test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 11b Preview Patch Notes: NW.80.20170322a.3 (Updated 3/28)

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Edit 3/28: Updating to a .3 build today with the following changes:
  • Addressed a crash in the Professions code, causing maps to disconnect players relatively frequently.
  • There's now a token in the Preview tab of the Wondrous Bazaar that allows players to bypass the requirements to start the new storyline. A level of River District progress is normally required to open this storyline.
Correction below:
I incorrectly stated in the Loadouts description below that Companions would be configurable / swappable. These are not part of the feature as it currently stands, and I apologize for mistakenly including it in the description. There will be a dev blog soon™ explaining Loadouts in additional detail.

Original NW.80.20170322a.2 notes:

Highlights
Note: Details for the below features will be released in upcoming blogs!

New Storyline
The illusionist Lukan has stumbled upon something beneath Neverwinter and has broken a ward keeping it sealed away. Join with unlikely allies and help keep the Sword Coast safe!

Dev blog(s) coming soon!

Stronghold Updates
Somebody finally cast a Grease spell on the doors of the keep. The Great Hall is now open! Enjoy a social space with functional seating and decor customizable by any guild rank with the appropriate permissions.

In addition, there's a new challenge available to the guild. Once the challenge has begun, guild members will be tasked to protect three supply cache drop-off points while waves of enemies assault them. Protect the supplies and get plenty of loot and vouchers, with a vote every five waves to risk continuing for greater rewards, or to call it a day and keep the rewards already earned.

On top of that, there are new Stronghold structures available to build. In the same vein as the ones that made an appearance in the last Protector's Jubilee, these structures will stick around for a set period of time, and provide a variety of services while available.

Dev blog(s) coming soon!

Loadouts

The Loadouts feature is now available (for real) on the Preview shard! Set up different sets of Feats, combinations of slotted powers, equipment, companions, and more for a quick and easy swap to a variety of preferred play styles. Additional Loadouts beyond the default number can be purchased on the Zen Market, and are available for free on NeverwinterPreview.

Dev blog(s) coming soon!

Known Issues
Powers & Loadouts
  • When purchasing or upgrading powers in the Powers UI, there's now a noticeable delay before the purchase is finalized.
  • Powers gained during the tutorial are not automatically slotted into the power tray.
Stronghold Improvements
  • The numbers (both cost and benefit) for the new Stronghold temporary structures are placeholder only. A first pass at real values will be in a future build.

More detailed notes to appear in the coming week.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Im not guilds guy but the loadouts part *-* shshshiness
    @terramak not much related but can you had the new armour of Spellplague master to the collections?

• aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Nice news really! Not relates but the character background bug is becoming Mythic :p .

And what @trentbail21 said, we wish a lot of lost gear.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    i wonder if the developer could make armor set in maze engine store to include the old title like grand warden or high sentry.
    edited March 2017

The store will remain from last visited store and the campain is complete, not 86%.

And nvm my previous comment, the new armour of Spellplague master is already there *-*, just 1 thing, it is set to btc not bta and btc on equip, is this suposed?

Just a little comment i think it's necessary a space in "Fartouched" equipment hehehe ^^.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I take it that this patch does not bring any M11-related fixes, but I assume that's what you will be using Owlbear for - for the next 4 weeks or so, right?

Overall, this looks really, really interesting - looking forward to testing this - just hope the worst remaining bugs can be fixed before April 26th/May 2nd, or whenever this is scheduled to go live.
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited March 2017
    Just starting testing....a few issues so far.

First, there is some serious stability issue.....game crashes every few minutes for me.

Second, there is supposed to be a new storyline, right? Where does it start - Knox has nothing for me...or do I need to complete M11 campaign first ? Possibly related to this, I see that Lord Neverember no longer gives me an option to replay the Cloaked Scendancy quests, but Knox offers to start the Cloaked Ascendancy campaign - there is something off.

Third...one small mastercraft-related bug: Someone did a bit too much copy/paste - the emeral and crimson ones are called vermilion too.

