test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I hate jumps

baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
edited February 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
I hate jumps.

it is to the point, that I will only complete the Gyrion quest chain, on one character.

No way in Seven Hells and by Grobther's Hammer, and Tiamats Negligee' will I subject myself to the torture that is the jumping fiasco on the quest chain.

For the love of God, Money, and Sgt' Knox sanity given us a way to bypass the jumps once we do them once on an account.

Gawds.. I hate jumps.

:(

Comments

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Since I'm not real great with subtleties...

Are you saying that you are not a fan of jumps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8FkJkWNP9A
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    I like Jumping puzzles! Actually Guild wars 2 has tons of hidden ones in the game with treasure at the end. I find them challanging and fun. :)

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    DDO has a lot of good jump type quests as well... wow.. did they have some good stuff.... no offense NW, I like you to ;)
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I am not entirely fond of the obstacle course that is Nostura either. Would be nice once you did it once you would be given the option of going right to the castle or running the course again to get the achievements.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Did it last night, c'mon, it wasn't exactly tough, point and click, shazoooom. The game needs variety like this.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    2nd part is really stupid. Your platform vanishes under your feet before the next one you jump to appears at the last second.
  • Options
    waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User

I like Jumping puzzles! Actually Guild wars 2 has tons of hidden ones in the game with treasure at the end. I find them challanging and fun. :)

I hated those in GW2 :smile: To each his own
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

I hated those in GW2 :smile: To each his own
    Haha I loved them in GW2, I completed them all. I loved finding the hidden areas on maps :D
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Too much tasty beverage, late hour playing, and a touch of lag (both connection and me) resulted in me repeatedly trying to make the jump WITHOUT the Jump mechanic....lol After I finally realized there was a jump button, it took a while to realize that you could not pause too long (for a sip of tasty beverage) as the platform would disappear. Needless to say it was an interesting experience when in the "right" state of mind.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I dis Gyrion's on Sunday and hated it, though I was getting the same issue about platforms not appearing before the current one faded. When that wasn't the case, it was doable, but regardless I have no intention of doing it more than once per character.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    Keep having to die once in order to get the platforms to properly materialize.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    One thing that made life HUGELY easier for me was to buy a mouse that has a tilt wheel.

A tilt wheel is a scrollwheel that you can push to the left and right. It effectively has two extra buttons: mouse button 4 and mouse button 5. I mapped button 4 (which is a left push) to the mount function and mouse button 5 (a right push) to the jump function. Being able to aim and jump with one hand makes precision jumping infinitely easier. I can't stress enough how much it helps to separate jumping from movement.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    hustin1 said:

One thing that made life HUGELY easier for me was to buy a mouse that has a tilt wheel.

A tilt wheel is a scrollwheel that you can push to the left and right. It effectively has two extra buttons: mouse button 4 and mouse button 5. I mapped button 4 (which is a left push) to the mount function and mouse button 5 (a right push) to the jump function. Being able to aim and jump with one hand makes precision jumping infinitely easier. I can't stress enough how much it helps to separate jumping from movement.

Ain't helping me.....
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    It's fun up to a point, but it's very susceptible to lag issues as with all stuff of this nature done in an MMO, though Neverwinter does seem particularly bad about character positioning when there is any hint of a network delay.
  • Options
    Just went through that a few times. Gotta say.. I'm not a fan either. I'm sure it'll get easier with practice, but until then.. lots of falls. Although I haven't earned the title yet.... lol
    header.png
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    If you don't have vip you may need lots of injury kits haha.. it was fun to jump around
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I got lucky and earned both titles from the Nostura instance today, in the same run. It does get easier over time, although the climb over the bridge is a bit nerve-wracking.
  • Options
    This gets stuck in my head when I have to do a bunch of jumping...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTa6Xbzfq1U
    header.png
  • Options
    baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    it is fun.. exactly for 1 half of 1 run.

The platforms disappearing reminds me of the too much brightness in Bryn Shandar when it first came out.

A game mechanic that the programmers thought added flavor and variety to the game, but in reality causes aggravation and disdain from the user base.

No thank you.

As I stated, will finish Gyrions quest chain on the main, but spell plague will remain locked for my other characters.

Nothing is worth that much hassle.

:/
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Anyone with a halfling toon able to make the first jump? I spent 20 minutes but those short legs can't seem to do it. I had to give up cuz I was getting nauseous. I can't believe chit like this even passed QA. Since the other weapons are not appealing for my TR, I have to throw in the towel on mod 11. I have an elf CW I want that weapon for. Hopefully I can make the jumps when I unlock the quest.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User

Anyone with a halfling toon able to make the first jump? I spent 20 minutes but those short legs can't seem to do it. I had to give up cuz I was getting nauseous. I can't believe chit like this even passed QA. Since the other weapons are not appealing for my TR, I have to throw in the towel on mod 11. I have an elf CW I want that weapon for. Hopefully I can make the jumps when I unlock the quest.

You ARE aware that you are not supposed to use normal 'space bar' jumps right?

You get a new skill on the q button that basically teleports you from island to island. It is not really jumping.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    The jumping stuff was really great and fun. Like the other 2 quests too (nostura and kabal). We need more stuff like that. Maybe also in dungeons.
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    Is there a special jump for Nostura too? The whole thing is totally annoying and after doing it once after 30 minutes trying the next day I had to abandon in and lost my portal stone as a result, there's no way I'm wasting my time doing this HAMSTER multiple times to get a weapon. Another mod I'm sitting out,, thanks for a wasted week.
  • Options

You ARE aware that you are not supposed to use normal 'space bar' jumps right?

You get a new skill on the q button that basically teleports you from island to island. It is not really jumping.

Ya, you get Mighty Leap, the GWF power. It does have uses. lol

Or, more in the vein of TR powers, "Shadowy Disappearance". I think GWFs and TRs might have a slight advantage here, since the jump button ("Q") creates target aiming mechanism that is identical to Both GWF's "Mighty Leap" and TR's "Shadowy Disapppearance".

Oh.. if the jump button doesn't give you the targeting mechanic, then you will need to reset your defaults in-game:
    ESC -> Options -> Reset Defaults

header.png