test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's the point of bracket pvp?

disposablehero#5903 disposablehero Member Posts: 128 Arc User
edited March 2017 in PvP Discussion
This has probably been mentioned before, but I thought I'd mention something about it for the benefit of anyone considering rolling a new toon to level in the arena. I'm currently in the 20-29 bracket with my Ranger and I keep running into particular individuals using gear and enchants that are way out of reach for anyone who's starting fresh. Enchants are almost a non-issue, as they can be moved between characters at leisure, I'm referring to specific pieces of zen gear. I'm not faulting the people who abuse this or mentioning names, but I do find it laughable.

Obviously the issue won't go away any time soon as the items I'm referring to are available through purchasing zen, I'm just curious why the developers would even bother with bracket pvp and offer limited gear sets for those brackets, but also allow the use of items that put a player so far and away above everyone else that the only way to deal with them is to avoid them. I literally just go to another part of the map when I see one of these players, fighting them is super boring, almost as bad as farming raid bosses for seals. Being on a team with them is just as bad, most of the time the other team just gives up after a few minutes and sits around their campfire.

If anyone cares enough about pvp, this should be the real issue, not endgame snorefests where the only difference between any given player is time spent playing. This is what's killing pvp, low level glory farming. People don't even get a chance to get their foot in the door before being smashed by someone that can't stand the possibility of losing, even at low tier matches where you're supposed to be learning the ins and outs of each class and how they interact with your own.

Now, keep in mind I'm not condemning the use of these items outright, they do have their place. I'm just observing that newer players can and are turned off to the idea of even trying pvp because they don't even get a chance to learn. Personally, I'm not intimidated by scrublords who intentionally overgear and then have the audacity to talk trash, but not everybody is like me. Thankfully this is an issue that can be addressed without coding or developer intervention, the only real problem is that we as players will never agree on anything.

Thoughts?
Dungeon Interior Coordinator for WAR-BOUND. <i class="Italic"></i>

PS4 characters:
Brie Liadon, Shotgun Wizard
Disposable Hero, Kidney removal technician
Valorous Cake, Armored pastry defender
Ginger Christ needs no introductions

Comments

• Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    "If anyone cares enough about pvp, this should be the real issue, not endgame snorefests where the only difference between any given player is time spent playing.". If you could log your level 29 ranger into level 70 PvP, you would do as well as every level 70 player without BIS gear. The gear gap is that huge. The difference between low level and endgame Dom is that endgame if the que even pops at all, it is 90% of the time going to be a guild premade with BIS gear and you either cap trade or stand in the spawn area for ten minutes. NWO PvP from lvl 11-70 is all about p_2_w period. It is literally purely and only that.
  • Options
    disposablehero#5903 disposablehero Member Posts: 128 Arc User

From what I can tell, players want the opposite of what you are asking for. They want to be able to give low level alts Mythic artifacts and Legendary mounts from their mains. Twinkers will always find a way to do what they do. But ya, there need to be rules as to what can be used in Pre-70 PVP.

Yeah, it seems to be that way. I've responded to the twinkage with as much high end gear as I can manage, and I'm doing pretty well. I just walk away from the super twinks, they're so boring, and I think they know it because they never give chase. The only thing that bothers me is that I'm now contributing to the problem by melting ungeared newbies, so my new strategy is to just run around and annoy the other team, and try to help my own as much as I can.
    Dungeon Interior Coordinator for WAR-BOUND. <i class="Italic"></i>

PS4 characters:
    Brie Liadon, Shotgun Wizard
    Disposable Hero, Kidney removal technician
    Valorous Cake, Armored pastry defender
    Ginger Christ needs no introductions
This discussion has been closed.