Can we please get some dedicated feedback threads for Mastercraft, Stronghold and Loadout issues, in addition to the one we already have for IL changes?
    Post edited by adinosii on
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    adinosii said:

Just starting testing....a few issues so far.

First, there is some serious stability issue.....game crashes every few minutes for me.

Second, there is supposed to be a new storyline, right? Where does it start - Knox has nothing for me...or do I need to complete M11 campaign first ?

Third...one small mastercraft-related bug: Someone did a bit too much copy/paste - the emeral and crimson ones are called vermilion too.

Can we please get some dedicated feedback threads for Mastercraft, Stronghold and Loadout issues, in addition to the one we already have for IL changes?

I also crashed a couple times.

I have finished the storyline. I got it from Knox (although maybe someone in RD started it). I have completed RD campaign all the way up to unlocking SP and few boons.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    WHile the loadouts change build is a good thing i have a concern some players invested to other character of the same class in the account. CAN allow us somehow to transfer for example from a cw to cw in the account the items ?
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    Great ! Loadouts !
    - Remembers i'm playing GWF -
    Whatever.
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User

WHile the loadouts change build is a good thing i have a concern some players invested to other character of the same class in the account. CAN allow us somehow to transfer for example from a cw to cw in the account the items ?

Change "bound to character" to "bound to class". idk how well that would work with shared bank, but maybe they could make it work with mail.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• zhili666zhili666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    Can I ask why the stats on the Vivified gear that is fully charged have been nerfed compared to the ones on the live server? A lot of people put a lot of work in obtaining and restoring those gear. The new mastercraft gear have the same total stats as the current fully charged Vivified gear on live.
    zhili666 said:

The new mastercraft gear have the same total stats as the current fully charged Vivified gear on live.

And that's a really good thing. It actually makes Mastercraft relevant again.

edited March 2017

Serious stability issues

It is next-to-impossible to really test things on Preview when my client crashes every few minutes. The crashes do not seem related to what I am doing - in fact, in many cases they happen just if I stand still and do not touch the keyboard or my mouse.

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Change "bound to character" to "bound to class". idk how well that would work with shared bank, but maybe they could make it work with mail.
    They have to do that otherwise Those players included me are screwed and that because:
    1: i have to keep improve both builds seperately. more refine more ad more everything for bop stuff OR i have to throw my bop gear( companions-mounts and and and..................) into garbage to abandon one of the characters.
    2:someone who sticked to one character of the class will not have that issue with the loadouts.
  • benistvanbenistvan Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    While loadouts are an amazing new tool it instantly drops some pve dps balancing questions.
    There are certain classes which will benefit very much from quick paragon/feat changes in dungeons while others nothing.
    Like SWs will use soulbinder for boss and hellbringer for aoe and HRs will be used for trappers for boss and combat for aoe.
    While CWs and GWFs gets basically nothing. The easy spell loadout change will be ergonomical but thats all. TR? idk. probably nothing too.

Not to mention the pvp but it would require a standalone topic. :)
  • aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Any comments on the new item level rankings? I didn't see anything in the notes on this - was this intentional?
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I received the following error a couple times when I was testing, usually when I was alt-tabbed out to write here
    Unable to find required game data files. If this problem persists, reinstalling the application may fix the situation.

But maybe if what adinosii said is true perhaps it's also happening in-game. I only received it when I tabbed out though, on several occasions.

Changes made to Companions and Mounts are global and are not properly "saved" or "loaded" loaded with the new system. In other words, any changes you make to companions or mounts persist if you switch loadouts.

@terramak might want to take a look at these since their impact is pretty significant :P
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    can we have a way to transfer bound gear to other toons please?
  • panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    THNX GOD for Loadouts!!!!
    I wait for this a long time...now i can play DO and AC together!!!
    Thnx cryptic for one more time!

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I know I'm in the weird minority...

but if we own an old SH weapon set, can we have a quest or trial or challenge of sorts to upgrade the SH Set into a Titansteel weapon Set?

And can it be open to people with the requisite SH requirements for a Titansteel Set? Not all of us made Masterwork gear, some of us bought it off the AH...

This discussion has been closed.