test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hotkeys/Controls Unresponsive

nav856nav856 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2017 in Bug Reports (PC)
On my GWF I cant use the Shard of Orcus as when I go to activate it, no target appears on the floor. This started happening after I refined it to Mythic. The same targeting issue is preventing me from progressing through Gyrion campaign. I cant make a super jump as I cant target the next platform. Any one experienced these issues?

Mod Note: Updated Subject Title after multiple threads were merged.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• buffehans1buffehans1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    Had the same issue on my GWF as on my CW. BeckyLunatic stated in another thread, that you have to reset your Keybindings (Settingspage one). After that reset everything works again
    Gutbuster.
    Draven - GF
    Celine Darkblade - TR
    Zuul - GWF
  • nav856nav856 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User

Had the same issue on my GWF as on my CW. BeckyLunatic stated in another thread, that you have to reset your Keybindings (Settingspage one). After that reset everything works again

Brilliant - it worked. Thank you so much
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I've run into the same issue.. with my GWF on anything that targets (like Mighty Leap), my HR for ranged Cordon of Arrows, my TRs on Shadowy Disappearance, and with the jumpy thing in Gyrion.

I've also found that resetting keybinds wasn't a permanent solution. I'd reset my keybinds on my GWF (I was parkouring and needed Mighty Leap), but had to re-reset them in Gyrion. Also, even after resetting the keybinds on my HR, I still can't use Cordon of Arrows.

Regardless, I hope they figure out how to fix this and, well, fix it.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    @instynctive It's not clear if you just tried changing the binds, or restored the defaults. I know even that is not necessarily a permanent fix because it can happen again, and there doesn't seem any rhyme or reason to it.

When this happens to a character, it will affect everything that targets using a splat.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User

@instynctive It's not clear if you just tried changing the binds, or restored the defaults. I know even that is not necessarily a permanent fix because it can happen again, and there doesn't seem any rhyme or reason to it.

When this happens to a character, it will affect everything that targets using a splat.

I clicked the "Reset to Defaults" button and didn't add any keybinds. It sucks, because I liked my CTRL+M to check my mail and F12 to log directly back to the character select screen.. and, of course, all the emotes on my numberpad. :-)

But I'll keep clicking that button, as needed, when I want to go parkouring.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
    After resetting defaults, I always put my custom binds back immediately. I think I tried copying the profile from an unbugged character and it promptly re-bugged the one I'd had to restore, so I tried setting them manually and it was fine. Pain in the hamster, but I do currently have them all working the way I like them, and more importantly, the way my fingers think they should work.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• kreight1kreight1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hi,

A few days before the latest update my hunter ranger character became unable to use Bear Trap skill and Rain of arrows skill and possibly other skills which require aiming with HUD ground reticle. Tapping the skill button does not give trigger the skill. If I press the skill button my aiming reticle disappears but there's not visible ground reticle. If I press alt to activate my mouse cursor I can see that skill ground reticle but I still can't left click to use the skill.

After the latest patch my character became zoomed in without the option to zoom out. This actually hinders skill use because of the reduced visibility and enemy position awareness.

I created a bug report in game but there are no tickets visible on the ticket list in game. After that I created a support ticket via arc support system. They didn't help me at all.

So is there anybody who can actually do something about this? This character is above level 60 and I wouldn't want to lose him. This is the first time HAMSTER like this happens to my MMO character. Check out the screenshot.

https://ibb.co/diyfH5

screenshot_2017_07_27_13_12_12

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    Did you remap your keys? May be you need to reset that and start over.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Yes, try going to options, gameplay options, and hitting the "restore defaults" button. Even if you never customized anything.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• kreight1kreight1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Well waht do you know. It worked! Thanks! You know what Arc support told me? They told me this was an unknown bug and they couldn't give me an ETA on a fix. OMG! It's hilarious.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    kreight1 said:

Well waht do you know. It worked! Thanks! You know what Arc support told me? They told me this was an unknown bug and they couldn't give me an ETA on a fix. OMG! It's hilarious.

Quoted for truth :smile:
  • cerealkiller0txcerealkiller0tx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    https://youtu.be/uZL3SCYq8T8

Any power that has an AOE will not activate. I do not get a targeting reticle on the first key press and even double pressing the key will not activate the power.

The bug is demonstrated in the video above.
  • time2011time2011 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    maybe it's just you because my dc's aoe powers work just fine
  • nyihahanyihaha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    I met this bug with my SW, too. I wasn't even be able to jump at SP's 2nd boss. I reset to default for keybinds after I tried everything and it solved the issue. However i still don't know what triggered this bug since I didn't touch keybinds recently.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    This has been a recurring bug since mod 11 launch. It affects all ground targeted powers even jumping for Gyrion and Spellplague and can affect any class. DC and HT are the most likely to notice it because of the number of powers those classes have that are affected.

What triggers it has never been known but resetting keybinds fixes the issue. Keybinds can then be reset manually without issue.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • cerealkiller0txcerealkiller0tx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    THANKS! @nyihaha @pitshade - That worked!!
    Lesson learned- I'll come here directly next time I have a problem.
    3 weeks I've been waiting for support to help. You guys dealt with it over night!!
  • time2011time2011 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    that's cause support doesnt actually help they give you some lines of saying they will but help never comes
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Always check the forums when you have issues, a search at the top would have found your answer without even waiting for a reply! This has been talked about numerous times here!
    Hi guys,
    I found the source of this bug. As we know it's not related to only DC, but also other classes.
    What triggered this bug on my SW was the /gfxsetdefaultfov command. If you change the default value AoE is gone.
    Options / Gameplay / reset to defaults will fix it.
    Workaround: /camzoomin and /camzoomout.

