test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: M11B Rewards

chaidrin#2320 chaidrin Member Posts: 5 Cryptic Developer
Hello everyone! On this preview build, we would like feedback on the new rewards!

Access

You’ll need to be on the Preview Shard to test these features.
You should be able to obtain these rewards organically through gameplay.

What's new?

New Chestpiece that is given at the end of M11b Shard of Night quest:
Morlanth's Shroud

Companion that chance drops in the M11b Shard of Night quest rewards:
Netherese Arcanist

There are new Artifact Equipment available in the Stronghold store:
Stronghold Company Gear

A temp merchant in the Stronghold has some unique and rare new gear!

We also have new Masterwork recipes!

Feedback Desired

We want to hear any and all things you can tell us about the new Rewards, though we would like to focus on smaller changes that we can make in the time we have before launch!

Some things to consider on your feedback:
Are these rewards comparable to your current Artifacts/Companions?
Are the tooltips clear and easy to understand?
What do you think of the Mastercraft recipes?
Etc, etc, etc. Let us know what you think!

Here’s how to give feedback:

Respond to this forum post.
Please mark what type it is: Bug or Feedback (Please only choose one)

Format:
Please use boldface text for the Type, and then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, and if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN.

Concise feedback is preferred and screenshots are appreciated!

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples of Feedback

Bug: New Stronghold gear isn't giving bonus!
I've equipped the Company Ward Belt and Company Raider Cloak and got no bonus! :(

Her ACB is awesome! Backstabbing goodness!
Post edited by noworries#8859 on

Comments

• Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    A little bird was singing about new gear also from a mysterious merchant?
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Any chance of an unlock token for the masterwork recipes? I think most of us are having a hard time testing this.
  • Options
    Yes there is a mysterious merchant in the Stronghold that does have some new and unique gear! Post shall be updated!

And I'll look into finding a quick and easy way for y'all to test the masterwork recipes! I'll update when I get more info!
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    @chaidrin#2320

The stats seem a bit off since they are one and the same item.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    @vida44, where did you find that gear on the preview SH?

Is it just the Traveling Merchant nearby the Marketplace, or is it somewhere else?

• Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    I believe that Shard of Night also drops an Artifact chest piece.
  • Options
    Another question: on preview, there's a Masterwork recipie unlockers from the Artisan SH.

Is that restricted to preview only, or will the unlockers be available on live?

• Options
    @rjc9000 yes. From the mysterious merchant. I'll send you a link in a PM.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Yes there is a mysterious merchant in the Stronghold that does have some new and unique gear! Post shall be updated!

And I'll look into finding a quick and easy way for y'all to test the masterwork recipes! I'll update when I get more info!

"Quick and easy" would be appreciated, @chaidrin#2320 but there are a few separate issues here.

First, there is the issue of unlocking the recipes. For players like myself who already have Tier I or Tier II masterwork, that is easy....just copy over 30 of the required items (maybe by copying an alt carrying those items over multiple times, if needed). The problem is when you don't have masterwork unlocked. However, I am not sure how much of an issue this is - my suspicion is that most of the players really interested in testing Tier III masterwork already have Tier I or II.

The second issue is the tools required to make the items - that part is easy - you can make a Mythic Forgehammer of Gond, and the Tier II Masterwork tools available somewhere (the test vendor in Bryn Shander could carry those items, for example, or they could be available in the store like the Trans weapon enchants) - just assume people are able to bring two additional purple tools. This would give a 75% success chance - good enough for testing.

The third issue are the special new resources (Sky Iron, Raw Rubellite, Effervescent Water, Snowhare Wool, Native Silver, Raw Sphene, Spruce Log, Spruce Resin, and Red Alder Bark). Yes, we can get them, but it is slow...it would speed things up considerably if those were available from a vendor.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    aerthynaerthyn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    The resources to unlock Tier 3 masterwork recipes are not consistent. For all except Artificing the 30 resources can all be made as the "first" masterwork task (generally from the resources farmed from scroll cases, EG gold ore into gold nuggets).

For Artificing you need Lacquered Ebony which you would first need to make Dark Lacquer, is this correct? Should this not just unlock with 30 Dark Lacquer?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    adinosii said:

However, I am not sure how much of an issue this is - my suspicion is that most of the players really interested in testing Tier III masterwork already have Tier I or II.

