test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stack Splitting during Refinement

frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
For refinement alone, why does it always automatically give the split stack pop-up without pressing control? That's plainly stupid. Refinement is one place where entire stacks are most likely going to be used. Stacks are more likely to be split while posting to AH or trading, but in those places you need to press control. Please reverse the thing, or make pressing control necessary everywhere.
FrozenFire

Comments

• litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    Likely because refinement is one of the places where people make the most mistakes.

The pop-up is probably to head-off an even greater number of CS contacts.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    litaaers said:

Likely because refinement is one of the places where people make the most mistakes.

The pop-up is probably to head-off an even greater number of CS contacts.

I'd say it makes mistakes more likely to happen rather than less, because the stack-splitting slider bears a nasty resemblance to the discard slider. If you click just a little tiny bit off-centre, it pulls up the discard UI and you might not notice because you expected a slider anyway.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited April 2017

For refinement alone, why does it always automatically give the split stack pop-up without pressing control? That's plainly stupid. Refinement is one place where entire stacks are most likely going to be used. Stacks are more likely to be split while posting to AH or trading, but in those places you need to press control. Please reverse the thing, or make pressing control necessary everywhere.

I disagree because I did split a lot during refinement especially when I am upgrading enchantment/runestone. I want to be precise so that I can stack the end product or the end product itself will be used to upgrade another enchantment of the same kind. So, it has been like 4 green, 6 white, 7 something else.

I like what it is and I don't want that to be changed.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I disagree because I did split a lot during refinement especially when I am upgrading enchantment/runestone. I want to be precise so that I can stack the end product or the end product itself will be used to upgrade another enchantment of the same kind. So, it has been like 4 green, 6 white, 7 something else.

I also do this in order to make my own reagents, often not performing the actual upgrades until weeks later. So I do frequently use the built-in slider. But if it were changed, I'd do the stack splitting in my inventory first.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited April 2017

Till you get to the last few bits of RP, you're dropping stacks. So for needing to split 2-3 times, you split a lot more initially. Pressing control for those last bits would save more time than clicking okay multiple times unnecessarily on the clunky UI is better IMO.

And, you're referring just to Enchantments, which need a lot less RP and have a lot less levels.

I'm referring to Artifacts and Artifact Equipment.
    FrozenFire
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    I would settle for having the ENTER key function as 'OK'.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

I split stacks all of the time. I wish I were rich enough to drop only stacks in and waste stacks when I need just a few RP. I think it is fine, except that it does not auto-detect how many of something you need for everything that can be refined.

It does, assuming I understood you correctly, you can't over-refine an item over the max. For example, If you drop 3 mil RP into an R9 Enchantment, it only accepts 2 mil...

Everybody splits stacks all the time. What I'm saying is the times you don't is more than the times you do.

When I get a couple random R4 or R6, I drop them immediately and don't wait for 2x RP. Even for 2 R4s, I have to click okay. That, I don't like.
    FrozenFire
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited April 2017

I split stacks all of the time. I wish I were rich enough to drop only stacks in and waste stacks when I need just a few RP. I think it is fine, except that it does not auto-detect how many of something you need for everything that can be refined.

It does, assuming I understood you correctly, you can't over-refine an item over the max. For example, If you drop 3 mil RP into an R9 Enchantment, it only accepts 2 mil...

Everybody splits stacks all the time. What I'm saying is the times you don't is more than the times you do.

When I get a couple random R4 or R6, I drop them immediately and don't wait for 2x RP. Even for 2 R4s, I have to click okay. That, I don't like.
    Not for me. I have not needed to upgrade any Artifact or Artifact Equipment for my 5 main toons for a long while (they already max'ed out) until the last 2xRP to upgrade mod 11 weapons. So, I have been doing enchantment upgrade only.

From R9 to R10, it takes 622K RP, if you dump 3 mil RP to it, it will only take enough to upgrade to R12 but more than it needs to upgrade to R10. I don't want to upgrade to R12 unless I have enough Mark, p-ward, etc. I want a few R10 instead. That is why I don't dump more than I am ready to upgrade to. If I want to make a R9 to be an reagent for another R9, I don't want to dump more RP than I need for a reagent.

In other words, in my situation, I need to do splitting 90% of the time regardless.

Even if I have to drop the whole stack, the extra click does not bother me at all and as I said I prefer to have it.
    My mouse cursor will pass through that dialog box regardless.
    i.e. mouse from inventory to refinement windows and when I move the mouse from the refinement
    window back to inventory, the dialog box is already on the path.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***