test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The summoned fire archon bandwagon vs proper companions

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    The additive damage buff from multiple archons doesn't work. The active bonus from each individual archon does. This is commonly known as having been tested and confirmed.

As for the rest of this thread, it boils down to a difference in philosophy and goals in the game. For those that min/max because they think it is required (it's not) or those who find it enjoyable, BIS is a serious consideration and debuff pets are going to be preferable. If you slaver at the thought of shaving 6.2 secs off your FBI time, have at it.

But, you can beat any content in this game with teamwork and a good party setup. Without that, no combination of FotM pets are going to carry you though end game content. Frankly, I regret that my main CW has Legendary Fire Archon, not because its less optimal, but because it's boring. My DC is rocking the uber-stylish Cockatice and I love seeing our guild runs with a mix of Aranea, Energon, etc...
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    rjc9000 said:

@dupeks, I believe debuffs work in that (Sum of Capped Debuffs) * (Capped Debuffs) = Effectiveness

If damage is assumed to be 1000, then:

1000* [(2.0) * (1 + 0.1 + 0.1 +0.1 +0.2)]
    1000 * [2*(1.5)]
    1000 * (3)

The idea still stands that the DPS Increase is for your whole team not just 1 player.

Eeek I got hasty and embarrassed myself. You're absolutely right. So. Much. Shame.

It actually makes the math even more convincing:

@ 200% capped, 50% uncapped
    1,000 * (2.0) * (1.5) = 3,000

@ 200% capped, 60% uncapped
    1,000 * (2.0) * (1.6) = 3,200

(3,200 - 3,000) / (3,000) = 0.066666 which is a 6.67% damage increase for the "worst case steady state scenario".

And best case if you have no other debuffs
    @ 100% capped, 0% uncapped
    1,000 * (1.0) * (1.0) = 1,000

@ 100% capped, 10% uncapped
    1,000 * (1.0) * (1.1) = 1,100

(1,100 - 1,000) / (1,000) = 0.1 which is the expected 10% damage increase.

Even if you are not mitigating enemy DR
    @ 40% capped, 0% capped
    1,000 * (0.4) * (1.0) = 400

@ 40% capped, 10% uncapped
    1,000 * (0.4) * (1.1) = 440

(440 - 400) / (400) = 0.1 which is still 10% damage increase.

Between no debuffs and capped debuffs, the personal damage contribution decreases from 10% to 6.67%.

That also means that apart from proc speed / uptime, sword trio debuff companions provide better _personal_ damage boost than fire archon too.
  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User

@sadus671

Even though the tooltips read as

Fire Archon- Increases your damage against targets with less than 50% Hit Points by +4/5/7%" for Fire Archon.

Combined with

Air Archons- Increases your damage against targets not at full health by +2.0/3.0/5.0%. Each additional active Archon increases this bonus by .5%

Earth Archon- Increases your damage against targets by +3/4/6% when you are at full health. Each additional active Archon increases this by .5%

I'm not sure if the damage is increased but rather the defense/resistance is reduced. Which would give the illusion of an increase in damage. I only have a fire archon so I can not test a combination but in theory this seems most logical.

It's been confirmed that the damage increases in the tool tip are not currently working.

I'll see if I can dig up a thread / post that details the testing validation. (I'll edit my post when I find it)
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    The average player also does not generally consider party impact when choosing the summoned companion.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

The average player also does not generally consider party impact when choosing the summoned companion.

That might be true, but maybe the average player should :)

Regardless, some of the discussion is trying to show that even for personal dps the debuff companions are strictly better than fire archon (or any damage pet, for that matter)

At least until debuffs get reworked.

The debuffs are being discussed and a wide scale nerf or fix is in progress. It has been confirmed

They did confirm that they intend to take a look at this.

They didn't tell us when, and they didn't spell out what they plan to do about it. And it's not all that clear to me that they are planning a wide scale nerf. Sure there's probably a rework in the pipeline, but the intended result isn't clear at this point in time.

Here's the quote I think is most relevant (from rgutscheradev but I didn't want to ping him):
    dev snip said:

If players find something fun, then even if it's working in a way that wasn't intended, it can be good to keep it. But if something is really mistaken, it needs to be fixed.

The part that's fun (well, for the people engaging in this system, which is probably a minority of the player base, although it is a lot of people on this thread!) is figuring out which of these debuffs to use and which not to use. And I agree it's not fundamentally broken from a balance or overall power level point of view.

But what is bad is that it's so ridiculously opaque. There's just a list of things that work one way, and another list of things that work a different way, with no rhyme or reason to it. That's bad. People should be able to make sense of things. Also, it's not fun to find out that your particular power/enhancement/companion/gizmo isn't doing anything for you because of some totally mysterious reasons.

However, figuring out the right way to have everything work isn't obvious.

• Should everything be completely uncapped? That sounds really dangerous.
    • Should everything be capped? That will make all of you very sad, I think.
    • Maybe everything should be capped, but the cap should be raised a lot. By how much?
    • Maybe some things should be capped, and others shouldn't, but there should be some logical pattern to it. What should the pattern be? And probably the cap should be raised or lowered once that's been sorted out. In which direction, and by how much?
    • Other options include things like stack groups or diminishing returns (how exactly these should work is even less obvious).
    In the time we had for these M11 enchantment changes (which, remember, started out as "buff Flaming and Barkshield"!), I don't think we could have gotten to a good solution to the overall debuff stacking issue. So that will have to wait. In the meantime, I think it makes more sense to do nothing (with the debuff stacking issues) rather than make some temporary tweak that would then change again when we did the real thing.

But at some point I would like to improve this system so it makes a bit more sense.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12930349
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    @thefiresidecat

- It is not manipulative language, it's called being straightforward so expressing things exactly how I think them, if in your culture that's seen as incorrect and you get sensitive about it I can't nor will do anything about it, deal with it, arc.com users won't adjust their writing styles etc to please you, you need to get off your high horse. If having people that express in ways other than yours or what you deem "normal" according to your culture etc bothers you then the forums of this game may not be good for you. Whenever you access to arc.com you need to keep in mind NW has players from all over the world, you can't expect everyone to express in ways you want them to, it isn't going to happen. I think I understand how you see my posts as I have seen myself writing styles I don't like either but, unlike you, I do understand "normal" is different to people from different backgrounds and I accept it no problem.

- If not possible to get the gear for sellsword/rebel mercenary the con artist is a viable companion, the Legendary Outlaws fbi run proves it. Check @thefabricant 's post on this thread, this page as well. You seem to be really underestimating how much Consumed by battle increases dps.

- Your "me me me" comment was very ironic considering it was you the one who went that "me me me" route when making a fire archon your summoned companion, it boosts your perfomance only whereas the summoned companions of both my tac GF (dancing shield and con artist, I summon either depending on whether the team has the former) and my SW (who's HB by the way) do increase my teammates dps too rather than only my own.

- What you like/have doesn't equal to best in slot, I explained it already and you disregarded it entirely. Fire archon may be the best for the gear you have, but that doesn't make it best in slot, it is mathetically impossible and Sharp proved it, if you disagree feel free to try prove @thefabricant wrong, good luck with that. Stating something in cap latters doesn't make any more valid, you could say that fire archon is best for what you currently have but that doesn't equal best in slot as it's a very specific thing. Best for you doesn't equal best in slot, slot is a big term there.

- Nowhere on this thread I have stated I'm struggling to clear content, check it out again in case you misunderstood something.
    Post edited by jaime4312#3760 on
    edited May 2017
    @beckylunatic I think I see your point but mine does stand, I'm just expressing myself in the way it's done in my culture, it is way too straighforward and honest and that can HAMSTER people off, I think it bothers mostly people from English speaking countries but as it is the way I am and I didn't meant to insult anyone I see no harm to do it. Sure, I have no problem saying that I'm sorry if someone felt offended but I won't go beyond that, no offence was meant from my end.

