test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone else have exp with semi-hybrid builds?

wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
I have an interesting one at the moment. Did the usual Trapper up to Master Trapper but dropped Ancient Roots and Serpents Bite. Figured Constricting Arrow is my only roots dealer so AR wont lose too much.

Now i put 15 points into the Combat Tree so I gain back the lost Crit from Serpents Bite, for melee Encounters, plus that 5% Life Steal. Then i put 2 points into Skirmishers Gambit for 20% Crit Severity (for 4% Crit cost), the other 3 points into Lucky Blades... 100% proc time for 9% extra Encounter damage. It's working out quite well... still only have 70-80% crit in combat mind you, so Owlbear Active fills a gap whilst I work on improving that.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what is the greater damage out put than what sometimes, wish I had a PC and ACT :(
Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
Alts :
Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe

Comments

• Options
    mattmonroemattmonroe Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

I have an interesting one at the moment. Did the usual Trapper up to Master Trapper but dropped Ancient Roots and Serpents Bite. Figured Constricting Arrow is my only roots dealer so AR wont lose too much.

Now i put 15 points into the Combat Tree so I gain back the lost Crit from Serpents Bite, for melee Encounters, plus that 5% Life Steal. Then i put 2 points into Skirmishers Gambit for 20% Crit Severity (for 4% Crit cost), the other 3 points into Lucky Blades... 100% proc time for 9% extra Encounter damage. It's working out quite well... still only have 70-80% crit in combat mind you, so Owlbear Active fills a gap whilst I work on improving that.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what is the greater damage out put than what sometimes, wish I had a PC and ACT :(

You don't use plant growth? That's a root dealer as well. Seems like a lot of damage to lose not using them.

Also, I'm in your alliance. Hit me up if you want to run tests or anything. I'm a 4.3K Combat. (toon name: e x i l e)
  • Options
    wdj40 said:

I forgot to mention that 9% extra Encounter damage works out nice for Gushing, PG, CoA and Constricting... which hit hard when buffed with AotS, Longstriders and Master Trapper etc :)
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    wdj40 said:

thorned roots tick only 3 times without ancient roots
  • Options
    wdj40 said:

wdj40 said:

I forgot to mention that 9% extra Encounter damage works out nice for Gushing, PG, CoA and Constricting... which hit hard when buffed with AotS, Longstriders and Master Trapper etc :)
    plant growth does not apply ancient roots and thorned roots
  • Options
    rayrdan said:

wdj40 said:

thorned roots tick only 3 times without ancient roots
    Yeah I know, but in a rotation with LS/GW>CAr/SB>CoA/PG the only Root applier is Constricting Arrow, plus a rotation through all Ranged & Melee attacks does not take very long, thus applying Constricting again.

The main damage dealers for me are Gushing, PG and Careful attack I think. Gushing & PG benefit from the increased Encounter damage instead, as do all the rest of them, I am at 102% Crit Sev + Trans Dread.
    rayrdan said:

wdj40 said:

wdj40 said:

plant growth does not apply ancient roots and thorned roots
    Yup I know, I meant it benefits from Lucky Blades instead :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    edited May 2017

wdj40 said:

You don't use plant growth? That's a root dealer as well. Seems like a lot of damage to lose not using them.

Also, I'm in your alliance. Hit me up if you want to run tests or anything. I'm a 4.3K Combat. (toon name: e x i l e)
    Yeah I do now its fixed, see my posts below yours :)

Sure dude I am always up for some runs, I'm still only 3.8k lol, I spend all my in-game earnings on Companions, Rydia is supposed to be a Summoner after all :)
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    ye sorry i wanted to answer to mattmonroe who said "PG is a root dealer as well"
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    Have you given any thought to passing over SG and LB to put four in PB and 1 in WM? Sitting at 100% CS + weapenchant (dread)...
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • Options

Have you given any thought to passing over SG and LB to put four in PB and 1 in WM? Sitting at 100% CS + weapenchant (dread)...

That is impossible.

PB is at the 20 point invested mark. To get that you would have to drop the Master Trapper Capstone which is huge.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    without act the best we can do is to run the same content with the same people. see if you can't get some guildies together to run with you two days in a row. first day run your current set up then respec back to trapper and run the same things you ran the day before and see how it compares.
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    Well, if you can double proc MT then yeah, giving up a lot. Otherwise...
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon