test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How does the legendary companion bonus work?

ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
Never gave it much of a thought till now when 1m ADs are on the table. Seems to work even if the leg companion isn't the one summoned out. Does that mean the 15% bonus is applied to whatever companion is out? Though the higher quality, the better. So in the end it's just make whichever companion that will never leave your slot legendary?

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

So in the end it's just make whichever companion that will never leave your slot legendary?

Yes.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    What Becky said. If you can make your summoned companion legendary, you can squeeze 5 more ranks out of it for some better base stats. But those are generally speaking minor compared to the stats your companion is getting from their own gear.

Since it's so expensive, only bringing one companion to legendary is advisable
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    ^^ What they said.

Waste of money to make companion legendary unless you plan on summoning it.
    Most active (non-summoned) companiob bonuses are not affected by being made legendary.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    That's not what we said!

If you can summon your legendary companion, that's great, but BiS active bonuses change much less frequently than BiS summon.

The handful of stat points added by the summoned companion being legendary may not be worth the expense incurred if your summon is prone to change.

(See, Zhentarim Warlock, no! Fire Archon, no! debuff companion, no!...?)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    To add to what Becky said, if you're going to throw money and make it orange, pick one which is least likely to leave your active stable. If that also happens to be a summoned one, great, but 1st priority is that you don't have to idle it when the next FotM rolls around.

BTW that's one of the reasons I think fire archon _was_ so popular. Because folks felt safer about spending the bucks thinking they were gonna keep it in stable for a while. I know mine is still there (even though summoned is now a sellsword haha)
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    One thing to note about the Legendary bonus, it rolls in and out of existence. My hp, for example, will be 144K for a number of secs., then jump to 149K. My power and some other stats also have this bouncing ball effect.