Obligatory, "I would be interested, but still only GH9".

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Hello! Quick run through so far:

Is there any way we can get the Pre-Module 6 Spellplague gear put into the loot table of Spellplague or into the River District store? Those were some of the best "transmutes" ever in the game. This could be a sink for extra River District currencies and keep people returning to the zone, similar to the Maze Engine transmute system. You could also have other Bluefire-themed gear and some other lost transmutes like Draconic Templar gear.

I actually don't know enough about what was in Spellplagues Pre-M6, but I will look into this!
    vida44 said:

@chaidrin#2320

The stats seem a bit off since they are one and the same item.

These two shouldn't be in the stores yet since they were not completed nor balanced. Thank you for finding this. They shall be stricken from the store until they are ready.

niadan said:

I believe that Shard of Night also drops an Artifact chest piece.

*editted for more info* Shard of Night does drop a chestpiece, though it isn't an Artifact. I've updated the post anywho.
    adinosii said:

"Quick and easy" would be appreciated, @chaidrin#2320 but there are a few separate issues here.

First, there is the issue of unlocking the recipes. For players like myself who already have Tier I or Tier II masterwork, that is easy....just copy over 30 of the required items (maybe by copying an alt carrying those items over multiple times, if needed). The problem is when you don't have masterwork unlocked. However, I am not sure how much of an issue this is - my suspicion is that most of the players really interested in testing Tier III masterwork already have Tier I or II.

The second issue is the tools required to make the items - that part is easy - you can make a Mythic Forgehammer of Gond, and the Tier II Masterwork tools available somewhere (the test vendor in Bryn Shander could carry those items, for example, or they could be available in the store like the Trans weapon enchants) - just assume people are able to bring two additional purple tools. This would give a 75% success chance - good enough for testing.

The third issue are the special new resources (Sky Iron, Raw Rubellite, Effervescent Water, Snowhare Wool, Native Silver, Raw Sphene, Spruce Log, Spruce Resin, and Red Alder Bark). Yes, we can get them, but it is slow...it would speed things up considerably if those were available from a vendor.
    Great call out! The designer who implemented the new recipes will be looking into the best way to make all the recipes available and testable. I will make sure to forward this to him. :)
    aerthyn said:

The resources to unlock Tier 3 masterwork recipes are not consistent. For all except Artificing the 30 resources can all be made as the "first" masterwork task (generally from the resources farmed from scroll cases, EG gold ore into gold nuggets).

For Artificing you need Lacquered Ebony which you would first need to make Dark Lacquer, is this correct? Should this not just unlock with 30 Dark Lacquer?

This will also be forwarded to our masterwork's designer as feedback!
    Post edited by chaidrin#2320 on
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Artifact chest piece? Maurlan's shard or and actual artifact refinable chest piece?

@chaidrin#2320 it slip through my eyes a new armor will drop from spellplague master that will grant HP while out of a party and life steal when within a party, can you unveil the mystery for us?

• Options
    kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User

SP contained the Reaver's Edge weapon for GWF and the Illithid Psionic Shards for CW, those I remember.

Illithid Psionic Shards were from Dread Vault

Spellplague had Reaver's Edge for GWF, Armor of Insanity for GF and Mantle of Aboleth for all classes.

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2017

adinosii said:

However, I am not sure how much of an issue this is - my suspicion is that most of the players really interested in testing Tier III masterwork already have Tier I or II.

Obligatory, "I would be interested, but still only GH9".

I am quite sure that you can start them in other guild halls from your alliance. No need for your own guild to have the Artisan.
    It doesn't work that way. Pretty much the first thing I checked after Alliances. You may speak to the Artisan as a guest, but it's just hi/bye.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    rjc9000 said:

Another question: on preview, there's a Masterwork recipie unlockers from the Artisan SH.

For this tier of masterwork recipes you'll be able to purchase them via the store, just like on preview. However, the items required to purchase the recipe books are not final and are subject to change. (As many have noted, they're not consistent at the moment, either.) Additionally, you will be required to have finished the quest series associated with a profession before you can purchase the new recipe book.

