test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

#FreeRelicArmor

karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
I ran now a few mSP and the loot isn't the best, we all know that.

What angers me the most is if I get a piece of the Relic Armor and I am like: "Nice I don't have the piece" and then suddenly remember "Damn, I still need to restore it".

#FreeRelicArmor

Please let drop restored Relic Armor. It was introduced with Storm Kings Thunder and is now over 8 month old.
You need 125 Lanolin to restore it. Big Heroic Encounters drop these but it is like a 1 in 10 chance. That means we need to run over 1,250 big heroic encounter to get these. If every big heroic encounter takes around 5 minutes to complete this means it takes over 104 hours to get the Lanolin, on average.
Even if I want to buy it from the Auctionhouse it is expensive. Around 20,000 for one Lanolin. That means 125 Lanolin costs 2,5 million AD.

Thats nuts.

Let it drop restored please. I mean we still need Vonin Blood to power it.
plat.png
Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!

Comments

• blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    I think the era of Relic gear is slowly ending. Mysterious merchant gear and new Masterwork gear are already out, there are content-unique items as well. Next wave of new gear and Relic will be totally forgotten.
    Still restored relic gear idea would be useful, if nothing else then for transmutation.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    Thats the point.

New armor will show up. To get the Voninblood is still a grind but doable but with new content it is incredible hard to restore the relic gear at all (finding groups for BHE is at least for me currently hard).
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    Next mod will have armor better than relic gear. Either grind out the lanolin or wait. Like blur said some of the mysterious merchant gear is already better.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I'm curious what pieces are better than relic at the Merchant. I've checked out a couple of guilds so far and haven't been that impressed. But I am willing to be!

MW2 armor, from what I have seen, equals Relic, but no more. For the cost of a few mill AD per piece, you no longer have to farm 'blod.

As to the OP, I am in agreement. Restoration was always a boondoggle, twice as much now. You have to work for the armor, then work to "restore" it, then work to keep it empowered. A little nuts!! I've only run MSP one time so far, but don't recall getting 'blod from it....
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    urabask said:

Next mod will have armor better than relic gear.

I sure hope so. And that the acquisition will be similar to the underdark set; do X amount of grind and pick your pieces. I'm not in a guild. And I don't do open-ended grinds for random pieces, that is if you get a piece at all. All my toons are still rocking the elemental drowcraft set. Still works for me. But maybe not after the next mod.
    edited May 2017

urabask said:

Next mod will have armor better than relic gear.

I sure hope so. And that the acquisition will be similar to the underdark set; do X amount of grind and pick your pieces. I'm not in a guild. And I don't do open-ended grinds for random pieces, that is if you get a piece at all. All my toons are still rocking the elemental drowcraft set. Still works for me. But maybe not after the next mod.
    I mean if it follows the pattern from before we had DF>Masterwork>Drowcraft so technically it could just be the same ilvl as relic gear but easier to acquire. But given that everything new seems to require restoration I'd assume it's going to be another BiS set that's a pain in the HAMSTER to restore.

I'm curious what pieces are better than relic at the Merchant. I've checked out a couple of guilds so far and haven't been that impressed. But I am willing to be!

MW2 armor, from what I have seen, equals Relic, but no more. For the cost of a few mill AD per piece, you no longer have to farm 'blod.

As to the OP, I am in agreement. Restoration was always a boondoggle, twice as much now. You have to work for the armor, then work to "restore" it, then work to keep it empowered. A little nuts!! I've only run MSP one time so far, but don't recall getting 'blod from it....

Executioner's Black Attire has the "+5% damage against enemies that aren't facing you" bonus so in boss fights where the boss typically isn't facing you it's better than relic armor. The only caveat is that well it only really matters in MSP since relic armor will still be better in FBI/MSVA and every other dungeon is a cake walk.

Guise of the Wolf clan is a helmet which has a bonus of "+2000 power when in a party" so 2516 power overall. So it's basically like Jarl's gaze with +661 def and +6747 hit points. 'Course next update we get that +30% everfrost item so Jarl's Gaze will still be better. But either is still better than a relic helmet depending on your crit/class.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I wonder if by Mod13 or so that they won't put the relic weapons and the relic armors into professions for us to be able to make them, if people will want them. That would make some sense to me, but we shall see.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Be careful what you wish for. The day they make restored relic armor, sva marks, and arcane magical writings easy to get, we're 3 months away from a level cap increase...
    edited May 2017

I wonder if by Mod13 or so that they won't put the relic weapons and the relic armors into professions for us to be able to make them, if people will want them. That would make some sense to me, but we shall see.

They're probably going to put them in lockboxes first. They started with elemental (e.g. burning) and then twisted but they still haven't allowed us to craft twisted yet. So we'll probably just get ascendant.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • thegurupandit#0671 thegurupandit Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    love to see craft twisted weapons , atleast can upgrade from buring set
    >:) Life is like a train journey. Someone gets in, someone gets off and someone switches the wagon > :)
  • andreask#1780 andreask Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    My current status is the following: I have RD weapons and Dragonflight Armor pieces. I begun the quests for relic armor and weapons, but the grinding combined to the brutal RNG seems overwhelming (I did 23+ HE in Bryhn Shander and no boots and only 2 lanolins). So I am wondering. Should I continue the campaign and get relic items as planned (as I said I have none so far) or just get the boons from the campaign and then start doing only AD farming in order to buy the masterwork items finished? What do you think would be less grind?
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    karakla1 said:

Please let drop restored Relic Armor.

Omg...no! Dont be lazy. You want relic armor? Go grinding like all the other players did.

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    AD farming for MW2 will be a long grind as well. Very long, per piece.