test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What NEW Realms Inspired Mount would you like to see next?

Comments

• Options
    demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I would love to see a Flying (Hovering) Broom mount. To be fully honest, I have a female CW and think it would be utter cool to have a Broom mount. Mounted side-saddle would be cool over the 'Harry Potter' seating... ;-)
    Post edited by demenoss#9306 on
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    It's Halloween in what, two weeks? Your timing hasn't left them long to work on it ;)
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    armadeonx said:

It's Halloween in what, two weeks? Your timing hasn't left them long to work on it ;)

I have been asking for months actually. ;) Plus, I want it for more than Halloween...
  • Options
    mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Not a mount but I would like to have a little row boat and row myself around Neverwinter
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    A giant lizard with bunny ears...

d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    araneax said:

A giant rabbit mount could be cool though. :) Perhaps a Torillian Giant Hare
  • Options

araneax said:

A giant rabbit mount could be cool though. :) Perhaps a Torillian Giant Hare
    We require bunnies.... i advocate them as mounts... One day we shall have a rainbow bunny jumping around as a mount. Or a hell fire bunny.... would be amazing!

• Options
    athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    I want a Pegasus like the elves had in Salvatores books.
  • Options
    adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Why not go all out and give us a full-sized Legendary Dracolich mount which would make it the largest mount in Neverwinter to date.

Its equip feature would be "undead vigor". That means if you fall in battle, you will not die but will become undead until you spend time at a campfire or are resurrected by another player, with a scroll or with Lathlander's Eye. The penalties for being undead however is that you can be accidently hurt and destroyed by any healer present including healing companions, and your movement is greatly reduced to a zombie-like shambling. Limbs might occasionally drop off too.

Its combat feature is when summoned, it breathes its "undead fires" (think of the Werewolf's turn attack but as an AoE) upon your enemies. Those (weak to moderate) enemies slain by the Dracolich's "undead fires" attack are transformed into undead minions who (temporarily) follow you and aid you in your fight. Those not killed by "undead fires" are struck with effects on par with a Dread Enchantment-powered weapon.
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    araneax said:

But... come on... rabbits ! Just imagine it, hopping around with his fluffy ears .... it can come in white, black , with spots, rainbow color ... that would be amazing!

They have a breed called the "Black Tan" that has some great colors. I would like to see it as a mount.
  • Options

araneax said:

But... come on... rabbits ! Just imagine it, hopping around with his fluffy ears .... it can come in white, black , with spots, rainbow color ... that would be amazing!

They have a breed called the "Black Tan" that has some great colors. I would like to see it as a mount.
    How about a Forgotten realms style kangaroo for a mount, its similar to a bunny and can be very fast
  • Options

araneax said:

How about a Forgotten realms style kangaroo for a mount, its similar to a bunny and can be very fast
    Does it have a pouch you can ride in ?

• Options
    Of course, wouldn't be a marsupial without one. But i don't know if there is a 'kangaroo' in the Forgoten realms universe
  • Options
    blackoctoberblackoctober Member Posts: 2 Arc User

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Prismatic Pegasus, new steed glyphs, elemental shardstone, you pick fire, and you have fire type pegasus, or you pick frost and you get frosty version pegasus as long we can switch shardstones just like runestones/enchants.
    perfect buff mound.

Bunnies? make them available for Spring festival/Fool's Day event.
  • Options
    blackwolftundrablackwolftundra Member Posts: 179 Arc User
  • Options
    afakdag#2644 afakdag Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    "Wing" mount would be cool. Large wings let you fly.
  • Options

"Wing" mount would be cool. Large wings let you fly.

We have mounts with wings, now if we could just get them to fly, even a little above the ground, now that would be cool. :)
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    There is some way to make an owlbear glide across the ground with wings outstretched. It has to do with timing the space bar but I can't do it reliably. Seems to be tricking the game into thinking you are falling, missing the ground like Arthur Dent.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Pegasus
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Wyvern

these two could easily be done.Winged mounts exist already (manticore,grifons) so,animation is ready.Horse animation and skeleton exist aswell.
  • Options

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Pegasus
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Wyvern

these two could easily be done.Winged mounts exist already (manticore,grifons) so,animation is ready.Horse animation and skeleton exist aswell.

Don't forget the Disc and whirlwind animations that have the character floating above the ground. It could be done for sure. Now the real question seems to be, is it worth their efforts to do it.

• Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    "Now the real question seems to be, is it worth their efforts to do it. "

You do have a point.Aesthetically ,the pegasus is just a white unicorn with wings...I dont think it would make good sales.
    Wyvern seems a lot more difficult to make.I think it would sell .At least to the people that currently riding drakes.

I would neither buy the above ,except an armored version of pegasus.I am dissapointed at the griffon animation.

One other point:
    Snowclad manticore has (roughly) same jumping-flying animation as Griffon.yet goes a lot higher and stays in the air higher.It is way cooler.I think all future winged mounts should go as high and stay as long,as snowclad manticore.

The desirability of the aforementioned mounts,to players,ofcourse is dependent to the bonus these mounts will come with.
    Give them 4k crit or power and people will buy,even if they dont like the appearance.
  • Options
    szerevaxszerevax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    new concept.
    Camels/Calimshan adventures
    Sand Camels (regular mound)
    Red Camels (elite reward) for completing champaign
    Black-Golden Camel (lockbox) double humps.
  • Options
    zakienwarzakienwar Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    how about a RHINO :smiley:
  • Options
    peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Lets be more creative, why just animal mounts? I would love a jumping sack mount! :D
  • Options
    I would like to see a charger that really "charges" rather than prances like a parade horse.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Whatever, just please stop with the huge mounts players ride up to NPC's quest givers, mailboxes, merchants and the bank already...

Sometimes a player can't even see the thing they are supposed to interact with because those huge HAMSTER mounts obscure it.
  • Options
    adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    How about the "Majestic Buffalorn" mount?

What is a "Majestic Buffalorn"?

Imagine for a moment a Buffalo. A really BIG Buffalo... But it is all glittery-white as fresh snow, with Clydesdale-like legs, sporting a massive pair of outstretched Eagle-like wings, and an equally massive Unicorn-like horn thrusting from its fore-head.

Sometimes the skeleton of an unfortunate adventurer can be seen impaled upon that Unicorn-like horn. That is how the "Majestic Buffalorn" attacks your enemies. It leaps high up into the air and violently dive-bombs your targets impaling them with its horn.

But how does one ride such an intimidating beast?

The only way you can ride the "Majestic Buffalorn" is by standing tall and proud with your cape billowing behind you and your arms crossed while firmly holding the reins between your teeth. At least, Minsc would...

That, dear friends, is the "Majestic Buffalorn".

(Not an April Fools joke. I honestly want one!)
    Post edited by adamantineangel on