test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Grey Wolf Insignia in Sharandar?

mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
Given that I don't much pay attention to the quickling cull (or whatever its called) event in Sharandar this may have always been the case... but why do we win Vellosk Bounty in Sharandar?
Got a bronze just now I think I killed 2... and as I was about to skip through the view result screen I noticed Grey Wolf insignia as a reward. Didn't recognise it at first and thought, "hold on is there a new CTA going on or something?" then realised what it was.

If it were dishing out Fomorian Concoction then I'd pay a darned sight more attention to it, and miht actively participate, but is this an oversight, or is there a reason?

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    It's a ghost, you didn't really get one. Occasionally, the reward window does some strange things. It will display the name of an item from the previous reward window or drop. The events at :15 only reward enchantments/runes.

You can see this same ghosting when collecting from crafting sometimes. Collecting alchemy and it might show a leadership award for example.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I've seen the professions one a number of times. Like you say, it often shows the last leadership I did when collecting alchemy on a different character.

Wonder why it did it with Grey Wolf Insignia?

Don't recall going Wolf hunting since I was leveling.
  • Options
    Sorry to revive this, but you DO get them...

Just went farming in Sharandar and needed to check how many crescents and concoction I had. The quickling event was running, so while in the riches tab, out of idle curiosity, I checked how many Grey Wolf Insignia I had... 59

The event only had a few minutes to run when I entered, so I ended up with Bronze. The reward was one GWI and one R5 därk.

I checked my inventory... 60 Grey Wolf Insignia.

The ghosting thing made sense... now I'm confused again.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Sorry to revive this, but you DO get them...

Just went farming in Sharandar and needed to check how many crescents and concoction I had. The quickling event was running, so while in the riches tab, out of idle curiosity, I checked how many Grey Wolf Insignia I had... 59

The event only had a few minutes to run when I entered, so I ended up with Bronze. The reward was one GWI and one R5 därk.

I checked my inventory... 60 Grey Wolf Insignia.

The ghosting thing made sense... now I'm confused again.

Yep, until today I had never seen it. I was coming to add, but see you already did. This is new to me and I've been playing since PC. There's been a change made.

I made a new character this week to help my nephew and in Helm's Hold I got an Ashmadi symbol shown in the reward window today. First time I've seen it, but was unable to verify I actually received it.
  • Options
    The one ting I didn't notice was whether it showed up in the corner by the mini map.

I've a couple of characters to run through Sharandar later, I'll keep an eye on it, see if happens at different ranks of reward.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I got one last night too, I did not check my inventory to see if it was a ghost or real but I saw it on screen for sure.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    It must be a bug of some sort, I've seen it happen for quite some time now too. I fail to see the connection between Sharandar and Vellosk. Must have been broken when modifying another area of the game.
  • Options
    Yeah... I'd be happy if it gave bonus Fomorian Concoction, but I don't know anyone who has use for GWI that has reached Sharandar.