test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Day of the Dungeon Master - pointless?

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
I am not complaining about the event - it is great fun if you have not done it before - however, if you have already completed everything, is there any point whatsoever in participating this year?

Sure, there are some rewards, but I already have Apocalypse Dagger, Portobello's Wand of Sight, Owlbear Figurine, Pewter Golem, Green Slime, Adorable Pocket Pet, and more Lliira's Fare, Lathander's Dew and Neverwintan Red Veins than I need.

Yes, there is the chance of getting the Beholder tank, but with a drop rate of 1-in-5000 (or something like that), I am not going to bother. I completed the campaign last year and got "The White" title - had sort-of hoped I would be able to re-do it this year for one of the other two titles, but that does not seem to be the case.

So, can anyone give me some reason for participating, or should I just ignore it, spend an hour per day on the River District dailies, and spend the rest of my gaming time on whatever I feel like doing?
Hoping for improvements...

Comments

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Same here - did it last year, won't be grinding for the Beholder that I'll never get anyway.
    I aim to misbehave
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    Pontless for everyone who did this event last year. Only thing you can do is try to get the beholder. But with theese droprates i dont even think about to farm this crappy mount.

• oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I started yestarday and the quests are not even fun, when the evaluators had to evaluate my dps and other stuff I just stood still doing nothing and 1 minute after they told me: "WoW, great damage..." blah blah bla

It's like all the content in Neverwinter make pointless the objective of maximize your character and being stronger...
  • tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Me thinks it's so pointless i didn't even do it the first time...
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I'd only do some for some extra lathander dew....
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    I used the Watler and its suppose to Double your Accreditation Points but when i do an Activity it gives me the same ammount 4 or 3 only... how its supposed to be used...(its green lvl)
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Yeah, looks pointless. I was hoping to take a shot at one of the other color titles this time, but no such luck...
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I have some wet paint drying which is more enjoyable than this.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    I love this event,,, just saying :)
  • zach#3177 zach Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I love this event. I'm currently running an alt through it now. I'll probably run another alt through it next year.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 43 Arc User

I love this event,,, just saying :)

Same here :)
  • senticonsenticon Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Few questions:
    - Is Apocalypse Dagger worth slotting as main arti if I don't have any decent ones yet?
    - I don't really understand how damage works on this one, it can fire off without causing damage all? Anywhere I can look up chance %?
    - Also, what about companion influence? Does it really work? Seen some reports that it's bugged. Is it?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    I ran with the Apoc Dagger on my main when I soloed and sometimes with party. Sometimes the party required that I run with an Eye of Lathander as my active artifact.

That changed over the weekend. Still have the Dagger. Just not using it now.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • senticonsenticon Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    greywynd said:

I ran with the Apoc Dagger on my main when I soloed and sometimes with party. Sometimes the party required that I run with an Eye of Lathander as my active artifact.

That changed over the weekend. Still have the Dagger. Just not using it now.

I see, so what can you say about damage? How often it failed?
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    The concept, design, and levity of the event are welcome changes to the game. I ran this last year on two toons, and if you take the head beating against a wall Beholder Tank thing out of it, quite amusing.

I ran the even this year too, on two other toons. One so that it could finish out the event. The other, just Respens part to get the title "The White" for a costume change I was planning on making.

As for the Beholder Tank, I ran the workshop a bunch of times for the toon that was looking to complete it. I really wasn't expecting to get the tank, and sure enough I didn't.

I stopped running the even about a week or so ago, I felt investing my time into something that had worse odds of me getting hit by a meteor by the light of a new moon, on Friday the 13th at high noon. Was not worth it.