test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

200 runs Throne of Dwarven Gods

mcgwarfacemcgwarface Member Posts: 160 Arc User
Gold, Silver...tried all keys (dragon, greater, lesser)... top of DPS, bottom of DPS.....spinning around and rain dancing....no Deep Knight Brigandine in over 200 runs.

What happ to the drop rate, thought they were increased? Can specific accounts get bugged?

Thats a little too much grinding.

Or do the RNG Gods hate me lol.

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    It's rng, I've had three and I've run about half as many as you :/
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mcgwarfacemcgwarface Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    3???? Dear Lord....Devs is there any rituals I can do???? Self-flogging, Spoon Dance, Eating Cave Spiders?

I cant run anymore...it feels like Ground Hog day in there :(
    Do gnomes or dwarves count as children? Im sure I can find one of my new vertically challenged guild members to sacrifice.
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    I got the brigadine in 1 of my 2 daily PoM daily AD runs and simply salvaged it...go figure.
    Wth...it says it only drops in Throne????
  • fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    took me 120 runs.

About 100 runs in a trickster rogue i took for her first throne had to step away for something, came back when it was almost finished, pulled the Brigandine from the chest and dropped her salvage anvil right there and smoked it right in front of me.
    Sigh........I need it to get to 200k +hps. I already have the power and def I need :(
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Wth...it says it only drops in Throne????

I believe brigantine only drops in throne. The equivalent for certain other classes drops in PoM.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    I may be wrong, but I'm almost certain I had one drop on EToS.
    The reason I'm so sure is that at the time my GF dropped it, he wasn't doing any skirmishes.
    I'd just respecced him and I was dungeon tanking, mainly EToS, to get my head round buff/tank play style.

But that WAS at the same time as the key change update, when the drop rates went ballistic for a while. So it may have been an anomaly.
  • fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    EToS drops the lifesilk spinneret, only throne drops the brigandine.
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User

Took me 20 runs to get mine, and then 65 runs of demo across 4 toons for 1 pair of survivor wraps - this random RNG has to go!

And what do they replace it with?
    Make RNG 5%. Do some new daily 30 min run to pray to your specific God (different cut scene) to be awarded a RNG token character bound (only one per day). This token increases your chance by 20% and can be inserted into dungeon only chest along w the key. 1/4 chance isnt terrible and its only once per day.

Make RNG 5%. Do some new daily 30 min run to pray to your specific God (different cut scene) to be awarded a RNG token character bound (only one per day). This token increases your chance by 20% and can be inserted into dungeon only chest along w the key. 1/4 chance isnt terrible and its only once per day.

How did you come up with the 5% and 25% numbers. Currently the chances for most items is less than 1%. So that seems like an awful big increase.
    edited April 2017
    Make.....it 5%, yes thats a big increase.

Not really....

Old AD&D Monster Manual...tables were 5 - 30% chance drops for chests. You didnt have to run the same thing 100 times.

5% w a added luck token would not break the game if they are character bound. I can get salvage every run regardless.
    Post edited by mcgwarface on
    Woooo finally got it... Silver run 232.....bows to Lords of RNG
  • enyo1989enyo1989 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    I did ~60 runs for the armor and no legendary rings.
    I´am also @ ~300 edemo/ndemo runs without a legendary ring.

But yeah the droprate got increased xD
    edited April 2017
    Yeah drop rate is rough. I have 3 that I cant use and none that help. Really need a legendary ring type exchange in Protectors enclave. I recommend a new shop:...magic ring merchant exchange.

Akabar Bel Akash (merchant)

Akabar Bel Akash first appeared in the novel Azure Bonds, written by Jeff Grubb and Kate Novak. Akabar is a native from the southern lands of Turmish—a region of the Forgotten Realms roughly comparable in style and culture to the medieval Middle East. Initially, Akabar is conducting his affairs as a merchant but he also has extensive training as a mage and inwardly yearns to prove himself as an adventurer. He is a sometimes companion to Alias of Westgate.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User

Gold, Silver...tried all keys (dragon, greater, lesser)... top of DPS, bottom of DPS.....spinning around and rain dancing....no Deep Knight Brigandine in over 200 runs.

What happ to the drop rate, thought they were increased? Can specific accounts get bugged?

Thats a little too much grinding.

Or do the RNG Gods hate me lol.

Wow I got mine in around 4 runs :open_mouth:
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    On the subject of rng, I got my first +5 ring the other day - rising deflect lol.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    Grats....3 runs!!!!!!! SMH
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

How did you come up with the 5% and 25% numbers. Currently the chances for most items is less than 1%. So that seems like an awful big increase.
    We don't usually talk too much about drop chances for obvious reasons, one being that some people with a tenuous grasp of probability will assert that a quoted drop chance is a lie with a tiny sample of data.

I will say, however, that the drop chance for the brigandine is much, much closer to 5% than it is to 1%. The OP had a streak of bad luck, I'm glad you got your drop in the end!

• vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    You post on the forum that the you had 200 runs with no drops, and then you get a drop shortly after a dev has seen this thread.

edited April 2017
    LMAO...still going to send them cookies

Devil Dog the Oathbound Paladin bows to the Lords of RNG
    asterdahl said:

We don't usually talk too much about drop chances for obvious reasons, one being that some people with a tenuous grasp of probability will assert that a quoted drop chance is a lie with a tiny sample of data.

I will say, however, that the drop chance for the brigandine is much, much closer to 5% than it is to 1%. The OP had a streak of bad luck, I'm glad you got your drop in the end!

Yeah, I should have put a "probably" in there. To me at least, some item are not meant to be easy to get. If everyone has a 25% chance to get a Legenday Golden Flaming Unicorn that poops Rainbow Stars, soon everyone has one and there is nothing special about having it.

I would love to get a Swift Golden Lion mount for my cleric. But if it doesn't happen, it is not going to ruin my life. I play to have fun and get together with friends.
    edited April 2017
    I think though there is a big difference in a epic dungeon chest that you fight for (232 runs) and a random lockbox that gives legendary unicorn <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Lockboxes should be 5%

Epic dungeons that I fight through should not take 232 runs to get the equip I want.

Go back to the old D&D treasure tables. Many had a 30% chance (that some other adventurers hadnt already taken it.) 5-20ish% doesnt break the game. Just reduces the grind from 232 runs.
  • mousebreaker85#4641 mousebreaker85 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    lol I got a brigidine but can't use it need a psion...
    Wish I could trade you!
    But seriously those skirmishes are horrid I have 2056 runs in 1230 are gold in edemo and demo and have yet to get +5 brutality ring
    I actually don't even need it since they changed companions to not work with em and I have storm kings rings but it is the principle now and I will run till my fingers are bloody stumps from pressing hot keys till I get my GD ring!