The guys I met and run with in NW (American, Polish and German) all express in a similar way to mine and 2 of them (especially the German) are a lot more straightforward than I am, he's brutally honest (as in saying everything as he thinks about it,like "omg you died you #$#%#$23!!") and we have yet to have a problem, that's because we understand that "normal" is something different to people from different backgrounds and it is natural to interact with like-minded people, just like @rjc9000 agreed with your statement (me being disrespectful) and the aforementioned indidviduals and other people as well would agree with mine. You're judging me from your perspective, what you deem "normal" and correct in your culture which seems to be English-related or something similar, culture in which compared to mine and German, from our perspective it is way too soft and kind of fake yet I don't ask people to write in x or y way.

Now you see what I mean? Just keep in mind there are people from all over the world here, you shouldn't call "disrecpectul" someone who communicates in a way you aren't used to :)

I think I expressed my point of view in a clear way, try to be more open-minded please guys, not everyone has your same background, as long as no offence is meant try not be so sensitive and be patient with people from other cultures :smile: Peace guys :)
    edited May 2017
    @thefiresidecat one of the points of this thread was to show and prove why uncapped debuff companions are significantly better than fire archon and pretty much all other alternatives as they objectively give a great bonus not only to the summoner but the whole group, in that sense the FA slows the team down. It woulb objectively better for everyone if they use the aforementioned companions, and that's why it was tried with this thread both to show endgame palyers how they can achieve greater dps and those who are still wondering what their summoned companion should be are being given proof why uncapped debuff companions are what they should go after.

But well, at the end of the day it's up to people what to do with NW-related info and their ad as well, everyone can take those things as they will, like I told Becky, that often results in relating with like-minded people, I know I love to team up with people who have sellsword/rebel mercenar/con artist and dancing shield as summoned :)

No, I am not blaming anyone for any lack of dps, my SW is my alt and when I run it everything can happen, outdpsing, getting outdpsed, it doesn't matter and that's why she's HB (with power of nine hells) instead of soulbinder, I like helping teammates to hit harder :) just like 2 days ago this GWF was doing over twice my damage in fbi (4 people including myself buffing him to the moon) and we all had good laughs and certainly a lot of fun seeing him murdering everything, I pm'ed him and congratulated him for having that damage output and yes, his summoned companion is an uncapped debuff one, the con artist :)

My "beef" (if by that you mean "gripe") with many guides up to date recommending fire archon as summoned and worse, stating is best in slot (it isn't by any means, not even close) is that stops people from having the great dps boost from uncapped companions and as those guides are followed in a pretty copy pasta way a lot of people ends up missing their dps potential and once they are picked up randomly (like zone/looking for group channel) even though the runs can go still pretty smooth, it doesn't feel right it could have been done better had the group member have an uncapped debuff companion.

I think this reply should help you understand my point of view on summoned companions :)
    Guys this thread already ran its course, I won't please anyone by expressing myself in a way I normally wouldn't, if you took offence with my posts I can't do much about it, I meant no offence and just expressed what I thought, thanks for the help to those who did. Peace.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited May 2017

@beckylunatic I think I see your point but mine does stand, I'm just expressing myself in the way it's done in my culture, it is way too straighforward and honest and that can HAMSTER people off, I think it bothers mostly people from English speaking countries but as it is the way I am and I didn't meant to insult anyone I see no harm to do it. Sure, I have no problem saying that I'm sorry if someone felt offended but I won't go beyond that, no offence was meant from my end.

The guys I met and run with in NW (American, Polish and German) all express in a similar way to mine and 2 of them (especially the German) are a lot more straightforward than I am, he's brutally honest (as in saying everything as he thinks about it,like "omg you died you #$#%#$23!!") and we have yet to have a problem, that's because we understand that "normal" is something different to people from different backgrounds and it is natural to interact with like-minded people, just like @rjc9000 agreed with your statement (me being disrespectful) and the aforementioned indidviduals and other people as well would agree with mine. You're judging me from your perspective, what you deem "normal" and correct in your culture which seems to be English-related or something similar, culture in which compared to mine and German, from our perspective it is way too soft and kind of fake yet I don't ask people to write in x or y way.

