test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary companion bonus

rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
15% more stats.
how does it work?
is 15% more base stats or 15% more stats from gear and enchantments or all the things already listed plus bonding procs?

Comments

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    It is my understanding it is 15% of base stats on the stat screen which includes gear bonus and enchantments.
  • dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    It's 15% of the summoned companions base stats go to you. The summoned companion doesn't have to be the legendary companion for the bonus to work.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

It is my understanding it is 15% of base stats on the stat screen which includes gear bonus and enchantments.

seems nothing special for 1M ads :(
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

seems nothing special for 1M ads :(
    Yeah as the others have said, 15% of all stats you can see get sent over including HP... it can actually add up to a nice number of stats. Other than that Legendary also increases their survivability as well as stats, ideally you want your main Summoned Companion as Legendary. I have 3 Leg Companions rotting away in my bank now :(
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    @rayrdan
    Every little bit adds to what you presently might not have. So choose carefully what you make Legendary.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    It should be noted that this is 15% of the companion's buffed stats, including power sharing auras. Not a huge benefit when compared with bonding stones, but still not entirely insignificant as others have pointed out.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    The 15% always applies, even if the active legendary pet is not the one you summon. Best to make one of the really useful ones legendary - an archon, or the seigemaster, then if your main pet gets nerfed, it doesn't matter.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

The 15% always applies, even if the active legendary pet is not the one you summon. Best to make one of the really useful ones legendary - an archon, or the seigemaster, then if your main pet gets nerfed, it doesn't matter.

sadly my main pet is a pseudragon, im not planning of changing it mainly because i cant get new avenger gear
    rayrdan said:

jonkoca said:

sadly my main pet is a pseudragon, im not planning of changing it mainly because i cant get new avenger gear
    https://two30.github.io/neverwinter-bonding/?0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,3,3,0,0,0,0,0

You have some options available for switching still using same equips. Notably, Air Archon has the same exact slots. Blink Dog, Con Artists, and Ambush Drake are all 1 piece of equip off, so you could potentially pick up a new item from the IG skrim as a replacement.

To each their own of course, but don't feel locked into one companion.
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    CORRECTED SO DELETED
    Post edited by jhpnw on
    edited March 2017
    jhpnw said:

NOTE : @ Purple you get 10 % when you make it orange it goes to 15% so its just a 5% increase the advantage is @ orange the 15% goes to any companion summoned other than that only the orange companion gets the benefit of better survival and better stats for the level increase if summoned

I'm almost entirely certain that you are incorrect.

If I had to guess, I think you're conflating 2 concepts:
    1. When a companion is ranked up to a new rarity level (white -> green, green -> blue, etc.) it gains a % increase to its own stats. I think that upgrading blue -> purple yields a 10% stat increase. This is separate from the stat increase based on leveling up in ranks.
    2. When a companion reaches orange, it gains a secondary Active Skill, which grants you 15% of your summoned companion's stats (regardless of whether the legendary companion is the one that is summoned). This bonus doesn't stack (so multiple orange pets don't yield any additional benefit).
    Those two bonuses are different, and there is not a "10% of summoned companion's stats" active bonus that I am aware of.
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for help on this

previous I said to clarify purple companions are 10% for self when go to 15% they gain 5 more and then this is available to what ever companion is summoned. But when you raise purple to orange you just pick up extra 5% not 15% more of companions stats if its the legendary is summoned .

Now heres why I said it. What I based my opinion off of was dancing blade sword Which I have 2 one is purple one is orange when I changed from epic to legendary only saw a 5% increase in stats added to scores but when I changed to Air archon I Did get a total of 15% stats increase from DBS so I concluded with orange being the summoned I only received 5% more since this is what my stats showed where as air archon was purple but still got 15% more with DBS still as a active companion so I think I have a bug there some where then. Thanks for info all.

So much bugged stuff that Crpytic wont fix I got Original Historians Regalia that had no AC listed but they went back and added Ac to it every other HR has it at AC12 mines only at 6AC. I filed Bug report they agreed but when asked to be fixed They said no to replace or fix just oh well.
    Post edited by jhpnw on
    edited March 2017
    jhpnw said:

to clarify purple companions are 10% for self when go to 15% they gain 5 more and then this is available to what ever companion is summoned. But when you raise purple to orange you just pick up extra 5% not 15% more of companions stats.

Again, I think this is false.

The "companion stat" increase is completely separate from the Legendary Active. When you raise purple to orange, it gets X% more base stats (doesn't affect runestones / equips) for that particular companion (possibly 10% like you say, haven't tested myself) + 15% of your summoned companion's buffed stats transferred to you. That 15% bit is only available at legendary (orange).

