test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Bound Insignia from a Lockbox? Really Cryptic?

kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
I think this is a new low even for Cryptic ...

It seems the green insignia you can get from the new lockboxes are account bound - you can't even auction them or give them to guild members who need insignia. It's bad enough the new lockboxes have a reasonable chance to give you 2 green insignia anyhow, but making them bound so all you can do is sell them for coppers is a new low ...
PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader

Comments

• aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    Had the same happen to me. Boo.... bad Cryptic!
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

Uh oh ... now you got her. She is going for the rolled up newspaper.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Bound items from lockboxes are usually an error* but one that has happened more times than I think anyone would be comfortable with.

*Unless you're on Steam probation which I assume you're not - and it even warns you about that.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Escalating this for clarification/comments!

Bound items from lockboxes are usually an error* but one that has happened more times than I think anyone would be comfortable with.

*Unless you're on Steam probation which I assume you're not - and it even warns you about that.

No .. I'm definitely not on any kind of probation, those keys are ones I'd saved up from VIP and the last key sale. Nothing else in the pile of lockboxes I opened was bound - just the insignia. Just the GREEN insignia at that ... which is perhaps the most annoying part. It's bad enough to get 2 green insignia in a lockbox, and even worse to have them be bound (so the key is basically totally wasted).
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User

Lucky that Arcane Whirlwind wasn't bound ;);)
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    Is the Whirlwind supposed to be in the TB store?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    litaaers said:

Yeah, usually the non-Legendary version of the Lockbox mount does get added to the TB store.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    vida44 said:

Lucky that Arcane Whirlwind wasn't bound ;);)
    Hehe... thanks John :) I am LOVING IT!

A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit

Escalating this for clarification/comments!

Thanks! Good to see our new CM is on it :)
  • ontheleftcoast#2086 ontheleftcoast Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

litaaers said:

Yeah, usually the non-Legendary version of the Lockbox mount does get added to the TB store.
    Any comment on the bound items in a lockbox? If that's what's intended I don't think I'll be opening any of them. The drop rate for good items in boxes is already horrendously low, making the items unsellable is just an insult to the players.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    They're checking on it.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Bugs are all created maliciously out of greed and spite, don't you know?

(The fact that it's only the green insignia that are affected should probably be the first clue it's not WAI. I'm not saying that's ok, only that it's pretty much the least significant thing imaginable to have accidentally bound.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2017
    Julia's AFK at the moment, but she followed up and I'm relaying:
    • Green insignas from the Abolethic Mount Pack (via Many Starred Lockbox) being Bound to Account is a bug.
    • We've made a prospective fix internally. I do not expect the fix to go live this week, but hope to get something up on Preview shortly.
    • If you have an Abolethic Mount Pack (or several) and you're worried about the green-quality insignias binding, it may be prudent to leave those packs unopened in your inventory for the moment.
    • Once the fix is in and live, those packs can be opened and the green-quality insignias will be non-bound as expected.
    Insignias in the player inventory will remain bound even after this fix, unfortunately.
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    @terramak, @nitocris83

That is awesome news !! Thanks to you both for not only escalating this but for getting back so fast. Things are starting to look up once again.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Issue should now be fixed :)
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    just get rid of green grade items from lockboxes, it is too common and we get them from trash mobs and overland chests. lockboxes mean "Better quality prizes". no one want another elblem of elementals.

Thanks for elevating this and making sure it was taken care of @nitocris83!
    wylonus said:

just get rid of green grade items from lockboxes, it is too common and we get them from trash mobs and overland chests. lockboxes mean "Better quality prizes". no one want another elblem of elementals.

At the moment green and blue insignia are both very cheap on the auction house. Given the price of a lockbox key, it would be very nice to get at least a couple of blue insignia in a lockbox. At least now we can sell the green ones or give them to friends ...
    not sure if that was intended to feed mimic as devs designed for.
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User

I opened the new mount lockbox with my most recent VIP key and the green insignia from it was bound... so not fixed! :(

Seriously though, why not just remove the green insignia from the lockboxes? Give us blue ones with a chance at purples for our keys! ;)

@samaka#2511
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User

I opened the new mount lockbox with my most recent VIP key and the green insignia from it was bound... so not fixed! :(

Seriously though, why not just remove the green insignia from the lockboxes? Give us blue ones with a chance at purples for our keys! ;)

Well, the next two mount packs I received I only got insignia from, and these were all unbound. I absolutely did get a bound one after it was stated the issue was fixed... I will keep an eye on any green insignia I get from these boxes and will post if any drop bound... just in case one snuck through unchanged! ;)
    @samaka#2511
    i may collect any newer lockboxes that have insignas, but wont open them til they remove all the green insignas from boxes. keys were paid for, by a value of spend zen on VIP, those greens are insulting and too easy to get from trash mobs and kit nodes.
    i could get 10 green insignas drop from mobs/nodes every day, then why include those in boxes? it seem a dirty play.