reduction feats and Judge. Plus Hastening Light from DC. At lower IL you may want to keep around 5-6k Recovery though.

After closer inspection i flumd them thanks!

I sit at 13.8k

Buffed recovery is 15k. Near 80% crit chance.

At only 27k base power i feel my initial tw is not what it should be.

Slowly learning to be comfortable and do more with less defensiveness.
    The key for starting the fights is to tank the first hit with HP so your power is maxed and then use TW. I sometimes delay TW so much my HP drops to less than 10%.

You don't really need high guild boons, they help, true, but are not necessary. I soloed FBI with just 3k Power and 3.2k Defense guild boons.
  • oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Do we need 100% crit chance, when temp HP are not affected by critical hits?
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
    For damage - yes. For survivability - no.
    > @trzebiat#2067 said:
    > The key for starting the fights is to tank the first hit with HP so your power is maxed and then use TW. I sometimes delay TW so much my HP drops to less than 10%.
    >
    > You don't really need high guild boons, they help, true, but are not necessary. I soloed FBI with just 3k Power and 3.2k Defense guild boons.

Thanks for the tip. Ive always tried to start the fight with temp hp but maxing power that way will def net way more temp hp.
    Ok another q. How does purifying fire scale if it does and does it proc AoC?
    Purifying Fire scales with buffs/debuffs, it doesn't proc AoC
    (but it contributes veeeeery little to the overall dps).
    Still worth putting 1 point in it.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yeah, my group build has 3 points in prism, 1 in beacon and 1 in PF.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • sterleengsterleeng Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Why do you take the Purifying Fire 1/5 point?
    Well I have to spend it somewhere lol. It's going to make very little difference anywhere - I've got the right points in all the needed places so this one is spare, I may as well get a little extra DoT on the go...

• ixaro#1927 ixaro Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hey friends! Since i am new in the game, i would like to ask if this is a good starting build for a newbie! I really like the game so far but can't find a viable build for me! Can i go with this one or can you plz suggest something else, if not this one?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Hey friends! Since i am new in the game, i would like to ask if this is a good starting build for a newbie! I really like the game so far but can't find a viable build for me! Can i go with this one or can you plz suggest something else, if not this one?

Yes.

While you won't have many fancy tools that Viraal would, the same feats and abilities will see you through all content.

• sterleengsterleeng Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Well I have to spend it somewhere lol. It's going to make very little difference anywhere - I've got the right points in all the needed places so this one is spare, I may as well get a little extra DoT on the go...

On the serverRU the Purifying Fire is not a DoT. Are you sure that it works on the serverEU as a DoT?
    It's not a DoT on Dragon-server either. Maybe he meant, that it adds some small damage hits over the course of a fight, hence the dmg over time.
  • david#2060 david Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Hi there,

i wanted to ask, if you would use primal poweer+crit chest or Deepknights Brigandine , which one is better?

I love Deeps so much, but may be its time to move forward.

Please let me know.
  • tepes#1182 tepes Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Thank you for sharing this guide. It is very well done and I use a very similar build. I can absolutely attest to its viability.
    greyjay1 said:

It's not a DoT on Dragon-server either. Maybe he meant, that it adds some small damage hits over the course of a fight, hence the dmg over time.

Yes, that's how I meant it - sorry, should've been clearer. It's a bit of extra damage that I (personally) think of as a 'tick' on top of your actual damage. Tbh, putting it anywhere else would have even less personal benefit so why not :)

• thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I have noticed a lot more Pally's are going with the Orcus set. I try to get good DPS but since I am not BiS (I am 15.3k, 85% Crit, about 115k power self buffed taking damage with binding, 255k HP) I still keep some things to keep me tanky (Feytouch).

In my last T9G run (31 min, no wipe, 2DC, 14k DPS) I did 250,000,000 damage (8 million damage per minute) . In worse runs I have done over 350,000,000.

What kind of damage do you more DPS (Orcus set, Vorpal, etc) builds do in a T9G run? Is it worth the considerable expense to rank up an Orcus set to replace my already legendary equipment?

I would be replacing a legendary Belt of Constitution, legendary Tiamat Neck piece, and mythic Tiamat Orb, all of which I just have for the stats
    I didn't run tong in weeks (will change tomorrow with 12b :D ), I usually dealt between 300kk-1kkk (15-25min) with my pally in a tong-run (usually using TW like a coward :D and Bane to debuff), my dmg-contribution strongly depends on the group-composition and how well the dps-players are.
    I don't think that these values offer much informations in regards to personal dps, because not only the performance between different group-setups, also the performance between different people varies a ton.

To the Orcus-Set, the set bonus grants on avg 10% more dmg and the stats aren't too shabby, so i would recommend it.
    (The set bonus affects your AoC-dmg as well)