Now you see what I mean? Just keep in mind there are people from all over the world here, you shouldn't call "disrecpectul" someone who communicates in a way you aren't used to :)

I think I expressed my point of view in a clear way, try to be more open-minded please guys, not everyone has your same background, as long as no offence is meant try not be so sensitive and be patient with people from other cultures :smile: Peace guys :)

I like being brutally honest, because for one thing, subtlety isn't my style.

But, the thing is, you u can't force someone to understand something. As much as I'd like to transmit my understanding of GF to newbies, I can't. I can only reveal my thoughts through writing and speaking, and hoping that people understand.

Trying to browbeat people into understanding something is pointless.

(Why the hell is my philsophy skill coming now and not in class????)

edited May 2017
    @rjc9000 you have always helped me whenever you can and I respect you very much, that's the reason I came back to this thread once more to reply to you.

I am not forcing people to understand, I'm just stating that there are things that will be seen and taken differently depending on people's culture (example, how people here think of me as disrespectful and how people somewhere else don't at all) and I'm simply pointing that out so it can be kept in mind, that's all bro :) Take care and good luck with phylosophy class xD :)

I am not browbeating people into understanding anything, the issue is perspective, I'm too disrespectful from yours guys and from mine you are getting me wrong and too personally, like I said several times, peace guys :)
  • mcgwarfacemcgwarface Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    This is why I run w guildes only for the most part or low level PUGs. Nobody really cares -----sometimes we go fast and sometimes slow depending on dungeon, composition and IL.

We try to have fun while we are playing. If people are getting angry, maybe games are less of an outlet to them and more of a chore that they feel must be accomplished in a certain way/speed.

I try not to run in high level PUGs for this reason. I do my best to help teams but I despise elitism.

It is, after all, a game and should be treated as such. Nothing wrong w min/maxing as long as you are not an A Hole in chat to others.....who dont.

That said, I still love my FA .....and my Con Artist ;)
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

@thefiresidecat one of the points of this thread was to show and prove why uncapped debuff companions are significantly better than fire archon and pretty much all other alternatives as they objectively give a great bonus not only to the summoner but the whole group, in that sense the FA slows the team down. It woulb objectively better for everyone if they use the aforementioned companions, and that's why it was tried with this thread both to show endgame palyers how they can achieve greater dps and those who are still wondering what their summoned companion should be are being given proof why uncapped debuff companions are what they should go after.

But well, at the end of the day it's up to people what to do with NW-related info and their ad as well, everyone can take those things as they will, like I told Becky, that often results in relating with like-minded people, I know I love to team up with people who have sellsword/rebel mercenar/con artist and dancing shield as summoned :)

No, I am not blaming anyone for any lack of dps, my SW is my alt and when I run it everything can happen, outdpsing, getting outdpsed, it doesn't matter and that's why she's HB (with power of nine hells) instead of soulbinder, I like helping teammates to hit harder :) just like 2 days ago this GWF was doing over twice my damage in fbi (4 people including myself buffing him to the moon) and we all had good laughs and certainly a lot of fun seeing him murdering everything, I pm'ed him and congratulated him for having that damage output and yes, his summoned companion is an uncapped debuff one, the con artist :)

My "beef" (if by that you mean "gripe") with many guides up to date recommending fire archon as summoned and worse, stating is best in slot (it isn't by any means, not even close) is that stops people from having the great dps boost from uncapped companions and as those guides are followed in a pretty copy pasta way a lot of people ends up missing their dps potential and once they are picked up randomly (like zone/looking for group channel) even though the runs can go still pretty smooth, it doesn't feel right it could have been done better had the group member have an uncapped debuff companion.

I think this reply should help you understand my point of view on summoned companions :)

I'm done its like talking to a wall. :)http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/087/536/1292102239519.gif

@rjc9000 you have always helped me whenever you can and I respect you very much, that's the reason I came back to this thread once more to reply to you.

