test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shroud of Souls Preview Patch Notes: NW.80.20170417a.12 (Updated May 17)

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Edit 2017-05-12 at ~18:20 PDT (UTC-7): The .9 build is now on the NeverwinterPreview shard. There's only one change from NW.80.20170417a.8, in light blue text below.
Edit 2017-05-16 at ~17:15 PDT (UTC-7): The .11 build is now on the NeverwinterPreview shard. The changes from the .9 build are in light green text below.
Edit 2017-05-17 at ~16:50 PDT (UTC-7): The .12 build is now on the NeverwinterPreview shard. The changes from the .11 build are basically nonexistent (fixed the Castle Never chest), and per a comment later in this thread, I updated the Dungeon Chest note to be more clear. Thanks for the feedback, and sorry for the confusion!

Release Notes
Content and Environment
General
  • Sea of Moving Ice: Runestead once again gives the proper rewards.
  • The Dungeon Chest changes introduced in a previous module are once again working as expected.

Items and Economy
Mounts
  • The Aberrant Drake now has a valid icon.

User Interface
Loadouts
  • Certain character classes no longer unexpectedly receive instant automatic respecs when duplicating a Loadout.

Graphics and Visuals
  • Certain objects now properly fade when they are between the player and the camera.

Performance and Stability
General
  • Certain crashes in the graphics system have been fixed, but we're still investigating the "Device Removed" crash.
  • A change has been put into place that may help better investigate the "Device Removed" crash.
  • The logging for certain crash reports, such as DirectX (Device Removed and Out of Memory included) crashes and certain audio crashes, has been improved. This should also help investigate the "Device Removed" crash.
  • Further iteration on this logging has been made in the .11 build.

EDIT:
We're still making the "Device Removed" crash one of our highest priority items. An absolute best case scenario would be that some of the surrounding crash fixes allow some affected players to get back into the game, but that may just be wishful thinking. These fixes should hopefully help us get closer to the issue, though.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• fernandoeliseifernandoelisei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    @terramak first, you is so amazing interact with ppl, WE LOVE your feedback.

Second: My PC is
    I3, 4gb ram, windows 7 64, AMD Radeon R7 260X. i Run the game in full graphics, BUT, if i enable Shadows, the game crash. I run any content without shadows enable and theres no problem, but if i enable shadows, my game crash.

A friend my have a notebook, WITHOUT VGA, and after mod 11.B, she's cant play, she log, catch the VIP keys and the game crash "device removed". Theres some ETA for fix this ? maybe this thursday ? Again, thanks for the interaction with us, poor mortals, you is amazing.
    (Sorry my bad english, i'm Brazilian).

Thanks
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    @fernandoelisei - I'm a mortal too, hahah. I just happen to work here.

In any case... Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA for a fix. We want to fix this issue as soon as possible, and are doing our best to make that happen.

I'll try to look up your crash. If you have the NeverwinterPreview server version updated, I might be able to more easily find the crash report if you crash again.

Obrigado!
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I will resume patiently waiting. Thank you for the updates @terramak

Update from trying Preview:

I ran around Bryn Shander killing mobs on my DC no problem.

I moved into Protectors Enclave, Ran into the side of the stairs while on my mount and got the above crash. I was able to reproduce the same type of crash when some rude Neverwinter Commoner Shoved me in PE. Additonal Note. There were some neverwinter commoners that appeared to be INVISIBLE. Like, all I could see was the weird green wire outline of where they were supposed to be but otherwise they were transparent.

ETID: 104079683

Next I tried the Stronghold. I was walking around inside near the vendors and I was headed out the front door when this crash happened.

Next I got the same crash as above killing nashers in River District.

Post edited by bitt3rnightmar3 on
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

@bitt3rnightmar3 - Thanks a ton for the updates. I'll make sure the folks looking into the issue see this information.
    terramak said:

@bitt3rnightmar3 - Thanks a ton for the updates. I'll make sure the folks looking into the issue see this information.

Hey, if it helps me get back to playing with my friends it's worth my time :)

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    @bitt3rnightmar3 if you haven't already, it might be helpful if you could post your system specs (processor, graphics card, memory). I think terramak mentioned they are currently pursuing something about Intel integrated graphics or something Intel-related complication if you have a dedicated graphics card.

