test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

young yeti companion

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
edited April 2017 in PvE Discussion
is he broken? or is he not broken? Heard the 10 percent damage when it procs doesn't really proc the damage boost just size? and that it's ALWAYS been broken? is this so? and if so why hasn't he been fixed? I searched the forum and didn't see anything about this right off..

Comments

• Options
    that makes a panda sad
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    So mod 11 did not fix it?
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

I just tested it a couple of weeks ago and made an in-game ticket. It will likely be in the patch notes when it is fixed.

Coming Soon (tm).

After a variety of random audio, visual, and tooltip related changes that don't affect gameplay.

• Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    And not just that, i'm still waiting for mine to grow up, it's been young for 2 years now xD.

• Options
    should we tag a dev or two? lol
  • Options
    @nitocris83 actually works in the studio right? maybe she'd be nice enough to send this plea along to the right people :)
  • Options
    what would be the point of that. bring out a new companion and then have it do nothing. why not change the tool tip to something else and actually nerf it. I think it's broken. if it were a nerf it would be just doing less damage not none
  • Options
    thrilk#9892 thrilk Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    If it is still broken it has been broken A LONG TIME with many updates that could have fixed it. Some people spend real money on these things. Knowingly selling people things that you say work but don't, isn't there a word for that?
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    It's been broken since forever. Still the best choice for aggro though if you're soloing things. The only time I use my purple one is for orcus if my team is missing a Tank.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    never had one, never tested but i think it may be just one of those cases where tooltip is not clear enough

On Damage Taken
    10% chance, for you or your companion, to become blood thirsty, increasing damage dealt by 5%.

i guess the 5% damage increase goes to your companion since its the one being hit most of the times.
  • Options
    rayrdan said:

never had one, never tested but i think it may be just one of those cases where tooltip is not clear enough

On Damage Taken
    10% chance, for you or your companion, to become blood thirsty, increasing damage dealt by 5%.

i guess the 5% damage increase goes to your companion since its the one being hit most of the times.

No, Bloodthirsty is independent, if your companion gets hit it will go bloodthirsty if you get hit you will go blood thirsty and none of the cases are being affected by a damage buff, it would be cool if companion got hit i and player get the buff as well, it would make the bonus more in line with other companions, anyway....

• Options
    mousebreaker85#4641 mousebreaker85 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Works like with wild hunt rider except it on getting hit instead of hitting and proc is up quite often even with the slim proc chance

But Lots sadly are broken ..
    The archon extra .5 damage per never worked
    So many feats and tooltips say things but when you actually test em in ACT you will see no diff with or without
    If we listed all the things that didn't do what they say
    Your sad panda would become outright suicidal
  • Options
    the tool tip says this

active bonus: on damage taken 10% change for you or your companion, to become blood thirsty, increasing damage dealt by 10%
  • Options
    yeah it doesn' tmatter the tool tip says it applies to either one. you'd expect to see SOME damage from it in testing.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

On Damage Taken

Not 100% true. Whoever gets the size increase gets the damage boost. It is random from what I can tell, not who is hit gets the size increase.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Why is noone just jumping on preview and test that buff ? Takes about 5 min, less than posting in forum imo
  • Options

Why is noone just jumping on preview and test that buff ? Takes about 5 min, less than posting in forum imo

I did, what i said above is based on preview trial with a manticore, mantcore poisonous spines are piercing fixed damage and a cast of poisonous spines during bloodthirsty did not increase their damage and the bloodthirsty was completely dependent on who gets hit, your companion gets hit, it gets the buff, you get hit you get the buff (or the buff that should be there).