test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Laghtning Enchantment

2»

Comments

• kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    If you want to see it lag, take 2 BIS CW's down the long MOB filled halls in CN using Steal Time, Icy Terrain, COI, & Oppressive Force. If you don't run with a class that can multi-proc Lightning and don't have enough mobs engaged, you'll probably won't ever see lag (and for the record I have a pure Lightning myself, that I can upgrade to Trans when I want).

Hardware used(i4970k, 16gb ram, Nvidia 970, good local US network connection).
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    I normally have no problems with icy terrain. This is a map I normally have no issues with.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    Did eToS with my CW yesterday, with another CW in party, I was using pure and he/she was using trans version. I noticed small lags with big mob groups, but i normally suffer these lags when we try to pull 2 groups or more for fast killing, so dunno how much lag add lightning ench here :S Might add a bit of extra lag but think not too much to be worried about.
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2017

It is obvious this is all about resisting change. Vorpal has always been king, Dread is like a rival to the throne. Lightning comes along and both rivals attack it. If it was not lightning, it would be something else. Just get a Lightning or not, no use trying to ruin other players' investment.

It's not even BiS, it's just fine against pack of mobs, falls behind against single target by Dread/Vorpal/Bilethorn and doesn't provide as much burst as Vorpal/Dread.

Being one of the king in a specific situation is perfect for an enchant such as Lightning.

However we could have asked a nerf to Vorpal back when he was ruling everything else because he was the king in every single situations.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2017

I lag there without Lightning, Icy Terrain itself causes lag.

i dont care if something is op or not anymore hence i will stay out of this topic, but please learn to listen to other opinion.
    you will soon or later meet a metaphorical wall in real life otherwise.

end of moralization
  • hugecromagnonhugecromagnon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    After testing Lightning weapon on my SW, the damage has been reduced significantly. Only because both BoVA and DreadTheft now only proc it once per cast. Before the last patch I was getting equal procs to hits for both skills. Was this an intentional change or unintended consequence that can be fixed? It's pretty frustrating since I invested millions of AD and items worth millions of AD to up it to trans only to have it gimped into an unusable state.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    I still think this lightning is good for aoe classes, but vorp is better for dps classes like tr/gwf.

• blu3armyblu3army Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2017

It is obvious this is all about resisting change. Vorpal has always been king, Dread is like a rival to the throne. Lightning comes along and both rivals attack it. If it was not lightning, it would be something else. Just get a Lightning or not, no use trying to ruin other players' investment.

The day has come @defiantone99 , to agree with you and to actually post about it, How many modules vorpal has been arround and king of kings? Enough is enough, vorpal has not been nerfed and is still performing good.
    But...I am a fully BiS optiimised GWF and after playing since beta and using vorpal i switched to Transanscendent Lightning and i payed alot of money for it for a reason.
    The enchant is simply excelent with my 103k self buffed power build with steel blitz and still high crit sev, nothing can match it single target or otherwise, i outperformed any vorpal user for that matter while testing it these days all high end players.
    For the @c3rb3r3 Bilethorn ahead of Lightning? Just lol man just lol, it sucks so bad i cant even explain how bad the enchant is on gwf.
    So cry for nerf, XX mod`s vorpal was king the reign is over so cry even more, many just can`t afford it, and many just whine `cause they are used to it.

P.S As for the OP seems to me you can slot ICBM nuclear weapon in you slot and you will still get rekt and outperformed so check your build and facts. Over and out.

Unforgiven GWF The Holy Crusaders
    Post edited by blu3army on
  • crazybibcrazybib Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    @blu3army
    do you have ACT logs from your single target fight? because as thefabricant shown in his ACT logs, the lighting damage come from the lighting arc that only procs between several mobs whereas its equivalent for single target (lighting burst) is absolutely meh.
    So except if GWF can proc lighting arc even on single target, I don't understand how lighting is BIS for for you.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I seen a comment above saying "So what if the CW benefits most from it". I agree with that statement 110%. Who took the biggest hit from the Lostmauth set nerf? The CW lost a huge % of their damage from that... Time for them to enjoy climbing the charts again! And no, My main is NOT a CW...
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    edited 'cus was wrong
    Post edited by c3rb3r3 on
  • ivansinkovic1ivansinkovic1 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    blu3army said:

The day has come @defiantone99 , to agree with you and to actually post about it, How many modules vorpal has been arround and king of kings? Enough is enough, vorpal has not been nerfed and is still performing good.
    But...I am a fully BiS optiimised GWF and after playing since beta and using vorpal i switched to Transanscendent Lightning and i payed alot of money for it for a reason.
    The enchant is simply excelent with my 103k self buffed power build with steel blitz and still high crit sev, nothing can match it single target or otherwise, i outperformed any vorpal user for that matter while testing it these days all high end players.
    For the @c3rb3r3 Bilethorn ahead of Lightning? Just lol man just lol, it sucks so bad i cant even explain how bad the enchant is on gwf.
    So cry for nerf, XX mod`s vorpal was king the reign is over so cry even more, many just can`t afford it, and many just whine `cause they are used to it.

P.S As for the OP seems to me you can slot ICBM nuclear weapon in you slot and you will still get rekt and outperformed so check your build and facts. Over and out.

Unforgiven GWF The Holy Crusaders
    Imho, Lightning is great for large groups of mobs,with more power it brings you insane DPS, but for solo targets you need to get T. light, where it gets single target buff. Can't say for sure, but I believe that Vorpal is still better on ST (bosses), at least for gwf (I don't have a high end gwf, it is just from my experience as a DC inspecting people in FBI).

If you want to see it lag, take 2 BIS CW's down the long MOB filled halls in CN using Steal Time, Icy Terrain, COI, & Oppressive Force. If you don't run with a class that can multi-proc Lightning and don't have enough mobs engaged, you'll probably won't ever see lag (and for the record I have a pure Lightning myself, that I can upgrade to Trans when I want).

Hardware used(i4970k, 16gb ram, Nvidia 970, good local US network connection).

I've played with 2 DCs and a OP, all three with trans light, haven't seen more lag than usual, but the CWs got insane damage there.
  • masterclown61masterclown61 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Alright, I only have one word here, one simply can not compare Vorpal to new enchants by saying it is 28% damage increase without knowing the total combat advantage damage bonus + crit severity. Ty.
  • xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    We tested Lightning on GWFs in CN and it did great on thrash clearing, but lost to vorpal on the bosses, which was to be expected.

Test were done on GWFs with 90%+ Crit chance and arnd 113% severity.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

We tested Lightning on GWFs in CN and it did great on thrash clearing, but lost to vorpal on the bosses, which was to be expected.

Test were done on GWFs with 90%+ Crit chance and arnd 113% severity.

Lets see how t lightning will work in sp.

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Forgehammer 2 stronk.

Can you say "Disintegrate every 3 seconds?

Explain plz ?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User

I will remain neutral in this discussion, however, here is a picture from ACT of what my CWs damage distribution looks like in mod 11:

I use Bilethorn on single target fights and Lightning on AoE. This log is over an extended period of time with the same group.

If Aura of Courage the way it works now (using the HP of each ally instead of the HP of the Paladin) is already a major part of the damage of one of the top DPS classes, just imagine how it will be when it is fixed, just imagine AoC using the HP of Paladin to calculate everybody's damage.

Paladin + Metallic Dragonborn + all HP boons and feats + gear + whatever = huge AoC damage