Install Arc

Shroud of Souls Preview Patch Notes: NW.80.20170417a.3

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes: NW.80.20170417a.3
As compared to: NW.80.20170417a.1

Release Notes

Headline Features
Loadouts
  • Loadouts can no longer be copied if they have unspent Free Respecs.
    • KNOWN ISSUE: Loadouts that have a pending Free Respec can be copied over, removing the Free Respec.
  • Powers Window: The one-second cooldown on upgrading a power should no longer exist.
Shroud of Souls Storyline
  • Morlanth now properly respawns after leaving the arena if the player character dies.

Stronghold Great Hall
  • Placed items now properly show in the Decorator's menu, and donations will no longer be allowed over the max value for placed items (which would cause extras to vanish upon return of an item).
  • The stairs are no longer broken.
Stronghold Marauders
  • Gnoll Leaders can no longer cause other enemies to grow to absurd sizes.
Stronghold Temporary Structures
  • Food, Metal, Stone, and Wood coffer caps have been increased for guilds of ranks 1-5 to allow them to more easily build some of the new temporary structures.
  • Recruiter, Assayer, and Gemcutter costs have been reduced.
  • Storage caps for Recruiter, Assayer, and Gemcutter have been increased so they may be safely untended for up to 8 hours.
  • The "destruction" bar no longer appears for these structures when they're built.
Sword Coast Chronicle
  • Campaigns without collections no longer have a "View Zone Reward" button.
  • The "Filter" button has been changed to "Display Options" instead.
  • "View Zone Reward" now properly works for the Underdark and Elemental Evil campaigns.

General Notes

Content and Environment
River District
  • Brother, Can You Spare a Copper?: This quest no longer can get into a state that prevents the player from returning to the River District.

Items and Economy
Masterwork Professions (Shroud of Souls update)
  • Masterwork Artifact Weapons now properly unlock the Weapon Enhancement slot at Uncommon quality.
  • The Cold Run case from Explorer's Charts can now properly be opened if the player character has opened the Bryn Shander and Lonelywood cases first.
  • The Hunter Ranger Manticore Coat tasks now properly award the items they say they award.
  • Untapped Resources no longer incorrectly state that they're purchased from traveling merchants.
Shroud of Souls
  • The sigil (tooltip design) art of the new artifacts has been added.
  • The item level of certain new desirable items has been lowered to 450, down from 465.
General
  • Cloak of the Protector: Stats and gem slots on this item have been updated.
  • Ice Sprite: This companion once again properly uses Ice Sprite instead of Fire Sprite audio.

User Interface
Zen Market
  • Purchasing Profession Packs no longer sometimes causes them to immediately open.

Graphics
General
  • Certain particle-oriented visual effects no longer have a chance to show incorrect or invalid textures.
    • This bug was introduced in Shroud of Souls Preview builds, and didn't affect the live shard.
  • Several minor improvements have been made to the rendering system.

Performance and Stability
General
  • A crash that sometimes occurred when gaining a quest immediately upon entering a map has been addressed.
  • A crash that sometimes occurred when purchasing powers has been addressed.

Localization
General
  • The localization for French, German, Italian, and Russian locales is now in a release-ready state.

Comments

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    terramak said:

Headline Features
    Loadouts

• Loadouts can no longer be copied if they have unspent Free Respecs.
      • KNOWN ISSUE: Loadouts that have a pending Free Respec can be copied over, removing the Free Respec.
    • Powers Window: The one-second cooldown on upgrading a power should no longer exist.
    So if i purchase a new loadout and try to copy another loadout already made to it but that loadout has a free respec token i won't be able to, the only point i see for this is to overwrite a previously made loadout and use "respec boons and feats" instead spending a reroll token, i think it will be problematic, if there isn't a popup warning this there should be.

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    hey @terramak, is this the build that is going to go live on May 2nd and is up for prepatching right now? or is this the patch for may 4th/may 11th?
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I only have one thing left to complain about now.....one of the items I list under "Cons" in my guide https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qkkDNP1TvPpGYhor1okaa4eooKW5crWZ7BkAH5VEwvg/edit?usp=sharing

Basically the problem is that a few of the Mastercraft resources are bind-to-character-on-pickup. This basically means that any recipes using those resources are only usable by those who can collect those materials themselves - but those materials only drop in FBI or mSVA.

That in turn means that Masterwork is only fully available to "top-level" characters who can farm FBI and mSVA. Is this intentional?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I only have one thing left to complain about now.....one of the items I list under "Cons" in my guide https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qkkDNP1TvPpGYhor1okaa4eooKW5crWZ7BkAH5VEwvg/edit?usp=sharing

Basically the problem is that a few of the Mastercraft resources are bind-to-character-on-pickup. This basically means that any recipes using those resources are only usable by those who can collect those materials themselves - but those materials only drop in FBI or mSVA.

That in turn means that Masterwork is only fully available to "top-level" characters who can farm FBI and mSVA. Is this intentional?

I would say: Very probably. The devs have always stated that they wanted to make Masterworks 'exclusive' which is why it was initially locked behind a high Stronghold/Guild barrier which excluded a huge number of players who simply enjoyed doing crafting and professions. Now they are continuing that scheme by locking out players who cannot complete FBI and mSVA. IMHO, the original approach was completely wrong and this latest addition just makes matters worse. Masterworks should always have been available to anyone who wanted to do it because they enjoyed it. You know, people who found the whole idea to be a fun thing to do. Instead, it was dedicated to a select few who could afford it :(

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Lmao, you fixed the stronghold buffers. It was amusing fighting werewolf Titans.
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    qexotic said:

adinosii said:

I would say: Very probably. The devs have always stated that they wanted to make Masterworks 'exclusive' which is why it was initially locked behind a high Stronghold/Guild barrier which excluded a huge number of players who simply enjoyed doing crafting and professions. Now they are continuing that scheme by locking out players who cannot complete FBI and mSVA. IMHO, the original approach was completely wrong and this latest addition just makes matters worse. Masterworks should always have been available to anyone who wanted to do it because they enjoyed it. You know, people who found the whole idea to be a fun thing to do. Instead, it was dedicated to a select few who could afford it :(

ANNNNNNNNNNND everyone on the server that can sell the stuff lazy MW people will buy so they don't have to craft it themselves.. you all don't seem to understand that... if something is easily accessible.. it's usually not worth doing.. and all the ad people spend on Lvl 25 craftable items and now MW2 Mats wouldn't be able to be spend on things almost everyone should be able to craft. IF they bother doing it.

Exclusive and very hard content allows room for low to mid range toons/accounts to make ad to get to the higher levels of stuff easier. If we didn't have stuff like MW and SKT+ content, then most people would still ahve to rely on Rad Farming rings and daily dungeons to make any ad to get their toons built up. Or the God Aweful RNGesus.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    If the FBI/eSP drops are bound that is a mayor <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Why would u want to make the weapons sellable but the mats to make them bound?

@terramak any word on this? Could u pls confirm if they are bound or not and if they are bound explain the reason behind this?
    To be clear, the BoP resources I was complaining about are
    • Manticore Hide: FBI and mSVA
    • Manticore Mane: FBI and mSVA
    • Relic Iron Ingot: FBI and mSVA
    Dragon Turtle Scales drop from FBI and Fartouched Residuum in mSP, but those special resources are not bound.

From a purely selfish perspective, this is a good thing - I do my Masterwork on my 4.2K DC, and I could get into FBI/mSVA/mSP whenever I want. However, anyone who wants to do Masterwork on a lower-ranked character (or maybe a DPS who has a harder time getting into those dungeons in the first time) is, well... not able to get everything out of Masterwork.

Sure, you can do all the recipes that do not require any of those three BoP resources, but....
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

qexotic said:

adinosii said:

ANNNNNNNNNNND everyone on the server that can sell the stuff lazy MW people will buy so they don't have to craft it themselves.. you all don't seem to understand that... if something is easily accessible.. it's usually not worth doing.. and all the ad people spend on Lvl 25 craftable items and now MW2 Mats wouldn't be able to be spend on things almost everyone should be able to craft. IF they bother doing it.

Exclusive and very hard content allows room for low to mid range toons/accounts to make ad to get to the higher levels of stuff easier. If we didn't have stuff like MW and SKT+ content, then most people would still ahve to rely on Rad Farming rings and daily dungeons to make any ad to get their toons built up. Or the God Aweful RNGesus.
    And someone who spends 12 hours a day for 3 years playing a computer game has a very limited perspective on why other people play the game at all. It isn't a full time job, it is something they do for fun and entertainment.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12953415

Masterworks would have been just as challenging had it been accessible to everyone who enjoyed doing crafting/professions rather than restricting to it to players in a guild that had reached Rank 12, now lowered to Rank 10. The Guild Rank restriction was never needed to make Masterworks worth doing. The low success rates and just obtaining materials would have been just as challenging on their own but the people behind the game had to insist on making it 'exclusive'.

• asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2017
    No masterwork items (aside from the tools and recipe books) should be BoP, including resources from dungeons. It is not intended that you must be able to procure your own ingredients. It is very much intended that players can sell these resources to one another. I'm not aware of any point at which those materials were BoP on preview, currently if I look at these items they are not BoP, so if you're seeing that they are, please file a bug report.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    ty for the answer u saved my day :)
    edited May 2017
    asterdahl said:

No masterwork items (aside from the tools and recipe books) should be BoP, including resources from dungeons. It is not intended that you must be able to procure your own ingredients. It is very much intended that players can sell these resources to one another. I'm not aware of any point at which those materials were BoP on preview, currently if I look at these items they are not BoP, so if you're seeing that they are, please file a bug report.

Well, here is what I am seeing (on Preview):

Same with Manticore Mane and Relic Iron Ingot.

Edit: This does seem to be a Preview-only issue. I just verified that the items are unbound on Live.

So, consider this a non-issue.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    The game is entirely unplayable now for me :|
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User

The game is entirely unplayable now for me :| </changes with graphics settings has killed it for me i am a gwf just swinging my sword alone drops my fps to 9 from regular 30 in combat i am using intel hd 3000 @terramak any changes to optimize for these GPUs for i never had this issue before the update? dynamic lighting although removed it now enabled by default simply you guys made all the setting you removed enabled by default. please revert it until you all made proper optimization .

• bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

This is getting really annoying. I have adjusted my graphics to the lowest possible settings. Doing 'complex' things like walking across the interior of the stronghold causes my game to give me a black screen and then crash entirely. I've tried for 5 hours different things to adjust in the settings and force verifying. Nothing is working. I even crash in safe mode. I did not have this problem before this patch.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

This discussion has been closed.