In simpler terms, you'll need Masterwork Leatherworking Recipes II in order to purchase Masterwork Leatherworking Recipes III.

Artifact chest piece? Maurlan's shard or and actual artifact refinable chest piece?

There are no artifact chest pieces in the game and we currently have no plans to add any.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    asterdahl said:

There are no artifact chest pieces in the game and we currently have no plans to add any.

Oh ok, thx, glad to know.
    kacezet said:

SP contained the Reaver's Edge weapon for GWF and the Illithid Psionic Shards for CW, those I remember.

Illithid Psionic Shards were from Dread Vault

Spellplague had Reaver's Edge for GWF, Armor of Insanity for GF and Mantle of Aboleth for all classes.

Some of the best transmutes in the game.

• Options
    asterdahl said:

rjc9000 said:

For this tier of masterwork recipes you'll be able to purchase them via the store, just like on preview. However, the items required to purchase the recipe books are not final and are subject to change. (As many have noted, they're not consistent at the moment, either.) Additionally, you will be required to have finished the quest series associated with a profession before you can purchase the new recipe book.

In simpler terms, you'll need Masterwork Leatherworking Recipes II in order to purchase Masterwork Leatherworking Recipes III.

I see, thanks for the clarification.

@flensburger99 tried the recipies on preview, but didn't get the epic/normal Masterwork specific tool. This explains why.

Also, I'm really like some of the names of the equipment, such as the Wristguards referencing Dread Pirate Roberts.

I wasn't really pleased with the Duelist's Riposte cap, or, at least not in terms of the name.

In short, I feel the item's name is non-indicative of the cap's purpose.

Currently, the effect is that when you get hit, you gain extra defense for a few seconds. Okay, fine, the idea behind this item is that you just got hit hard, you need to prepare to survive another hit.

However, this effect seems at odds with the name: in fencing, a riposte, is when you parry your opponent's attack and follow up with a quick counterattack. The defensive boost seems at odds with what a riposte is.

To fit in with the counterattack image, perhaps you guys could change it to "when you take more than 15% of your HP in a single blow, you deal 10% more damage for 10 seconds"? Or maybe make it a simple "gain (x) Power for 10 seconds"?

(And if you do decide to consider changing the Riposte cap into a more offensive item, could you guys look into the Young Yeti active bonus? It has a similar idea, but its active bonus is bugged and doesn't work).

• Options
    @chaidrin#2320

You may also want to look into these items since they seem a bit odd to me, and some of them already exist in the game (same wording) so they could need more tuning.

• Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    @chaidrin#2320 , @asterdahl ,

Question do you guys any plans to make master crafting more open for other players or it's specific for certain players only?
    To unlock mastercrafting is headpain,
    For example jewelcrafting
    First Quest
    Step 1: > Obtain 500 [Perfect Gems] + Obtain 250 [Aberrant Leather Strips], < it's easy.
    Step 2: > Obtain [Gemmed Adamant Necklace of Regeneration], Obtain [Superior Adamant Ring of Piercing], Obtain [Superior Aberrant Belt of Recovery].
    Harder but yet it's still OK,

Second Quest
    Step 1: Obtain 12 [Gold Nugget] <<< Now headpain start< I have legendary asset + epics = 30% chance to success to craft 1 gold nugget from 2 gold ore. << It's annoying yet not as bad as other steps.
    Step 2: Obtain 6 [Gold Ingot] << 1 gold ignot = 2 gold nuggests and again ~30% success barrier.

Other steps >
    Step 3:Obtain 1 [Newly "Minted" Gold Coin]
    Step 4:Obtain 1 [Set of Newly "Minted" Coins]

I simply didn't went to it, throw away all materials to auction house<<< I spent gazilion amount of guild points and could not pass seconds quest second step<. Now I am lucky having legendary asset so I have 30% chance to success ..
    Now think about who don't have that asset,. ~20% chance..

I played hardcore grind based mmorpg games, but neverwinter beat them by default..
    So any plans to rework these quest?? Or we keep mastercrafting for certain special players only..
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

Question do you guys any plans to make master crafting more open for other players or it's specific for certain players only?

