test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Holy Avenger Damage Buff Value:

thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
Before the patch, the buff on T.Holy was 25% to the radiant damage dealt by the enchant (not 7.5%.) After the patch, the damage value on the tooltip is reported to be 10%. The tooltip for the buff value scales with stats (which would be ridiculously OP.) In reality, the buff value is 33%, and it only buffs the damage dealt by Holy Avenger. It also does not scale, unlike the scaling reported by the tooltip.

Examples of the bug:

Overview of all damage:

Ray of Frost:

Holy Avenger Damage:

As you can see, Ray of Frost only deviates on crits, however when the buff comes up, Holy Avenger's damage is increased.

Tested with 26 int and fixed damage weapons.

Expected damage:

1000*0.3*1.16*1.6(This is because I am using Ray of Frost) = 556.8

Expected damage with the buff:

1000*0.3*1.16*1.6(This is because I am using Ray of Frost)*1.1 = 612.48

Actual damage with the buff:

742.4/556.8=1.333333

Which shows that it is a 33% damage buff.

Tooltip:

1.16*0.1 = 0.116.

This shows the tooltip scaling.

Comments

• Options
    cforest#0755 cforest Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to the above report, instead of doing an extra 12% weapon damage (Radiant Damage) for 15 seconds, we're seeing 33% weapon damage for 15 seconds, i.e. 21% too high. Since the buff lasts 15 seconds with a 30 second cooldown, on average, the Holy Avenger is dealing an extra 7% weapon damage too much.

When in battle, the tooltip for this extra holy damage scales to ridiculous levels, which again, in Sharp's report above, does not actually scale, and is simply a tooltip error.

The Radiant damage doesn't sound that OP to me, but then again, the new behavior of these enchantments do confuse me somewhat. Would love to get some clarification on whole Holy Avenger hype, especially seeing the recent spike in price on the AH.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to the above report, instead of doing an extra 12% weapon damage (Radiant Damage) for 15 seconds, we're seeing 33% weapon damage for 15 seconds, i.e. 21% too high. Since the buff lasts 15 seconds with a 30 second cooldown, on average, the Holy Avenger is dealing an extra 7% weapon damage too much.

When in battle, the tooltip for this extra holy damage scales to ridiculous levels, which again, in Sharp's report above, does not actually scale, and is simply a tooltip error.

The Radiant damage doesn't sound that OP to me, but then again, the new behavior of these enchantments do confuse me somewhat. Would love to get some clarification on whole Holy Avenger hype, especially seeing the recent spike in price on the AH.

+1
  • Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    On the live server, There are videos of FBI speedruns where a holy avenger gwf takes absolutely huge chunks from bosses

On Xbox on my gwf I alternated Vorpal and avenger in msva, holy avenger runs I was 60m ahead, vorpal 10m behind next guy. No group changes, no one was dying etc...only thing being changed was my enchant. Other main DPS was in same tank group too, so we both had same amount of ITF, commanders

Was only 6 runs....but the numbers were lining up almost exactly.
  • Options
    rayrdan said:

+1
    The tooltip is useless for holy avenger. The bit at the end isn't a hit for weapon damage, it is a buff. Like the buff on Feytouched. It doesn't scale, (which would make it even more OP) but it is 33% instead of 10% (the patchnotes said it was supposed to be 10%.) The buff only effects the damage dealt by the holy avenger though and not your other hits.
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited April 2017

rayrdan said:

+1
    The tooltip is useless for holy avenger. The bit at the end isn't a hit for weapon damage, it is a buff. Like the buff on Feytouched. It doesn't scale, (which would make it even more OP) but it is 33% instead of 10% (the patchnotes said it was supposed to be 10%.) The buff only effects the damage dealt by the holy avenger though and not your other hits.
    Are you sure you just aren't reading their useless tooltip wrong? Not saying you are wrong on the 33% buff, just the tooltip.

Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    edited April 2017

rayrdan said:

+1
    Are you sure you just aren't reading their useless tooltip wrong? Not saying you are wrong on the 33% buff, just the tooltip.

@darthtzarr you are probably correct, in which case it probably isn't a bug and just a poor tooltip. It also makes t.holy inconsistent with every other enchant that does multiple weapon damage hits, whereby the additional hits are clearly noted as separate hits.

For example t.lightning in the logs, it is denoted as arc, burst and chain. The same is true with bilethorn, whereby you can see the difference between the AoE and the initial hit. Where as here it is summing the 2 hits and behaving like a buff. I apologize for the misunderstanding, I genuinely thought this was a bug :(

@kreatyve can you close this thread please? Sorry for misinforming people, I hate being wrong :(
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Closed at OP's request.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.