test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shroud of Souls Preview Patch Notes: NW.80.20170403a.0

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Slightly different structure to these notes today - more feature-based than type-based.

Strongholds
  • Chairs should be easier to sit in in the Guild Hall.
  • Constant "in progress" times of 0 should now be addressed.
  • Feast tooltips now specify that they're temporary.
  • Feasts can no longer be refunded.
  • Placed objects in the Guild Hall are now removed more quickly when requested.
  • Temporary stores no longer allow the player to sell items to them.
  • Temporary stores: Masterwork items can no longer be purchased in bulk.
  • Temporary stores: Tanner's store now properly shows up.
  • The "Place" and "Remove Current" actions are no longer available while a structure is in progress, as these actions wouldn't function anyway.

Sword Coast Chronicle
  • Deed blurbs now show only when the deed's reward is claimed.
  • Lots of art improvements have been made.
  • Repetitious flavor text has been removed.
  • The Campaign icon on the HUD now has a new tooltip: "Sword Coast Chronicles - Campaigns and Deeds"

Other
  • A new store has been added to the Wondrous Bazaar on the Preview shard for purchasing new Masterwork resources (boss drops only), Explorer's Charts, and recipe books. (This, of course, will remain only on the Preview shard.)
  • Certain blank features on the Home Page now have art.
  • Item level on relic base pieces has now increased, and should now be in line with other similar item level increases.
  • Multi-rank Boons now show the correct Item Level before hitting Commit.
  • Salvage results now properly conform to the new higher item levels.
  • Several placeholder icons have been de-placeholder-ified.
  • Some experimentation with the Queue system has slipped into this build. Feel free to try it out, but it's not in a complete state, and is not planned to release with Shroud of Souls.
  • The number of Profession Resource inventory slots has been increased to 240, up from 160.
  • Uncommon versions of the Watler companion now correctly grant the owner 2x Accreditation.

Comments

• Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 189 Arc User

I am quite frustrated that shields and the swordknot for the new SH sets were removed from weaponsmithing. Is this intentional? Why were other class weapons not changed? While it is true that tailoring is needed in real life for a swordknot, in this case it is not fair. I could make the same argument that Grimoires are leather and should need leatherworking, not artificing.

I know that the company name is Cryptic, but please make things in the game more logical. Like @defiantone99 said, if tailoring is needed for sword knots then leather working should be needed for grimoires. Just as alchemy should be able to create dyes and break down dye-packs to their 3 individual channel colors. Make them bound to account so we can't sell them, but it is only logical that alchemist would be able to do something like that. :wink:

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Well if we're being pedantic, a sword knot isn't even an 'offhand' item, it's a bit of rope attached to the sword:

"a loop on the hilt of a sword by which it was attached to the wrist, now purely decorative" to be precise.

The only 'offhand' item a sword wielder would use would be a shield/buckler or another blade. As the GWF uses a 'greatsword' which are two-handed weapons (like a bow) they should be treated as such.

In this case, moving the sword knot to another profession when they are normally crafted in Weaponsmithing strikes me as either a mistake or poor judgement. There have been a number of odd things with the new mastercrafting updates, it'd probably be a good idea for someone at Cryptic to take a long hard look at it, especially as it goes live soon...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    zeroscarlett#9233 zeroscarlett Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I just came to say I love all the new stuff being added... I think it's refreshing and bringing some new life into the game. Great job guys and gals. Keep up the awesome work!

Of course I have to add a suggestion... new fashion... throw us some npc costumes or cross class transmutes. Boom new content that's already made.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    WE have enough power to kill even fbi and spellplague caverns very fast. AND you keep release more power more more for no reason. That. We Want to see changes at least at top dungeons like fbi and sp and more dungeons with legendary version.
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Well,i do agree with you, but I think the unlock for Masterwork professions will be cheaper a month into the module. Since those with rank 3 unlocks will buy them from the store cheap. But, that is only a guess.
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    terramak said:

Some experimentation with the Queue system has slipped into this build. Feel free to try it out, but it's not in a complete state, and is not planned to release with Shroud of Souls.
    If the experiment is "how to screw up PvP queue", you did a marvelous job, and you have soon gotten rid of the current PvP population, so you can finally stop being bothered by us, and close down PvP all together.

Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options

terramak said:

Some experimentation with the Queue system has slipped into this build. Feel free to try it out, but it's not in a complete state, and is not planned to release with Shroud of Souls.
    If the experiment is "how to screw up PvP queue", you did a marvelous job, and you have soon gotten rid of the current PvP population, so you can finally stop being bothered by us, and close down PvP all together.