Masterwork is intentionally difficult and exclusive, however, we do have plans to continue adding non-masterwork recipes. In addition, with a new tier of masterwork coming online, things will get easier in the first two tiers thanks to temporary structures.

We'll continue to make changes to make older recipes more affordable as new recipes are added. Similar to how you can expect older dungeons to get easier as new ones and new gear comes online. In general, the new tier 3 recipes are a bit more generally forgiving as well, so please continue to give feedback once those recipes are on the live server and the economy has had some time to settle.

• Options
    I wouldn't mind Masterwork being difficult and exclusive, if the setup was a bit more creative. Right now MW is just a massive AD and time sink and nowhere near a true endgame for professions. It's essentially just very hard recipes that frustrate players with a 20% success rate (during leveling). That's not really how an innovative and engaging system works imho.

It's nice to hear that players are able to catch up a little faster with those temporary structures, I would think they sell certain resources that you would otherwise need to craft with masterworks? But that doesn't change the fact that the system is still about stuffing large amounts of time and money into it and little else. Yes you have a tiny collaborative element with overlapping resources, but c'mon...

I'd really be interested how MW1 performed. I have not seen many players wearing the armor sets or the weapons. In PVP some Rings were BIS but that might be it. Can't see how MW2 would be any different.

Masterwork always had that cost ratio issue. At the end of the day, the effort ist just not worth it for PVE. It probably would be for PVP, but the game mode is struggling to say the least and pretty much everyone with a clear mind is lobbying for some sort of gear standardization and making Tenacity an environmental variable, which would make MW PVP gear obsolete.
  • Options
    Yup, that's what I was referring to. I find it mildly amusing that the devs keep insisting they designed an "endgame for professions" when all they really did was do an endgame for sellers/AH players/whales/super-rich/whatever that is build on the profession system. That's either bold or ignorant.

Next up: "Endgame for the foundry" where you have to pay millions for the latest assets...​​
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Masterwork is intentionally difficult and exclusive, however, we do have plans to continue adding non-masterwork recipes. In addition, with a new tier of masterwork coming online, things will get easier in the first two tiers thanks to temporary structures.

We'll continue to make changes to make older recipes more affordable as new recipes are added. Similar to how you can expect older dungeons to get easier as new ones and new gear comes online. In general, the new tier 3 recipes are a bit more generally forgiving as well, so please continue to give feedback once those recipes are on the live server and the economy has had some time to settle.

I understand that master craft should be rare. But still this quest is still way to harsh.
    from lv 1 to lv 25 your crafting is just hobby to waste materials.
    After that mostly you will end by buying quest required items from auction house, because for crafting yourself is overkill/waste of time. And then u are free to craft all that type mastercraft stuffs.

This way don't make items rare. It reduce interest in it. Less players compete in crafting = less craft/profesion boosters got sold = bad business,

I think material crafting need rework itself.
    Firstly remove master craft assets itself. And keep old craft assets.
    Now increase chance for tier 2 and tier 3 master material crafting chance, yet keep final> gear peace crafting< with smaller chance rates.
    Thats mean full epic asset player would have
    Tier 2 materials> 40% chance
    Tier 3 materials> 30% chance.

Gear peace craft > 20% chance. < It would make gear itself rare, yet materials more easily obtainable, not mentioned players would craft more for either craft and sell or craft for themself.
    Thats mean more players would possible buy booster packs = good business<
    ==============================

As for non master recipes.
    Well, guys, perhaps professions need reduce recipes, old lv 1 to lv 20 recipes are worthless. For example archamge ring. How many players do use it in these days?
    Or for example how many players craft lv 15 armor/weapon/jewelcraft? No one. I lv up my character faster then I unlock these recipes. And in the end, they can't compete with the ones which u get from loot during dungeons. lv 60 legendary archamge ring can't compete with rings which u can get even in elemental evil campaign areas. Not mentioned underdark gear.

Now my proposal would be.
    All lv 1 to lv 20 recipe relocate to NPC. While keeping 20~25lv recipes crafting by players.

So thats mean, new player ~60 lv don't have waste time to level up crafting, but simply gather required minerals for item crafting. Get them to NPC and u can craft that item with some fee.
    For example (from other game) u gather minerals, brought them to npc, and thats it.

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================