test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Armour Enchantment for GWF?

Title says it all really!!

I’m currently a 3.7k GWF with a Lesser Soulforged enchantment, however with the exception of FBI I harder ever die and so I was wondering if there are any better alternatives that I could be using.

From what I have read, Negation, Elven Battle and Shadowclad seem to be quite popular choices at the moment.

If there’s anything that would help with the constant knockbacks that I’m experiencing in the River District, then I’d seriously consider that, as it’s not a lot of fun being a melee class in the River District!!

For information my HP is approx. 125k and my Defence 11k.

I would greatly appreciate any opinions and suggestions.

Comments

• asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Soulforge for the revive. Negation for recovery and tankiness. Elven against CC, but I dot know, if it is helpful for prones, bc you lose a certain ammount of time in the animation, no matter what. Maybe someone who plays the River Destrict with a char using Elven can help out here.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Soulforge always comes out on top.
    Everything else in pve is a bit lackluster.

Also since you can no longer change armor or weapons In combat, Soulforge is top notch even at lesser.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Use Soulforge up to the point that you feel tanky enough, you know how to dodge red etc.

Then switch to Negation. :P
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Trans-Fireburst--pretty. Soulforged--black ink. Negation--disco chandelier.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    i would consider barkshield nowadays in pve, especially if you have an hp pool around 200k
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

The best would probably be Trans Fireburst. That is what I am working on now. Moar damage!

is fireburst damage noticeable?
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    Endgame no other than negation.

• demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Best armour enchantment for right now is Barkshield. By the time it absorbed damage your determination bar is full and you can go unstoppable. At unstoppable you don't need CC-resist from shadowclad. My Barkshield completely absorbs giant boulders throws at SOMI. Negation is nice, but you have to take damage first before it starts acting. Soulforge I dismissed early on, because most the time it revived me in the mess I died in, dying directly again.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
    Im just corious but how often does barkshild ench absorb damage during a fight?

• thrilk#9892 thrilk Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    spideymt said:

Im just corious but how often does barkshild ench absorb damage during a fight?

I don't have Trans but theoretically a trans gains a stack every 6 seconds and has 4 stacks. First one absorbs up to 80k, second 60k, third 40k, and fourth 20k. After that you will block 20k every 6 seconds unless you get a break and gain more than one stack.

It does not seem to work that way. My damage log has reported it absorbing far more than what it was supposed to. (For example "Your Barkshield absorbed 84,500 damage (16,000).") I have also had it block weirdly low amounts when using BO with my pally. (For example "Your Barkshield absorbed 5 damage (1)."). So I am not sure if I am misreading how the log describes its use or if my stats and powers are having an effect on it.

Personally, I like it. It gives me protection when I am my most vulnerable, while getting my CoP and Temp HP up.
  • badboyboogie#8626 badboyboogie Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Barkshield? Interesting suggestion. I hadn't even considered that before, but I quite like the sound of it now.

I can already absorb one giant's boulder throw in SOMI when at or near full health, but the Barkshield would presumably enable me to take another free hit, plus the quick Determination refill is a very nice and useful bonus.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Barkshield for the win. Probably the best armor enchant in game. Doesn't look pretty but works really well. I'm currently using it on an HR that for some reason enemies think is a tank. My defence was rather low so it's been helping a lot. Was using soulforged but like that other person stated. Get revived in the mess that killed you just to die again.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
  • disposablehero#5903 disposablehero Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Barkshield is awesome, I have one for my CW. My rationale is if I'm getting hit I'm most likely dead or about to be, so this enchantment gives me a bit of breathing room to work with. It has saved me countless times since I purchased it. Very much worth every AD.
    Dungeon Interior Coordinator for WAR-BOUND. <i class="Italic"></i>

PS4 characters:
    Brie Liadon, Shotgun Wizard
    Disposable Hero, Kidney removal technician
    Valorous Cake, Armored pastry defender
    Ginger Christ needs no introductions
    Barkshield on a DPS class like a GWF? Mmmhh...

• markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    I mean if defense and deflection are high enough probably won't need it but for most players trying to run the harder content it's a must have in my opinion. This is keeping in mind that not all players have rank 12 enchants, epics+ mounts and conmpanions etc...
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.
    I mean if you got a swing from a giant in FBI barkshield alone without any help from GF/OP/DC cant you protect to get one shot.
    I keep in mind that no enchant can you provide from one shot. Doesnt matter which ench, you have to move ^^

• kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    - for quick fights and avoiding first damage Barkshield is top
    - for longer fights as a squishy Negation is the way to be
    - if you already got around 50% damage resistance and want to stack deflect use Shadowclad
    - only if you got that much damage resistance and deflect you can't handle it anymore choose Elven Battle
    - if you're poor and can't buy anything of those above get yourself a Soulforged

Edit: No armor enchant can protect you against being kicked all over the map
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• enicegeoenicegeo Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

The best would probably be Trans Fireburst. That is what I am working on now. Moar damage!

is fireburst damage noticeable?
    I find the Fireburst effect to be amusing to use and see proc. It isn't a lot of damage but everything around you will burst into flames and take DoT.
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    hmm... the Bark Shield is interesting to me. Since nothing is really a long fight anymore... :P But I'd like someone to test it out n' show numbers blah blah blah. (No im not dead, im just not doing much on NW <3)