test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are Masterwork Profession Resource Nodes grief-able?

nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
edited April 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
I got the impression that some players open masterwork profession resource nodes, and if they do not like the content wait for another player to take out the "bad loot", waiting next to the node to create a "fresh spawn".
I am not sure the nodes work this way, so I come here to find out if this is only my paranoia working up and I just get bad loot all the time.

*edit: point out I am referring to the masterwork nodes from Explorer Charts*
Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
Post edited by nameexpired on

Comments

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    yep, i can confirmed, some cherry-picked on what they want, not really needed. devs already nerfed profession nodes. most nodes reset when cleared, it take 12-15 mins to respawn.
  • Options
    wylonus said:

yep, i can confirmed, some cherry-picked on what they want, not really needed. devs already nerfed profession nodes. most nodes reset when cleared, it take 12-15 mins to respawn.

I was referring to the mastercraft-profession nodes.
    The ones you get with the quest.
    I should mention that in the 1st post, thank you for pointing this out!

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Hmmm...this would explain why there are always players hanging around the nodes and why I mostly get Sal Ammoniac and Nitre.

Still, one of my guild mates said: "I tried to farm now and see if it will change, but no change happened once someone else picked up the node resources. I even waited for a couple of persons to take but no change" ... so....not sure.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    adinosii said:

Hmmm...this would explain why there are always players hanging around the nodes and why I mostlyt get Sal Ammoniac and Nitre.

Still, one of my guild mates said: "I tried to farm now and see if it will change, but no change happened once someone else picked up the node resources. I even waited for a couple of persons to take but no change" ... so....not sure.

I guess he would not know if the other person(s) actually picked up the items or left them inside as did your mate. He might also have spawned the items again with pure luck (or absence thereof).

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    This should have been fixed a long time ago. If you open it, and don't take it, the game is supposed to remember what you got, and you will not get anything different from that node until you take the items out.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

I got the impression that some players open masterwork profession resource nodes, and if they do not like the content wait for another player to take out the "bad loot", waiting next to the node to create a "fresh spawn".
    I am not sure the nodes work this way, so I come here to find out if this is only my paranoia working up and I just get bad loot all the time.

There was an issue with the code that stored what you left on the node just after the launch of masterwork professions, such that under certain circumstances, the behavior you described could occur. However, that issue was resolved shortly after release. It's possible you're witnessing players who had last used explorer's charts when this issue was still present and were unaware of the fix.

However, if you are lead to believe the issue is somehow still being exploited, please report it in the bug reports forum.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    oh, sorry, you meant master nodes. no clue,. i was so upset with fails, lost all the time and resources to gather for Mimic, and dragon runs, and i get what? a fail quest.
    those need a new version., i didnt like RNG, random thing isnt for crafting, period.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I think the drops rates of some resources are just horrific. I ran Skyhold in an instance where there was just me, thus nobody else around who could influence my overall results. Starting from zero, I ended up with 356 adamant sand, 352 laquer branch, and only 60 silex.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    asterdahl said:

However, if you are lead to believe the issue is somehow still being exploited, please report it in the bug reports forum.

I don't know about drop rates of specific items, so all I can have is a "feeling".
    Considering all resources are "legendary" I would expect them to have a somehow equally distributed drop chance while farming 300 nodes.
    As I don't know if there are more legendary and less legendary items I guess there is no point in wasting your time without evidence, which I can obviously not get. If you say it's been fixed have to take your word for it. It might very well be that these players are waiting forever to get a fresh spawn.

• Options
    unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User

I think the drops rates of some resources are just horrific. I ran Skyhold in an instance where there was just me, thus nobody else around who could influence my overall results. Starting from zero, I ended up with 356 adamant sand, 352 laquer branch, and only 60 silex.

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is an "equal" chance for each of the items. I think it was initially determined based upon how often resources are used for the tasks and sand/branch used a LOT more then silex. The only update is silex was then a requirement for the new weapons and I doubt they updated the mix to reflect this.
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is an "equal" chance for each of the items. I think it was initially determined based upon how often resources are used for the tasks and sand/branch used a LOT more then silex. The only update is silex was then a requirement for the new weapons and I doubt they updated the mix to reflect this.
    You are correct, the chance of receiving items from a given node is not equal, and generally informed by the expected demand of the item based on the number of recipes that use the material or items the material later becomes. In some cases specific items were made slightly rarer or more common intentionally, but materials that became exceptionally more expensive or cheaper than the others were due to demand on the finished products being higher or lower in certain areas than expected.

In the case of adding certain items like silex as a requirement to restore relic weapons, we actually targeted specific materials that had been maintaining a low value due to low demand, so we intentionally did not adjust the rarity of these items.