I don't know how to report it to devs on this forum so please feel free to share this post to them.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    nyihaha said:

Hi guys,
    I found the source of this bug. As we know it's not related to only DC, but also other classes.
    What triggered this bug on my SW was the /gfxsetdefaultfov command. If you change the default value AoE is gone.
    Options / Gameplay / reset to defaults will fix it.
    Workaround: /camzoomin and /camzoomout.

I don't know how to report it to devs on this forum so please feel free to share this post to them.

Just jumping in here to say that might be a red herring. I regularly use this command and do not get this issue (I've gotten it maybe once a year ago?)

I have /gfxsetdefaulfov bound to mousewheel and I constantly zoom in and out (setting the command to different values between 20 and 100). Sometimes I also manually type out the command for certain specific situations.

I main a DC, and use primarily groundsplat powers (my solo rotation is Chains, DG, and DL -- all splat powers). I would like to say I would notice if the /gfxsetdefaultfov command was responsible for breaking them for me.

However, it's possible that on SW it does (I don't personally play) but again I would be very surprised since I have SW friends that also use the /gfxsetdefaultfov command a lot and haven't even complained about ground splat interference.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

THANKS! @nyihaha @pitshade - That worked!!
    Lesson learned- I'll come here directly next time I have a problem.
    3 weeks I've been waiting for support to help. You guys dealt with it over night!!

If you need response from Support through the Support Center, make sure you're filing a Support Ticket and not a bug report. Game Masters will respond to Support Tickets within a few business days. Since you've waited weeks, I'm assuming you filed a bug report instead.

Here's how to tell the difference between a Bug Report and a Support Ticket: Bug Report Ticket Numbers are one whole denomination, for example, "5,674,977." While Support Ticket Numbers are a two sets of numbers separated by a dash, for example, "870874-031030."

Bug reports and Support tickets are two entirely separate things, Bug reports go to the QA team at Cryptic and do not get responses. Support Tickets go to the Game Masters at PWE and get responses within a few business days.

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Now that you have your keybinds working again, I suggest to export them so you can easily import them should this happen again to you. To do this, in chat type /bind_save_file filenamehere and then when you need to load that file to correct this issue, or even to import it onto a different character, type in chat /bind_load_file filenamehere - the filename can be anything you like. It will save it in the game's installation directory and you can edit it directly with notepad. You can even edit it while logged in, save the file changes and then load it with the command.
    Field of view and area targetting can both bug out, seemingly at random, and in both cases can be fixed by restoring default settings.

Area targeting becoming bugged existed long before they added the zoom feature.

Neverwinter Census 2017

@dupeks
    Well, for me this command is that caused the problem. It wasn't bound to anything I just issued it in the chat window. I don't know whether it makes any difference.

@zebular
    Thank you for these useful commands.

@beckylunatic
    gfxsetdefaultfov triggered the bug on my SW, but I will check it again after saving my custom bindings.
  • adridollieadridollie Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Hi guys,

So it seems whenever I get up close to a wall or edge, my zoom scroll stops working and the camera is insanely close on my character. The only way I've seen to fix this is restarting the game entirely. I haven't had this issue until today and haven't changed any settings. Anyone else having this issue? It's incredibly annoying.
  • sakurapink7sakurapink7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    I have the same issue like you.
    Since last week,I have an issue with one of my character: its view is stuck,
    I have already tried using my mouse wheel to zoom in and out when in inspect mode and tried the any console commands to fix it .
    If I log out and log in, playing this character first, I wil be able to zoom in and out for a short time only as same as when in inspect mode.
    The character view shift automatically to the max zoom and I cannot unzoom it anymore. The other characters do not have this issue. I often play this character, but I can not solve it yet.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Try resetting the UI to default under Options?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • sakurapink7sakurapink7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    Thank you for your comment.
    I tried it and I solved this issue immediately.
    I really appreciate your comments.
  • gigalens#6466 gigalens Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Hi guys, I have the same bug.

Please read this thread (click here).

In the "Behind the Mask" weekly, when we're chasing Gyrion, we quickly reach a point where we have to make some impossible jumps. We're told that a "Jump Spell" will be cast to assist us. And, indeed, as we approach the ledge, red letters appear on the screen that say "Jump Spell."

But... dagnabbit! No matter what I do, my toon jumps as normal. Which means I just die over and over. How the heck is this supposed to work? What am I doing wrong?

http://imgur.com/a/MDZDn

Lyshkami said:

When I hit 'Q', no targeting symbol appears. And hitting 'Q' again, or clicking the mouse, has no effect, whether I'm aiming at the next island or the ground beside me. My character doesn't jump anywhere.

I opened a ticket but Game Master told me to send bug report and... wait !!!
    Please forgive my not proper English, I'm Italian, I hope you understood me.

In this clip (click here) a player shows the bug.

https://youtu.be/gSOnu8TsVK0

The clip was not uploaded by me, but it shows the same bug of my character MAGO@gigalens#6466 !!!!

Someone of you found a solution?

Thank you very much!

Raffaele
    MAGO@gigalens#6466
    Yes, the solution is to follow the steps to restore default gameplay settings, even if you have never customized anything. Like the thread says to.

Neverwinter Census 2017