test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mysterious merchant

rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
did any of you find the new shirt and pant in the merchant's shop?

Comments

• asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Not in my alliance and I asked friends, regarding them. Not one of their guilds have them. I hope they made it to life.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    I'm starting to think there is a heap of items that did not make it from preview to Live.

@nitocris83 - Julia, is it possible to get info on what items did end up making it to the Mysterious Merchant? I'd rather people not be going crazy hunting for something that doesn't exist...
  • auntjimimaauntjimima Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    @nitocris83 yeah, what @confusedpoof said.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I agree as well. Treasure hunting is one thing, but snipe hunting is quite another.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    @beckylunatic

Snipe Hunting....now THAT is a grind!
    Also, I could give you one of those shirts, but I need you to go out back and fetch me a bucket of steam first.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    How many cows must I tip over to get to the steam?
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    so i m not the only one thinking those items do not exist
    Haven't seen anyone wearing one. Haven't seen anyone confirming existence. Have seen lots of people asking about it. Not one positive reply or sighting.

Cryptic cryptid.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    @nitocris83 do you know something abou it Julia?
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    LOL..they invented a new kind of grind.
  • auntjimimaauntjimima Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    They've done what no MMORPG has done before. Created a non-existent digital thing that has the presence of being real hidden behind shady RNG. A monumental feat indeed! Applause.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

I'm starting to think there is a heap of items that did not make it from preview to Live.

@nitocris83 - Julia, is it possible to get info on what items did end up making it to the Mysterious Merchant? I'd rather people not be going crazy hunting for something that doesn't exist...

Inb4 "But then the mysterious merchant wouldn't be mysterious."
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    The Mysterious Merchant event seems to be over. I couldn't find one left in our alliance. There were very few actual goods available, and fewer still worth the 20,000 GM.

If they'd put out the pants and shirts separately at 10K GM each, maybe the seller would have stayed around a bit.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

did any of you find the new shirt and pant in the merchant's shop?

RNGeezus does not love us... he just says that to get in our pants.

The Mysterious Merchant event seems to be over.

Not sure if serious. We have to build them. They last a week. Four of us (in TuxT) built it for the double guild marks event. They are expensive to summon, so the rank 20 guilds will likely build them sporadically and the less advanced guilds will see if they can afford them at least for double guild mark events.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

The Mysterious Merchant event seems to be over.

Not sure if serious. We have to build them. They last a week. Four of us (in TuxT) built it for the double guild marks event. They are expensive to summon, so the rank 20 guilds will likely build them sporadically and the less advanced guilds will see if they can afford them at least for double guild mark events.

I'm semi-serious. No one is building them currently, at least in our alliance. There were very few items available at the time. I know they can be constructed again, I just don't know if anyone will.
    For most guilds, they're going to be too costly to resummon every time it expires. Keeping a Gemcutter going means the gem cost can be paid for out of stronghold production every 3-4 weeks, for a guild like Ember that's already built all the permanent things they can. Guilds that aren't done ranking up can potentially float one only for special occasions.

I don't doubt guilds will continue summoning them, but not constantly, due to the cost.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Heh, out of everything the dudette could have sold, it's the two worst boots and probably worst pieces of gear from the vendor.
  • dzaimsdzaims Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    niadan said:

How many cows must I tip over to get to the steam?

That needs to be a stronghold HE: Cowtipping! [reminds me of the secret cow level of Diablo II]
    Ancient Spirits officer

NW-DM9Pj62ZK 'Bear with Me'
    NW-DOPPZAYKQ 'Retirement Plans'
    NW-DKJMLS8OQ 'Sleepy in Cea Tull'

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited June 2017

Well, on Preview they had Drow PVP gear, which got nerfed into Burning. They also had the Chromatic Dragon Glyph that was all of the draconic overloads in one. So, It is not a surprise that some things did not make it to Live.

A lot of the mysterious merchant gear that didn't make it to live was just re-skins of the dungeon drop gear like Cambist gauntlets or Bloodstained Shirt. Wouldn't be surprised if they were originally supposed to be MM gear but were added to dungeons because they needed something to add to the chest changes.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Mysterious Scammer more like it. Last patch was supposed to tweak rng so ppl got exited apparently and now we have 3 vendors built in our alliance. Guess what? All 3 have exactly the same wares. Black Attire & Dueling Wristguards. Same decoration items too -_- We had quite a few of them built in the past with alike results. Never seen 50k hp armor, shirts, 2k power helm. Useless happy boots most of the time. "Great" way to get rid of 80k gems for sure.