test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bilethorn

masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
I've seen several sources saying Bilethorn is better than Lightning on bosses. Can someone explain?

I'm a 100% crit spellstorm thaum/Rene with AoC, and I have 102% crit severity (with a wild storm). I have 3/3 focused wizardry.

When I compare lightning vs bilethorn in My inventory right now the lightning is 81% and 33% with no chain so a total single hit of 114%. Bilethorn is 49% and 81% on the delated hit so 2 hits totaling 130%.....however the 81% can't crit so it's losing 102% crit severity!

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    This is somewhat complicated to explain, but you're essentially comparing the DPS increase from the enchant procs compared to the DPS increase of Vorpal/Dread.

Some abilities have ridiculous amount of procs and others only proc once.

This requires hand testing, although Sharpedge and company have done conductive tests on CW based stuff. Try contacting him to get the exact %.

• Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Test results were posted on preview weapon enchantment thread.
  • Options
    tenetombtenetomb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    It's pretty hard to test actually because dummies die often during tests and so, you don't see the real impact of the weapon enchantment.
    However, a friend CW and I are testing several enchantments on FBI since mod 11 launch : Vorpal, Dread, Feytouched and Bilethorn on bosses.
    The best results we had so far compared to each other was the Feytouched. Bilethorn being just a little bit behind.
    I admit these tests are not really accurate but I saw huge CWs playing with Fey too so I don't think we are wrong.
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    The math isn't there for bilethorn to even beat lightning is what I'm saying, as the biggest proc can't crit. That stream of yellow damage numbers that pour out are tiny.

The fact that it's 2 hits doesn't seem to proc AoC more than a lightning would either. So....I'm at a loss as to how this enchantment can be good.