test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OP refining off-hand giving only 1.8kk RP

nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
edited April 2017 in Bug Reports (PC)
Refining my legendary twisted hoplon should give 3.7kk RP if refined into my oathkeeper's shield. (both are off hands weapons)
It only gives 1.8kk RP, suggesting that either the constant 2x RP for weapons and off hands is not working.
it might as well be that the matching bonus (feeding OH into OH) is not working, I don't know which one.

The off weapon is labelled as main hand.
Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
Post edited by nameexpired on

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Oathkeeper is relic, correct? Some if not all relic OH seem to be coded to be MH as far as 2x is concerned.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    Right! Feeding my level 56 relic MH into my relic OH would give me 2.8kk, 4 times the amount it's worth.
    I guess this bug is now more than 3 months old. It's the OH labeled as MH, not the 2xRP bonus that is broken.

@terramak
    Could you fix this?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I could easily upgrade my GWFs restored aboletic off hand to level 56 with my twisted OH, so I guess the restriction is not intentional incompatibility but rather an oversight on at least the OP class.
    Post edited by nameexpired on
  • Options
    tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    It would be nice if this can get a fix soon!
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    New weapons also (at least fey shield) doesnt have the "always double RP" tag
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    What can I do to get this issue on the radar of @terramak ?
    Rename myself to @beckylunatic ?

At least a confirmation that it is a bug and not WAI and maybe it is being considered to eventually be put it on the "might fix" list would be nice.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    j35t3r199 said:

Here is the chart and the answer I received from arc support on this issue of very low refinement on the offhand. : http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact_weapon.

Hello,

Thanks for the update.

I believe that there is a confusion. The number that you looked at which is "571,200" is the total RP needed for an artifact to reach rank 35, if you would look at the right most column (RP worth), that would show the total RP worth of 114,545 for a rank 35 artifact and factor in the double RP mechanic, that would bring you to 229,090 worth of RP that would shoot you to rank 28.

Please let me know if you need additional assistance.

Not sure where this worth number comes from, but frustrating to say the least. 80% of refinement should be 80% of what you have put into it not some number that comes from what?????

There's also a bonus for putting it into a weapon of the same type that doubles that number (so with the always 2x it should be a 4x multiplier). So if you put a rank 35 artifact weapon into an artifact weapon of the same type (off hand/main hand) you should be getting 4*114,545=458,180.

Support apparently doesn't know how the game works lol. It's even more pathetic because all that information is on the page they linked AND offhands not getting the always 2x bonus is a known issue.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited April 2017
    We have discussed the issues mentioned here in the community team. As far as I understand, the RP Worth column in the Rank Progression table of the Artifact Weapon wiki correctly states the value of an artifact weapon for refining purposes, before the "always double RP" effect is applied and before a 2x bonus for refining into a matching type.

We raised visibility to the concern that some main hand / offhand may be incorrectly flagged as the opposite type and that some "always double RP" flags may be missing.

The concerns will be passed along to the developers.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min