I'm unable to test that since I would probably need 9 more people to see that. Can you explain a bit?
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    @vida44
    We were attempting a 5v5 queue sync. 30 min or so later, we gave up on it popping at all.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    So it's working the same as the queue for SHS.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    GIVE us legendary tiers on supposed hard dungeons (fbi and sp supposed) with the masterwork loot.
    EVERerything already exists in game make funny the end content ADD legendary tier.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    heads up tp all player in the game, profession pack are useless to buy them, its worse rng scam ever, and if they got back on puting swordknot on tailoring like they did with relic weapons ingredients from mod 10 were offhand ingredient for off-hand cw needed weaponsmith profession, and cw relic main weapon needed artificing, fk devs, stop punching players on the face.
  • Options
    zefirootzefiroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    "On my SW, for main hand weapon class feature, I equipped dark spiral aura and it is not working. When cast with no spirals it should create 2 - it creates 1 like usually. Same: when cast with 2 or 3 - not getting 1 additional spiral. I tried switching artifact powers and activating it again but nothing changed." (quoted)

Wow I didn't expect this to be fixed that soon. Thank you very much.

• Options
    maugrym#5972 maugrym Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    How about allowing "profession swapping" (I don't even care if it costs a token or some other Zen-related item). This accommodates the changes to professions when your WS suddenly "forgets" how to make a sword-knot (assuming you have another profession to switch over to the now-relevant one). But really, requiring more than 1 profession to make a set of items for a class seems ridiculous, unless the logic applies for all classes.

With regards to the Grimoire - you should presumably need 1) Leatherworking (covers); 2 Tailoring (binding); 3 Alchemy (glue/ink) and 4 Artificing (imbuement) (and maybe BS if it has metal protectors or clasps). Or, I guess, you can assume it is created whole-cloth from magic, but then by that logic Artificers should be able to make everything "from magic."
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

With regards to the Grimoire - you should presumably need 1) Leatherworking (covers); 2 Tailoring (binding); 3 Alchemy (glue/ink) and 4 Artificing (imbuement) (and maybe BS if it has metal protectors or clasps). Or, I guess, you can assume it is created whole-cloth from magic, but then by that logic Artificers should be able to make everything "from magic."

I would have suggested they create an all-new "Bookbinding" profession which is only good for one item (in the spirit of adding companion pact blades for one companion instead of designing that particular companion with an already under-utilized grimoire slot).

But I applaud your extrapolation. Well done!

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

With regards to the Grimoire - you should presumably need 1) Leatherworking (covers); 2 Tailoring (binding); 3 Alchemy (glue/ink) and 4 Artificing (imbuement) (and maybe BS if it has metal protectors or clasps).

You're not far off, creating a Manticore Grimoire requires: 4 bends of manticore leather, 2 bolts of manticore felt, 2 bundles of vellum and 1 pot of artisan's putty. Currently there's a fairly strict cap with the number of materials a recipe can display, so if the filigree, clasps and ink were included, the cover would have to be assembled separately before finally being assembled with the binding agent, ink and pages.

In the end, we decided to keep the new recipes a little simpler. Not that all recipes will always be as simple, but for various reasons we decided to approach this tier in that way. Feedback heard though, we're not particularly happy with the inconsistencies vis-à-vis low level recipes and long term we'd like to make some improvements there.
  • Options
    ^^ this
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2017

Please put the swordknot back into Weaponsmithing so I can make my weapon set without having to spend another several million AD to unlock MW Tailoring. Tailoring mats fine, not the Tailoring profession....

While it may be "logical" in some sense to move the sword knot and the shield out of weaponsmithing, it is simply unfair for some classes. I assume the idea is to encourage cooperation within the guilds, but really - this is totally unnecessary and (as I said before) unfair.

Please change this back

At the same time you might want to revisit what it costs to buy Tier III mastercrafting. With the change from rank 1 items to rank 2 items the cost vent up a bit, but that is acceptable as such. What is unfair is how different the cost is for the various professions, with regards to how many farmed resources you need.

Alchemy is understandably different, as the rank item (Oil of Vitriol) only requires common resources, but for the other professions the cost just varies too much. Is there any reason why Mailsmithing should be twice as expensive (that is, require double the number of farmed resources) as tailoring, for example?
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    For those that dont know already or know little, You need to be a resourcefull player and know what to buy/sell/farm to make profit these days(some know how to manipulate masses to buy their stuff, a penny for their marketing tips :smiley: , by being a resourcefull player u can make mastercraft and professions easily, it can be done, i came across players that can make game alt friendly and have alts with 4k+il, and so far im still learning, but mastercraft is still far on the end of the tunnel, im aiming for fbi gear+vivified(3pieces + jarl helmet), mastercraft wont be a thing for me, @mimicking#6533 team is to much focus in new gear/professions gear craft when it should be focusing on redoing dungeons that got removed and make it 4k il with legendary items drop, add fashion wardrobe mechanic, pvp dominion world map, fix main weapons enchantment transmute( i hate seeing cw relic weapon with trans vorpal, were all relic weapon is vorpal, when it should be the small orb only to be vorpal transmuted), etc.
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    Not sure what happened, but it seems as the Valindra artifact cloak's visual effects are bugged.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

This discussion has been closed.