I am not forcing people to understand, I'm just stating that there are things that will be seen and taken differently depending on people's culture (example, how people here think of me as disrespectful and how people somewhere else don't at all) and I'm simply pointing that out so it can be kept in mind, that's all bro :) Take care and good luck with phylosophy class xD :)

I am not browbeating people into understanding anything, the issue is perspective, I'm too disrespectful from yours guys and from mine you are getting me wrong and too personally, like I said several times, peace guys :)

it's not a language barrier. it's a word choice problem you seem quiet fluent to me and quite in command of your meanings and phraseology. but you don't seem to understand what we're calling out here. it's neutral vs emotionally laden. you are making your arguments by putting value judgements into them. if someone agrees with you they are a good person. if they disagree they are a bad person. this is the problem. If you left that out of your argument no one would have a problem with it. things you like get flowery positive adverbs things you like get hateful overly negative ones.

when really at the end of the day the difference is NOT THAT HUGE. we're not talking hours here. we're probably not even talking half hours. we're talking min max which isn't that big a deal. the archon is a fine choice. the sellsword is a fine choice as is the conartist. (ect, ) but only if you have the right gear for them. there is NOTHING wrong with people choosing something other than what you dictate to be the best and it isn't going to cause a run to be worse than another run by any great margin. Personally I'd lose 6620 in attack stats alone not counting the stats on the companion gear itself if I were to switch to the sellsword. my dps would not take a small hit.. it would take a pretty huge one. by the time I managed to grind away the right gear it will be nerfed lol. I don't think people are blindly following guides as far as which pets are best. I think people are doing what works for them. the archon is a good solid dependable companion which isn't op and therefore not due for a nerf any time soon which makes it a solid choice. getting a pet to legendary is expensive and it does make a difference for a summoned companion because the stats will be higher on it. yea you don't absolutely have to have a legendary pet summoned but if you have one why would you want to use a different one. I'd want what ever I have summoned at legendary personally. Whereas with something like the sellsword you have to have it summoned for the benefits and as soon as it's nerfed it's probably going to be back to the stable for it. it has a terrible active bonus. Worse than the wererat. In the mean time people will have literally spend millions on it. getting it to purple or legendary. getting the right gear for it.. yeah it's the IT pet.. For now.. but a lot of us have been slapped enough by this game to realize that and not jump on the new pet of the month bandwagon. that's why you still see armies of air and fire archons. and that's why you're going to continue to see armies of them. Most people are just fine with "good enough"

My money goes into enchants. those are stable. and I still need a lot more 12's. I'd much rather have a lot of r12s than a pet that's going to be nerfed at some point because too many people are using it that I do not have proper gear for.

not every run has to be a worlds record speed run and the more of those done the FASTER your favorite pet will be Nerfed. heck we're about to have another pet of the month nerfed I think it already hit pc.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

Keep in mind, when we use things that are in "their" opinion broken, and we as a community make videos of how great we are for one shooting heads in Tiamat or one shooting Drufi, they take stuff away from us. Just look at what they did to the High Prophet Cleric and the power share. I get it, 15 min runs of FBI are hot! But the fact that content designed to be difficult is now a cake walk, they always pull our collars and nerf the things we show boat on. Just because someone wants to make a show off livestream or a YouTube vid about how great they are.

Who in their right mind watches videos of someone else having fun? That takes time away from actually playing.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

Keep in mind, when we use things that are in "their" opinion broken, and we as a community make videos of how great we are for one shooting heads in Tiamat or one shooting Drufi, they take stuff away from us. Just look at what they did to the High Prophet Cleric and the power share. I get it, 15 min runs of FBI are hot! But the fact that content designed to be difficult is now a cake walk, they always pull our collars and nerf the things we show boat on. Just because someone wants to make a show off livestream or a YouTube vid about how great they are.

/sign...well spoken!

• diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I'm not sure why people love archons.

I'm a noob when it comes to neverwinter maths, but as a dps SW, it seemed to me from the very begining that the Con Artist was the best option for me.

For many reasons
    - easier to get good rings than good necklace or belt.
    - the 10% debuff stacks with otherscon artists in party
    - under 3,5k, you may not have enought defense for endgame. I prefer do less damage and stay alive than do more damage but if you die a lot you dont dps while dead...
    - he goes straight to the ennemis givinge time to cast my spells. The archon stay at range and i take the aggro when playing solo.