Sorry to jump in just trying to see this resolved. I'm grateful my game appears to be stable for now.
    dupeks said:

@bitt3rnightmar3 if you haven't already, it might be helpful if you could post your system specs (processor, graphics card, memory). I think terramak mentioned they are currently pursuing something about Intel integrated graphics or something Intel-related complication if you have a dedicated graphics card.

Sorry to jump in just trying to see this resolved. I'm grateful my game appears to be stable for now.

I sent all that to him in a forum mail. I didn't want to clutter the forums with it. :3 If for some reason you guys want to see that goop I'll post it but yeah I have an integrated Intel HD graphics card.

--

• cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Good Day @terramak in terms of the fix for intel graphics you mentioned in terms of rendering and loading were they were they implemented in this build ?
    They were sadly not implemented in this build; we're still investigating. It's worth logging in once to check if we lucked out and managed to hit a case that you were running into, though, because even if it crashes, the information that we get from it will still be useful in the investigation.
    edited May 2017
    I hope it's alright @terramak , but since I can't play I figure I'll try to crash my game in as many and various ways as possible to try to help you guys #science this problem. Just call me a Crash Test Dummie. xD All testing of crashes that I'm listing are on the LIVE server. If I need to try preview, tell me. The CS says I should try to crash in various places so on that note.....

I was using Relmyna@bitt3rnightmar3 My DC :)

Here goes my #science:

Crash Test#1: Neverdeath Graveyard. ETID#104261313 8:10-8:19pm EST

I was killing zombies over in the graveyard area across the bridge. Jumping around triumphantly after slaying level 20 something zombies is apparently an offense against the game gods. I got the following:

Crash test #2: Black Lake District ETID#104261313 8:25pm- 8:30pm EST

Humbled by my smiting I decided to Force Verify all my files, mostly because the game said so. I use VIP to port out of Neverdeath to Black Lake. I got on my mount (Neverwinter Charger from the siege event) and rode around the first area of Black lake. Before I got to the covered bridge I got this error:

Crash test#3: Pirate's Skyhold ETID#104261313 8:33pm -8:35pm EST

I used my VIP to port again. I got on my mount and didn't even make it off the boat.

Crash test#4: Mt. Hotenow ETID#104261313 8:50-8:54pm EST

I force verified all falls again because the game told me to and then I used VIP to port to mt hotenow and crashed right after I loaded.

Crash test #5 Rothe Valley Mt Hotenow 2.0 ETID#104261313 9:00pm - 9:04pm EST

Well, I tried to load the game and now I'm stuck in Mt. Hotenow. :| I crashed as my character was loading into mt hotenow. I think I remember why I used to call this place Mt. Hate Now. :x

--

Thanks for sending us all that data - I've forwarded it to the folks in charge of investigating, and I think that should bring us to the limit of the information we can glean from your computer's setup. Hopefully it'll help us get to the bottom of this.
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    @terramak unfortunately still having the blurs havent tried to see the moving walls of warmakers camp in sharandar but will try and keep you up to date
  • zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    BUG:

@terramak. Sir, i have a bug question for you.

Can you confirm if this is a bug, intentional or am i missing something.

The top two tasks on the Cloaked Ascendancy Campaign uses 100 tokens per use. But it uses ALL and still give me only 3 boxes.

Example:

- Last week I used 400+ on the top task and everything was used not 100. Since, i'm not very familiar with the campaign, I just scratched it off.
    - Today I used nearly 500 on the left task by running the task ONCE. But it only gave 3 measly boxes.

So, if I have 100, I get 3 boxes? If I have 400 it will give the same? Bug?

Tia
  • kaudilhokaudilho Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Any news about group forming bug @terramak? Sometimes there is 2 groups in a dungeon, of 3 and 2 ppl , don't even talk about pvp bug when u can get group of 5 ppl of the same class. Accept/decline queque dialog window doesn't ask u anymore if u want to go or not, u can q, go afk for 1 munite and find yourself at the campfire of some dangeon u q'ed 5 minutes ago.
    Harding Grim
    Guild:
    Dragon Server-Essence of Aggression
    Drider Server- TheWolves
    youtube channel
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    kaudilho said:

Any news about group forming bug @terramak? Sometimes there is 2 groups in a dungeon, of 3 and 2 ppl , don't even talk about pvp bug when u can get group of 5 ppl of the same class. Accept/decline queque dialog window doesn't ask u anymore if u want to go or not, u can q, go afk for 1 munite and find yourself at the campfire of some dangeon u q'ed 5 minutes ago.

