test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Login Server Issues

jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
edited April 2017 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
I just got back from a short break and I've had terrible issues staying connected to the login server. When I get to my character screen on the initial load it generally takes 3-4 times of re-entering my account info to get my character selection screen to actually appear. There's about a 75% chance it'll time out when I swap toons during invokes. That's after each invoke. Its about 50/50 that it'll take 5-6 or more times of re-entering account info. I have 20 toons and it took me 45 minutes to do 1 round of invokes. It used to take just 4-5 minutes to complete a cycle.

Is this happening to anyone else or am I just the lucky bugged one?
HR: Vretzen
GWF: Vretzina
OP: Vee
DC: Evee
CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    I can go between the 7 I have in a few mins. And that is with claiming keys and scrolls, and refining RAD.
  • Options
    haden42eehaden42ee Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 62 Arc User
    I keep having the same issues for 2 years now. It's somehow related to internet connection (not bandwidth or latency though, maybe a specific packet sniffing tool by ISP?)

I've become *very* adept at reentering my password.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    ISP interference, line noise, even running a blender on the same circuit as your router can all interfer with connection. Some software is fairly lenient with connectivity. NW is not, as there is soooo much information to pass back and forth.
  • Options
    It's much more specific than that. Once you've entered the game on a toon, you can use overcrowded public WiFi with spotty coverage and still remain in the game. You will get lag, rubberbanding and Server Not Responding red text, but as long as the connection eventually recovers, so does your game state. It's just during the handoff between account server and game server where a fraction of a second extra delay causes a "timeout".
  • Options
    In fact, while using said public WiFi in a moving train, I have much less frequent trouble than when I'm at home on 50 Mbit broadband.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I have recently gotten a new desktop. I notice that I get a serious amount of lag and/or disconnect if the microwave gets turned on.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    greywynd said:

I have recently gotten a new desktop. I notice that I get a serious amount of lag and/or disconnect if the microwave gets turned on.

Is the desktop connected via WiFi? If so see https://www.howtogeek.com/171869/why-does-running-my-microwave-kill-my-wi-fi-connectivity/ (and consider replacing your microwave).

If it's a wired connection, the microwave might be affecting the supply of clean power to your router and/or PC. If that's the case, a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) or a power line noise filter can help.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I've been having this exact problem for the longest time. It would start after patch, or server reset, and continue for two or three days. Then no login problem until the next patch or server reset. I dreaded patch day.

But yesterday, I did not have the problem. And still no problem today. Hopefully it stays that way.
  • Options
    cv1987#8015 cv1987 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I had been playing Neverwinter today, and I keep getting this server down notification (the one in red letters), my character is moving to a certain location but suddenly returns to where she was, and I constantly log on and off because of that. Just what's going on with the server? And is there any way to fix it?
  • Options
    kaptur8848kaptur8848 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sorry, with the writing in this section but it is new account and i cant set up a new thread. I have big problem with my main neverwinter account. My mail has been stolen and deleted, I can log in neverwinter launcher but I can not log in to the game itself by guard. What can i do with it? i wrote to support but I did not get an answer. I have proofs that my mail account has been stolen and deleted( proofs only in polish language).