test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You guys NEED to make it where if someone wants to change to pc they won't start from scratch!!!

madisogmadisog Member Posts: 2 Arc User
This is absolutely HAMSTER I have put every bit of 300+$ in the game and now I have to start from scratch on pc! It's absolutely ridiculous!

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    The same thing happened to those of us who played PC and moved to console. Such is life and they don't "need" to change it. You don't need to start from scratch on PC, that's a choice you made or was forced upon you to change systems and your decision to continue playing.

It might might nice if they could, but the impact of allowing PC to move to console would mess with the economies, so if they can't do it one way, they should continue not allowing either way.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Unfortunately, there are a lot of factors at play that prevent this from happening. It's not just Cryptic's decision, Microsoft had some say in it as well. But I think a large part of it is that PC will constantly and forever be a build ahead of the consoles.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    it would be nice if they gave us that parity they promised a bit over a year ago. remember all the, oh yeah, the consoles will be caught up and equal to the pc shortly.. that's our goal.. remember that? I remember that. Memberberries... in some regards it's kind of nice having the guides (for things like fishing) before we get things but on the other hand it kind of sucks not being able to start new content and figure it out ourselves. it's always havent you read the guide? do it this way... part of the fun in a game is figuring out the new raids. we're robbed of that.
  • Options
    evilsquirrel03evilsquirrel03 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Unfortunately, there are a lot of factors at play that prevent this from happening. It's not just Cryptic's decision, Microsoft had some say in it as well. But I think a large part of it is that PC will constantly and forever be a build ahead of the consoles.

Elder Scrolls Online was able to make a one time character transfer at release to console. It might be difficult, but it certainly isn't impossible...
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

kreatyve said:

Elder Scrolls Online was able to make a one time character transfer at release to console. It might be difficult, but it certainly isn't impossible...
    Even ESO says it would be impossible to do it again, as the way they did it only worked because of going into a new environment. And that they have no plans to offer it again. Not exactly the best example and there was a $20.00 fee to do so.
  • Options
    dratomic1#3275 dratomic1 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Please for the love of the game no inter platform transfers. Main reason I play consoles is to not have to deal with all the cheating that goes on the PC.
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited May 2017

it would be nice if they gave us that parity they promised a bit over a year ago. remember all the, oh yeah, the consoles will be caught up and equal to the pc shortly.. that's our goal.

While I've seen some people here saying that the delay in publishing is caused by Microsoft and Sony game certification rules, forgive me saying that, but it's not exactly true. Sure, there is extra time required to do a store submission (a 1-3 business days typically, e.g. see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/the-app-certification-process), but it's not impossible to time the releases to happen at the same time for all platforms without too much impact on the release cycle.

The reason I see it not happening is imho that the dev team is using PC version as a "Test in Production" environment. So lots of changes are first piloted on PC, community feedback is collected, fixes are made (or bugs are documented by the community), and then the cumulative update is shipped to Xbox and PS4. But, because it's a public environment with no NDA you get all of these spoilers leaking from PC to consoles.

in some regards it's kind of nice having the guides (for things like fishing) before we get things but on the other hand it kind of sucks not being able to start new content and figure it out ourselves. it's always havent you read the guide? do it this way... part of the fun in a game is figuring out the new raids. we're robbed of that.

It's very true for endgamers, not so much for new players (they always come to a well researched game). One obvious solution - you can go play on PC, perhaps on a preview shard even. Another option is making some of this game content locked until a certain date after release. E.g. if you ship a new CtoA, schedule it to arrive at the same time to all platforms (unlocked through server-side config change, not through game patch).

Post edited by randomdigits#2166 on
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers