test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nostura Fey Castle too long and hard

diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
Hello, i just want to share my bad experience concerning the petrified dust i need for restoring my fey set...

As a dps, gyrion is so easy, it took me a couple hours solo to run enought Gyrion to get materials and restore my aboleth set...
It takes 5min per run max...

Now i have to run Fey Castle as a DC and this is such a pain...

The ride is so long and i die so many time because of the laggy sphered and then i have to start from the begining again.
And then i need some decent dps to fight her...

Seriously sometime i don't understand at all what the devs think or if they even test what they create.

Why is it so fast and easy for dps set and so hard and long for DCs, it makes no sense.

Kabal is the same bs to be honest while illusion set is a joke compared...

Easy solution like usual : just make the materials bta instead of btc just like the writings -_-"

what does it change for you if i grind with my dps or my dc, in the end i still grind...
Post edited by diloul31 on

Comments

• disposablehero#5903 disposablehero Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    You might experience better luck with the spheres by sticking to the left side of the tunnel and jumping over the logs, that seems to be the worst of the entire run, at least for my groups. I hope your luck improves.
    Dungeon Interior Coordinator for WAR-BOUND. <i class="Italic"></i>

PS4 characters:
    Brie Liadon, Shotgun Wizard
    Disposable Hero, Kidney removal technician
    Valorous Cake, Armored pastry defender
    Ginger Christ needs no introductions
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    I actually thought nostura was the fastest dungeon of the three.

My first couple times through were rough though. Take it slow to start, find a path that works for you. Once you get it down you can breeze through it using your sprint ability on cool down.

As far as the nostura fight, it does go a lot faster if you q with a few people. Ideally enough to kill her before her portal phase.
  • diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Thanks both of you for the advices :)
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    The big thing is that people tend to think of it as a race - you aren't racing. Just take your time and time it and you can go right through. I'd rather do that castle than the others any day.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    If you google around there are a number of good videos showing "safe" paths through the spheres.

The suggestions here are great as well:
    1. Go slow, no need to rush any part of this
    2. Stick to the sides, don't run in the middle
    3. Jump over the logs
    4. Don't trigger any traps (you can sneak by all of them, either taking the tiny trails immediately to the left of the trap, or by jumping over the logs instead)
    5. For the oscillating spheres towards the end, always go immediately as the sphere pulls away from the side you're planning to cross on.
    6. For the very last bit with 4 spheres, same strategy applies. Pick a side and go forward as the first sphere is pulling away. Keep going forward until the next sphere is coming back towards you. Wait it out and step forward etc. If you hug the wall this is easy and you shouldn't have to stop more than 2-3 times.
    In terms of total time on my DC, Nostura is easily the fastest of the 3.
  • depa420#7762 depa420 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Ya I feel Kabal is the hardest but he's also for the tank weapons I cam solo him but it takes a while... now when I first read the comment I just wanted to make a comment to say I'll give you something long and hard lol but this is a legit topic just worded funny. Haha :)
    edited June 2017
    Thanks again all for your help guys :)
    @depa420
    OMG, i didn't realised xD
    This is exactly the kind of joke i would make haha xD
    I supose i gave "the stick" to be beaten
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    For me the hardest fight is Gyrion because of his teleportation. Kabal is the easiest but the fight is bugged. Sometimes the fire ball is invisible or the chain is stuck to portal. Nostura is only hard if you rush. Even her battle is fairly easy.

Furthermore, fighting in each respected "zone" the enemie scaling seems to change weekly. In the beginning the enemies were really hard to kill. Then for a couple weeks it wasn't that bad. Now I'm dying in small heroics which never happened. I haven't changed anything on my toon or play style. Lastly, the large enemy in the Kabal zone that throws the AoE fire is OP. His AoE takes up far too much space and he uses it far too often.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
    edited June 2017
    It's funny how everyone don't agree on the easier one, i really thought everyone would think it's Gyrion .
    Post edited by diloul31 on
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I find it depends on your class. Oddly, my CW (who now has aboleth weapons) finds Nostura to be the easiest, whereas my DC (who now has fey weapons) finds Gyrion to be the easiest. Only my Pally finds all 3 easy...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • l33tazn#1400 l33tazn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Kabal is the hardest by far. It's the only one that can actually kill you and i'm a Tank. That mobs are no joke. And the explosion from the ball... and him grabbing you with the chain can take 80-90% of my HP. That is with all my temp health up. It's def much easier if you are running it with others though.