My con artist is still blue, i don't care if he's down a lot, while he's on the ground, i still benefit bondings.

So i use archons earth, air and fire and owlbear cub as passives and con artist as active.

BUT i prefer things staying like they are, many different companions used by players.
    From my little experience, when too much players use the same build mechanic or same gear, it gets nerfed.

So let them use archons as active so they'll dont touch our debuff pets xD

I come across many warlocks with higher Ilvl than me that are pissed off by my output dps as i have less than 20k raw power and.. what a surprise, most of them use archons and stack power before arm pen xD
    Post edited by diloul31 on
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    It is a personal choice, if you run an archon or a sellsword.

With a archon you cripple your personal dps and group dps, but compared to the other players your dps is higher, bc everyone benfits from the sellswords debuff and you are the only one getting the archons buff. So in the end you will stand higher in the paingiver charts.

Is it the smart move for a fast run, imo no. Is it the choice of most players, yes.

I had similar talks with friends owning HV or HP set. Using it lowered your personal dps, compared to other players, but made the runs faster. I did got pmed by random players, asking, if I am stupid running a BIS CW with HV set. I told them, that he is BIS bc of the set. Some understood it, many did not.

I dont think, that OP wants to berate other players or shame them into using other pets. He wants them to make an informed choice. Ofc the choice is still their own.

I never forced my opinion on other players, but when I was asked, to share my opinion, I was as blunt as the OP. As I said, we had this argument regarding HV set. My final statement was, in a good group with other dps HV is the smart choice and other gear is the ego noobs choice. In following arguments regarding sellsword, builds etc. my friends concluded on their own, 'ok, I get it, this is the smart choice and this is the ego noob choice', even if they did not follow my arguments and did use other companions, builds etc. I did never disrespect them or wanted to insult them. I like them and I accept their choice, no matter the fact, that I dont share it.

The only thing you can do is inform your fellow players and help them make an informed decision. If it is the same decision I would have made is not relevant.

One last thing, there are many players with better knowledge about this games mechanics, then I have. I am grateful for their help and information. The information's value is the same, regardless if it is delivered blunt or in cotton candy.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    asterotg said:

My final statement was, in a good group with other dps HV is the smart choice and other gear is the ego noobs choice. .

My statement allways was: Every group with ole sets is a noob group. I hope thats okay to say so.
    BTT:
    Im glad to loose some personel dps as a GWF and the group dps is higher and makes dungeons faster/bosses easier. Thats why i use sellsword instead of archon

edited May 2017
    asterotg said:

It is a personal choice, if you run an archon or a sellsword.

With a archon you cripple your personal dps and group dps, but compared to the other players your dps is higher, bc everyone benfits from the sellswords debuff and you are the only one getting the archons buff. So in the end you will stand higher in the paingiver charts.

Is it the smart move for a fast run, imo no. Is it the choice of most players, yes.

I dont think, that OP wants to berate other players or shame them into using other pets. He wants them to make an informed choice. Ofc the choice is still their own.

I never forced my opinion on other players, but when I was asked, to share my opinion, I was as blunt as the OP. As I said, we had this argument regarding HV set.

One last thing, there are many players with better knowledge about this games mechanics, then I have. I am grateful for their help and information. The information's value is the same, regardless if it is delivered blunt or in cotton candy.

@asterotg this so much this. It's good to see at least 1 person (you) gets it and it's called culture. In some cultures people tend to express in a blunt way (mine and my friends' both irl and NW, may be seen as rude) and in others in cotton candy (cat, becky, litaeers and rjc, may be seen and be felt as fake, this is my case and that of people I insteract with) and not accepting that is quite narrow-minded. Cap letter spam (firecat's posts) is very disrespectful in my culture but I didn't ask nor expect him not to write like that (unlike him, litaeers, becky and rjc) as I understand it's seen as normal by him and in his background.

Back on topic good sir, yes, it would be good if people give those uncapped debuff companions a shot, some may keep them as their summoned one :)
    Post edited by jaime4312#3760 on