test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Siegebreaker Mount Could Be Better

wioefwioef Member Posts: 31 Arc User
since we have bought the Siegebreaker Griffon are they never going to fix the Equip power on the mount so it has like defense lifesteal , defense recovery , defense generation while some useful power on it than deflection cause I'm not here complaining for wanting deflection on my gf or paladin but when I play a Warlock Wizard Ranger healer or Weapon Fighter that I just don't want a lame power that my class cant use why I thought I would come here to see what they could done since I do own a lot of different epic mounts on my toon

Comments

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    wioef said:

since we have bought the Siegebreaker Griffon are they never going to fix the Equip power on the mount so it has like defense lifesteal , defense recovery , defense generation while some useful power on it than deflection cause I'm not here complaining for wanting deflection on my gf or paladin but when I play a Warlock Wizard Ranger healer or Weapon Fighter that I just don't want a lame power that my class cant use why I thought I would come here to see what they could done since I do own a lot of different epic mounts on my toon

Siegebreaker Griffon is mostly good because it has the Wanderer's Fortune insignia bonus. That's a buttload of free RP for more casual players that don't want to spend 2000 zen on an account wide unlock for that bonus. The stats bonus isn't really all that important and there will be other epic mounts you can get via events.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I am getting the mount for just that reason. How good IS Wander's Fortune? I have no experience with just how much of a boatload of RP it provides.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Good to know. Thanks @urabask
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    @niadan

That sounds about right for one character. The more alts with WF/DH being played regularly and collecting their share of drops, the better it is as an account investment.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I have the mount for one night and I know one thing: it filled up my inventory bag (a conspiracy theory light bulb has just popped). :)
    The RP are account bound.
    By the way, I like deflection. I take deflection over life steal (easy to get) and regeneration (not important for PVE) any time.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    For whatever issues the game might have right now, allowing people to earn an epic mount from an event is great move by Cryptic. The fact that it can have Wanderer's Fortune is a great bonus. While the stat boost isn't great for many classes, it is a far far better thing than Regen, which the OP seems to want.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • wioefwioef Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    i don't mind deflection on my gf but how am i going to use it on my sw and cw ?
    wioef said:

For my weak alt SW (who had writ left over from last time), she is happy to have deflection. She had 'movement' from the mount. She is "happy" to have a free "defense and deflection" replacement instead. She survives a lot better. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    @wioef Siegebreaker Griffon is an epic mount pretty much being given for free and it happens to have what arguably is one of the best pve insignia bonuses, I don't think is right nor makes sense to expect or ask to get anything about it changed, you also need to consider there a lot more dps classes than support ones out there, let them have abonus that benefit them or at the very least encourage them to go after that item.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User

Wow. Just wow. I bet if you gave a person the ability to create BIS toons on demand, they would complain about them being the wrong race or spec.

This. So much this.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    Epic mount with Wanderer's? One of the best rewards you can grind in the game for new players I think. When I started in Mod 3 so many were stuck on 50% mounts for months if not over a year or more.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Just for wanderers fortune it is worth it. You can easily get around 20-30K of various RP in around 5-10 mins, per toon/alt. After that the drop rate drops off. It is a huge helping hand to any new ppl trying to gear stuff up and at 12Kish, I am still benefiting from my account wide mount that gives me wander's fortune.

Should be thanking Cryptic, not complaining.
  • playasinnombreplayasinnombre Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    wioef said:

You don't have to do anything to use it, deflection is applied automatically when you are attacked.
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    wioef said:

since we have bought the Siegebreaker Griffon..

I think that would be "traded", and you are entitled nothing.

• dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    wow people are really ungrateful.I remember trying to scrape together 1m AD to just to buy that measly Kwalish years ago and that is just for 110% mount speed to keep up with dragon runs.

Think like this.There will be a time in the future which you will need to buy wanderer's insignia bonus mount(Gilded spider or that bear) from zen store.Now you can buy another mount for your dps characters with that saved zen
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I'm happy it's not another stupid horse! Look forward to the snails from the summer event.
  • thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    I like the colour re-skin on it too.
  • teflons7teflons7 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    wioef said:

As was pointed out a few posts above, it's a behind-the-scenes stat; you don't need to "do" anything to use deflection. It is also a viable defensive option for ANY class. It can keep you from being one-shotted, FYI.
    Evolvent

Tre'Huggar - 70 HR
    Beefthor Battlebeard - 70 GF
    Beefer Sutherland - 70 CW
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Like others have said, yes, this is one of the best event rewards ever. I am doing the Siege on 7 of my alts - had wanderer's fortune on my main (the blue spider mount), but this allows me to get a great insignia bonus basically for free, and save my Zen for something else instead of bying an account-wide mount.

Besides, I like the blue voucher drops, so even without the mount, farming the event would have been worthwhile.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited June 2017
    I have this mount for 6 toons. When the first toon (which is my 5th toon in terms of item level) got the mount, I ran a round of siege daily. i.e. 2 HE and kills something in between. That took may be 10 minutes. Then, I noticed I got a 1st world problem. :)

Storage problem ... although I kind of get that covered. I got about 30 RP of about 10 types. All account bound.