test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Divine Glow Decreased ?

b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
Devoted Cleric: Divine Glow: The damage dealt by this power has been increased by 30%.

however... a before and after ... shows a decrease not an increase =/

Comments

• Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Do you have SH Power Boon slotted on live (and not on Preview, because you're likely not in a guild on Preview)? Or other differences between Live / Preview? Your live cooldown is much faster too, so I'm assuming you have more Recovery?

I can double check when I get home too. It's best to compare when you're naked...
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    That Screen shot was taken before the maint and directly after. There was no changes to anything on my character. (Aside from me putting a Power point in a non used power that is which would not affect this)

Oh and the Cooldown is now 3seconds more =( the left is before and right is the after
  • Options
    So you're saying both screenshots have been taken on live with exactly the same gear / boons etc.?

That's very concerning if correct, since it sounds like the damage went down and the cooldown has been increased.

Since tooltips get affected by stats, my first guess is that you had accidentally been buffed in the "before" tooltip (both power and recovery). Can anyone else confirm?
  • Options
    xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    You werent on a khyeg, or in a lower level area ? Those can screwed up your stats too.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Missing Campfire buff?
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    I can confirm the damage of divine glow was decreased. I just checked on preview and the Ability coefficient was reduced by 10%, so Divine Glow now does 10% less damage.
  • Options

send messages to devs and take to facebook and call them out

Just have to be polite and persistent. Don't spam them, don't be rude, don't be hyperbolic.

This game is complicated, there are always a lot of things going on. In my experience the best thing we can do is point the right devs to the right issues in a calm and respectful manner.

This is clearly a bug, and hopefully it's not one that will be too difficult to fix.
  • Options
    hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    @thefabricant

Thanks bro for checking this out for us!

@b0rkch0p

Good catch !
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    i was going to check the difference after the update but was to lazy lol. lucky we got you guys!!
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2017
    @b0rkch0p - Thanks for the report!

Do you happen to remember where that 105th point went between screenshot A and screenshot B? Perhaps what map(s) you were on at the time?

And yeah, for those who want to take a look, the specific change hasn't gotten onto the NeverwinterPreview shard yet - but there are a lot of as-yet-undocumented changes on the Preview shard. (I'll work tomorrow on getting those patch notes up in their usual detail.)

Note that that tooltip does change based on your current stats and the powers you're affected by, so if any Campfire buffs are active / inactive, Active Companion Bonuses change, someone near you has an aura of haste, or something like that, that can also affect the tooltip.

Could you also let me know which of your characters this was, if you don't mind? I'd like to try to recreate the scenario in an internal test environment.
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Without reading too much into this, it looks like one is effected by Avatar (look at the cooldowns). Note that I haven't seen it myself on owlbear yet (still downloading), but the cooldowns being so different seems odd to me.

Oh... this is on live >_> my bad
    Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    @terramak @b0rkch0p
    Here is what I saw from preview. Note that live should be post-buff. Preview should be pre-buff. Right?

power with buff bar visible:
    live: http://i.imgur.com/LcZ8N6m.jpg
    preview: http://i.imgur.com/RXVRTOH.jpg

Note that this still seems wrong, since it isn't an exact 30% increase. Also, tooltips have been known to be inaccurate, but it's hard to test this without decent test weapons on the live server.
    Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

@terramak @b0rkch0p
    Here is what I saw from preview. Note that live should be post-buff. Preview should be pre-buff. Right?

power with buff bar visible:
    live: http://i.imgur.com/LcZ8N6m.jpg
    preview: http://i.imgur.com/RXVRTOH.jpg

Note that this still seems wrong, since it isn't an exact 30% increase. Also, tooltips have been known to be inaccurate, but it's hard to test this without decent test weapons on the live server.

It isn't exact since the damage on preview was reduced while the damage on live is increased by 30%, which over all results in a larger difference than 10%, which isn't helping.
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Poor Divine Glow. Always something going wrong :(
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    terramak said:

@b0rkch0p - Thanks for the report!

Do you happen to remember where that 105th point went between screenshot A and screenshot B? Perhaps what map(s) you were on at the time?

And yeah, for those who want to take a look, the specific change hasn't gotten onto the NeverwinterPreview shard yet - but there are a lot of as-yet-undocumented changes on the Preview shard. (I'll work tomorrow on getting those patch notes up in their usual detail.)

Note that that tooltip does change based on your current stats and the powers you're affected by, so if any Campfire buffs are active / inactive, Active Companion Bonuses change, someone near you has an aura of haste, or something like that, that can also affect the tooltip.

Could you also let me know which of your characters this was, if you don't mind? I'd like to try to recreate the scenario in an internal test environment.

it was a random placement I.. I put PPoints into random slots just to fill up things.. I hopped onto a fire and the TT didn't change.. I was partied with a pal.. I'll party up with them again when they're on and see if that changes things.

I'll keep an eye on the cool down / damage tt when playing.. I know I had read the forum and went 30% increase! yes! let me take a screen shot first to see how much tomorrow.. so it was a good 60secs from doing anything while I read on the other screen.

I'll repost when I get more info this weekend / next week as I'll most likely be outside =) not on here

thanks!

• Options
    ok you can close this.. =/ I just joined a dig site pug and it's now 11K-13K damage with 8.6s cool down.. I wasn't aware that TT's changed based on buffs.. thought it was a base number.. and with that known knowing what the base was / is.. isn't possible =) so off to the fight we go! =)
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2017
    Phew. Thanks for understanding and thank you for writing this up - and extra thanks for confirming the issue's resolution! Dynamic tooltips are weird.

Edit: Regarding examples above: Yeah, Preview is pre-buff (at least before today, I'm planning to get a build up before the end of the day with the buff included), while Live is post-buff.
  • Options
    Thanks terramak for the attention and the explanation. Sorry for the false positive, glad things are sorted :)