Other queue related bugs I have seen:

#1 Get kicked from the queue (not the group, just the queue) without a popup. This often happens in pvp immediately after you have been matched.
    #2 Your party starts forming when the queue pops, and then is destroyed after declining. This behavior seems new, and odd.
    #3 Your party starts forming after entering but says "[Error] Failed." Your party still forms properly.
    #4 Your party cannot seem to stay together, and you get spammed with "[Error] Failed." The party is repeatedly destroyed and recreated the whole time.
    #5 You never get into the party, but are in the dungeon with the others. Causes serious issues.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If it helps, there is a seemingly harmless bug where you arrive in the instance properly but get the error message, "[YOUR CHARACTER] is already in a party." I've seen this in both dungeons and raids/trials.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    zerappus said:

I really don't think this is a bug. You are expected to actually monitor those tasks and run them as soon as you can after the meter fills.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User

zerappus said:

I really don't think this is a bug. You are expected to actually monitor those tasks and run them as soon as you can after the meter fills.

I'm pretty sure the only bug is that it allows you to go over 100 points, causing this confusion.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    1 funny thing about pvp, sometimes when i get it i see the message "You lose" or you lost....well that loose one. The game is so advanced it already knows what a mess my team is xD

Gene Wilder's rendition of Willy Wonka must have snuck into the queue code.
    edited May 2017
    terramak said:

Gene Wilder's rendition of Willy Wonka must have snuck into the queue code.

LMAO If Willy Wonka is in the queue code, Mortal Kombat must be happening between my GPU and the game. So many fatalities!

Todays ETID: 104261313

--

ROFL, nice. Thanks for keeping a good sense of humor in such a frustrating situation.

We're testing a .9 build that should go to Preview in ~30-60 minutes, and hang out there over the weekend. This won't fix the crashes, but we're making some changes to hopefully provide better crash reporting. We're hoping that an extra crash or two on Preview once the .9 is up will get us some more delicious data.
    edited May 2017
    terramak said:

We're hoping that an extra crash or two on Preview once the .9 is up will get us some more delicious data.

You got it!

I'll do some more crashing for fun when preview is back up. Thanks! :*

--

Hah! The shard is now back up.
    terramak said:

Hah! The shard is now back up.

I'm not sure what you changed.. but in trying to get on preview to test/crash the game it completely froze up when trying to send an error report so I wasn't actually able to submit anything to you guys to let you know what went wrong. I was in river district last with my preview character and I was dead *big surprise*.. so when I respawned I was near a campfire. I walked to the vendor to buy some kits and crashed immediately. This happened 3 times in a row. I did not get the device hung error but I had to manually end the game's application through window's task manager.

--

• zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User

zerappus said:

I'm pretty sure the only bug is that it allows you to go over 100 points, causing this confusion.
    Is that so? Then i'm out of at the very least 1.2k whatchamacallit unused tokens. Ty @darthtzarr & @beckylunatic.
    Unfortunately, I can't check atm due to Cryptic's, eh shall we say,

egregious, haphazardly enforced, self-inflictedly unforced error. Aka, cross your fingers for Cryptic's classic, routine, Mea Culpa soon.

edited May 2017
    New update. We're not out of the woods yet as far as the Device Removed crashes are concerned, but hopefully people who started hard locking with the .9 build can get crash popups again.
    edited May 2017
    terramak said:

New update. We're not out of the woods yet as far as the Device Removed crashes are concerned, but hopefully people who started hard locking with the .9 build can get crash popups again.

I have a feeling this isn't supposed to happen this way? I just got this error from my error on Preview server.

EDIT:

I tried it a few more times and it finally successfully reported.

ETID: 104292962

1. I loaded into protectors enclave, Rotated the camera a bit and then crashed.
    2. I loaded into River District, Jumped around and cast Divine Glow then crashed.

--

• vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    No Insignia donation fix yet :open_mouth:
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    "The Dungeon Chest changes introduced in a previous module are now reinstated"

Does it mean we can (again) decline the rewards from the chests ?

Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
This discussion has been closed.