test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Keep track of your Arcanic Focus before you farm

b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
I've been robbed of 2 AF today, and who knows how many before.. I have noticed that the number hasn't been getting past 28 so today I confirmed it. when we started the Dig Site PUG I had 28 @ 3:31pm EST from chat log.

at 3:35p in a Dungeon I opened the chest. AF! opened again, AF! that's 2.

then we went to another sewer and got another at 3:44pm. I look at my Profession inventory, to confirm and my AF is 29. Not 31. What gives!

Comments

• Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    I can confirm this too. Two days ago and it had happened with 2 AF as well. I thought it was a one off glitch or sth cause i got everything ok past those two. But if it happens to others too eh...everyone should keep track indeed. It is hard to get as it is
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    May be they hot patched and made "open it again" to be a deduction. Just a wild guess. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Also if you double click or your Inventory is Full you get the little window letting you know you get a Arcanic Focus and you wont get anything.
  • Options
    bbemfica1986bbemfica1986 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    it happened with me today, i was in a party and managed to farm 3 arcanic focus, in all dig sites i pressed the button to take the loot, but when i finished, those 3 arcanic focus have gone or i dont received them at all.

FIX THIS ASAP. This is a serious bug, im stop playing for a while after this .......
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User

it happened with me today, i was in a party and managed to farm 3 arcanic focus, in all dig sites i pressed the button to take the loot, but when i finished, those 3 arcanic focus have gone or i dont received them at all.

FIX THIS ASAP. This is a serious bug, im stop playing for a while after this .......

Did you check your profession resource tab? They aren't in normal inventory.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    litaaers said:

Did you check your profession resource tab? They aren't in normal inventory.

I play this game for 2+ years .... Yes i checked.
  • Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Happened to me as well.. at the time I had chalked it up to maybe THINKING I counted wrong, but now I see I was probably right
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Havent seen it..

nor I have heard anyone complaining about this particular issue.

• Options
    Same issue happened today with another char 2 arcani

Same issue happened with another char this time "i lost / do not receive" 2 AFs even after pressing the take button

Some admin / moderator can help ?
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User

No admins or Mods can help you with in game stuff. If you have a bug, log it in the bug forums.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    litaaers said:

No admins or Mods can help you with in game stuff. If you have a bug, log it in the bug forums.

I created a topic reporting this issue in the Bug forums section, all plp with the same issue post your experiences there.

Ty all
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Now this is new to me :o So you open the last chest, you see AF there, you press F and you don't get that AF? Does the tooltip pop up of things you get?
  • Options
    ninurta#5639 ninurta Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Bump. Just had the same thing happen to me two days in a row. Shorted 1 Focus each time. I posted details in the Bug Forums.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    If people are getting a problem when the "double loot" they really have no basis for a complaint, as they are trying to exploit a bug. If it happens in "normal" play, then yes...it is a bug - wondering if this could be an issue that only happens if you go in a group, though.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    vespera33vespera33 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    Chests and maps in dig sites tend to be buggy if more than 1 person take them at the same time. Chest will show what you are supposed to get and map will lose the sparkles but if you pay attention you will see there is no pop up in the bottom right corner that indicates you looted the items.

Double clicking to get loot x2 is another thing.
  • Options
    hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Is this only happening when grouped?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I will stop farming for a while because this arcanic focus stuff is a total mess, im quite frustrated, hope tomorrow next patch solve the problem instead of bring new bugs as usual.
    Post edited by bbemfica1986 on
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited March 2017

I will stop farming for a while this arcanic focus stuff is a total mess, im quite frustrated, hope tomorrow next patch solve the problem instead of bring new bugs as usual.

The new patch is today and probably now.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

I will stop farming for a while this arcanic focus stuff is a total mess, im quite frustrated, hope tomorrow next patch solve the problem instead of bring new bugs as usual.

Correct and it has already been extended by an hour >:)

• Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    qexotic said:

Correct and it has already been extended by an hour >:)

They are still looking for the missing AF :D
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    If you get nothing while you open the chest with someone else at the same time - this is "totally normal" :D This bug been there for quite awhile, i.e eToS, VT, MC... if two or more users start to open the same chest, whoever is the first to press F to loot everything, the others that were accessing the same chest will get nothing (in case the first one have enough space to loot everything. If he can't do that, you will loot unlooted things). So if you are in a group farming sites, just wait your turn. Or if you see that you are not the first one to open it, just move a bit and cancel opening animation. Then try to open it again.
  • Options
    sobac said:

If you get nothing while you open the chest with someone else at the same time - this is "totally normal" :D This bug been there for quite awhile, i.e eToS, VT, MC... if two or more users start to open the same chest, whoever is the first to press F to loot everything, the others that were accessing the same chest will get nothing (in case the first one have enough space to loot everything. If he can't do that, you will loot unlooted things). So if you are in a group farming sites, just wait your turn. Or if you see that you are not the first one to open it, just move a bit and cancel opening animation. Then try to open it again.

If the game says i loot a item and the item dont go to my inventory thats not "totally normal", i dont care if the chinese hamsters devs cant fix bizarre bugs like this one and the one you reported above, i just want my AFs i looted back.
  • Options
    Hehe, i agree XD But there are hundred of things that were reported many times, for many years... This is one of the old bugs, just do that what i said, don't open chest with someone else at the same time and you should avoid this bug easily.
  • Options
    rundosrunrundosrun Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    looted 3 got none...yes i was in a party...next time i won't loot until everyone is out of the site...HAMSTER this...
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I'm moderately sure I had something similar with Reclaimed Magic. Inventory was full (although there was already a stack of 5 RM in my inventory) and I didn't get the 12 or so that was in the chest at the end. Not sure if I just missed a warning or something and that they were still in the chest . . . . . . dunno