It's false to say that a purple companion transfers 10% of its stats to you. It doesn't. It has a 10% stat bump compared to a blue companion of the same rank. And it's false to say that getting the Legendary Active is only a 5% incremental increase. In addition to the stat increase for that particular companion, getting to Legendary also gives the companion a new Active that transfers 15% of stats from summoned companion to owner. At epic there is no similar power that just transfers less.

To further clarify / draw a distinction, the stat increase from leveling up your companion affects that particular companion's stats. As does upgrading it to a better color. The Legendary Active gets added for Legendary Companions, but will affect any summoned companion as long as your Legendary companion is one of your Active companions. So you can have a Legendary companion active but not summoned and an epic companion summoned, and you'll get 15% of the summoned epic companion's stats.

Finally, the Legendary Active doesn't stack. So as long as you have any 1 orange Active companion, your summoned companion will transfer 15% of its buffed stats to you. It often makes sense for your summoned companion to be the orange one (since it gets a tiny bump in base stats from being higher rank / color) but it doesn't need to be. It doesn't provide any additional benefit to have multiple orange companions.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    @jhpnw there is no legendary 10% bonus. If there was, it would be called an "epic" 10% bonus. Sorry dude/dudette, you are not correct.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    yup the 15 percent bonus applied to you is ONLY applicable on legendary toons. it isn't there for epic.
  • hawkblaze1954#5209 hawkblaze1954 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    So to sum it up
    1)Companions active bonus does not increase from epic. Also does not unlock any powers or skins.
    2)Legendary increase the companions level from 35 to 40, therefore has an increase in base stats.
    3)Legendary active bonus is 15% of summoned companion (NB the legendary companion must be in the active slot/summoned)

• eeng1eeng1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    dupeks: How do you read that chart?
    Is this Holiday Helper the "best" to get, or are all with a score of 12 better than the ones below them?
    edited April 2017
    eeng1 said:

Is this Holiday Helper the "best" to get, or are all with a score of 12 better than the ones below them?

The chart sorts by the weights you specify, and then by attack speed (given one of the goals is to get companion's gift/protector's camaraderie to proc quickly).

I had put in weights that were prioritizing Ring and Neck slots, as well as offensive rune slots, because the OP was looking for companions that had similar gear to Pseudodragons.

You can switch the weights around so that it prioritizes the types of equip / rune slots that you are interested in seeing. And then faster tends to be better. And of course active bonus / any summoned defense-shredding attacks matter too.
    dupeks said:

eeng1 said:

The chart sorts by the weights you specify, and then by attack speed (given one of the goals is to get companion's gift/protector's camaraderie to proc quickly).

I had put in weights that were prioritizing Ring and Neck slots, as well as offensive rune slots, because the OP was looking for companions that had similar gear to Pseudodragons.

You can switch the weights around so that it prioritizes the types of equip / rune slots that you are interested in seeing. And then faster tends to be better. And of course active bonus / any summoned defense-shredding attacks matter too.
    Hmm, thanks, so one could try to find the best option acording to ones Loyal Avenger gear I guess.
    I got 1 Sword Knot, Necklace, Icon, Girdle, Ring and 2 Talisman, plotting that in give me Wayward Wizard as best choice if I want all 3 bonding slots to be offensive?
    edited April 2017
    eeng1 said:

dupeks said:

eeng1 said:

Hmm, thanks, so one could try to find the best option acording to ones Loyal Avenger gear I guess.
    I got 1 Sword Knot, Necklace, Icon, Girdle, Ring and 2 Talisman, plotting that in give me Wayward Wizard as best choice if I want all 3 bonding slots to be offensive?
    Well, you have to look at all of the companions on there close in the list.

I think I would take Shadow Demon or Paranoid Delusion over Wayward Wizard due to the active powers. But both of those are melee and Wizard is a ranged controller.

Sellsword or Rebel Mercenary could also work for your equipment, and I'm partial to those because of the rank 30 attack that provides a 10% uncapped defense debuff. But they are kind of squishy and a little slower. Tradeoffs.

If you prefer a ranged companion you'd have to look for other tradeoffs given your available gear.

If you have rings laying around, Lillend is an OK option especially if you find you are struggling with staying alive.

Wind Archon is fast and great active bonus but melee, and you could slot 2 loyal gears and a personalized ring (or SKT ring if you have em).

So this is a tool to help you explore, but you can't blindly follow the top of the list. Because it's hard to capture all of the various tradeoffs (melee vs. ranged, attack speed, gear/rune slots, active bonus, summoned attacks with beneficial party buffs).
    Thx again Dupeks. I do have the zhentrim warlock and shadow demon at lvl 40 already, but I also got all the 4 archons and the wild hunt at lvl 35. And I have 1 ring of the strike (I think its called), which is almost as good as loyal avenge.
    I just see everybody using fire archon so it makes me wonder :)